Trying to Get Pregnant

Monday Bitchfest

After a long holiday weekend, I'm sure we have plenty of things to bitch about!
Me: 33 DH: 31
DS: 5 years old
TTC #2 since August 2015
July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• TW pregnancy mentioned

My freaking cousin. She's young, hasn't finished school yet, and is pregnant (on purpose) with a guy she had been dating for like five seconds before they started trying to have a kid. All of that is crazy to me, but I really, really have been trying to suppress my judgey side. I've defended her to family- her life isn't perfect, but she has worked very hard to improve from the crazy hot mess her life was a few years ago.

However, we found out over the holiday that she is still smoking (well into second tri). The family is upset, but I'm just so angry at her. I don't understand how she could be so reckless and selfish.

• **TW: Sexual Assault mentioned**

My bitchfest is, again, my damn sister... My other sister is dating a new guy. It's been a looooooong time since she's brought a guy around. She was sexually assaulted a couple of years ago by a friend of a friend. He was never convicted for "lack of evidence" and so she never really got closure. She's been pretty afraid to date ever since so this is a huge deal for her. This guy is so wonderful. They met at church, he's an EMT Firefighter, retired Army, he's super sweet and treats her great, basically everything we could want for her. Well, of course, my other sister has to be a damn brat as usual. She was SO MEAN to him for the entire day. Super rude, wouldn't let him talk, and just openly hostile. She was pretty horrible to my DH when I first started bringing him around. Same thing with our brother's wife. I just can't get over it. I felt so bad. Especially with everything our other sister has been through. 

@AshVA That would piss me off too, especially after defending her. If it were me, I would straight up tell her she's being selfish and reckless and that you're done defending her. I know it would probably cause more drama but there are so many of us who would give anything to be KU right now and she's treating it like it's no big deal? Nope. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • *TW Pregnancy Mentioned*

@MRSCORKER I'm sorry about your sister. Based on this story and others you've told about her, I think she's jealous of other's happiness and feels the need to try to destroy it. That's got to be hard on you and your other siblings. Hopefully your other sister's new boyfriend isn't scared off and can hang in there and ignore her behavior. 

@AshVA I would be angry too. I once had a pretty close friend who smoked, and when she got pregnant, I just assumed that she would stop. I had been in communication with her, but didn't really hang out with her much in her first trimester. Then, we met up at the mall to do some shopping (at this point, she had found out the sex of the baby, so well into her second trimester) and all the sudden she lights up a cigarette like it's no big deal. I mentioned that I thought she had quit, and she said that she "hadn't gotten around to it yet". I was just in shock. I told my boyfriend (now DH) that night that I could not be around her anymore and that I didn't want to be friends with someone that irresponsible. 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The company I work for didn't get us anything for Christmas this year...not a card, not an ornament, not even a Christmas lunch at our office. NOTHING.  Last year I think we got a small gift with their name on it, and the years before we received small gift cards.  

NOTHING.

Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited December 2015
    Mine are all ski related since I have been skiing winter break.

Why, men do you have to man spread in the gonadal and take up all the room? What is with men, when we are packed in and they spread there legs out as far as possible squishing everyone else?!

Also what is with slow people on a flat slope, please stay to the right and let us faster people pass on the left instead of spreading out and blocking everyone!! Grr....

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @Lecool I think that's exactly what it is. It's like she thinks other people's happiness will detract from her own. She really is a good person and I love her. She's a great person to have in your corner but it's little things like this that just make my heart hurt. I just want our other sister to be happy and I don't want to see her new BF get run off over.

Ps... good call on cutting that friend out of your life. I would do the same exact thing. I used to bartend and one of my regulars got KU. She would come in almost every day and have 1 or 2 glasses of wine. She would always say "my doctor said it's totally ok to have a glass of wine once a week". Ok, great. Except you're coming in EVERY DAMN DAY. It got to the point where I refused to serve her and made the other bartender do it. Poor kid.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I need to bitch about my in-laws. Original, I know. But God, I just can't stand them. My MIL is so far up my ass that I can't breathe. My FIL is a lazy asshole. This morning, FIL was leaving (MIL stays here in town with a friend for the winter, and FIL goes back up north) and MIL packed the whole car for him. She put food in a couple of different containers so he could eat on the way. He came down and sat down in the living room and was like "welllllll I guess I won't be able to snack on the way home since I don't know where the food is" and she was like "I put one thing in the cooler and the other thing in the other bag" and he goes "welllllllll I guess I won't be able to get into it since I'm certainly not going to go rooting around in the trunk of the car for it." And then he sent her out to the fucking car to move his fucking snacks for him.

Then when he left and my husband went to work, MIL came back inside and was like "oh goody, we finally get some girl time!" And I was like. Sigh. Yay. She is always going on about how we need "girl time." Like what even is that. I'm not fucking going shopping. As far as I can tell, girl time consists of MIL trying to get me to complain about my husband. But like. I love my husband. He's delightful. I don't want to complain about him.
  • I'm sure some of you remember that I'm not a fan of my MIL. She is super friendly but she doesn't stop talking and its usually a string of delusions about how much she loves the children she basically abandoned and how great of a mother she is or advice on how to raise children...since she did so much of that.

Anyway, apparently my SIL is being super nice and throwing a surprise party for her birthday this year. She messaged me and DH asking for us to write a few reasons why we love my MIL. DH just googled nice things to say about your mom and copy pasted, since she has never really been a mother to him in any real sense of the word. I can barely tolerate her, so I feel awkward writing straight out lies about why I love her. Here's the kicker, SIL asked my mother and father to write something too. They have only met her about five times and, while they are polite and welcoming, they can't stand her either. I can always write something diplomatic enough to pass, like "I love her for giving me my wonderful husband" but why would my parents be asked to write anything, especially if they barely know her and anything they say would be a load of BS.

@AshVA I would have the hardest time not showing how insanely angry I was at someone like that, so kudos to you for having the temperament of a damn saint! At my job I have to hear about pregnant women not only smoking but using all types of drugs throughout their pregnancies. They get a pat on the back if they are on methadone, like good for you, you're still using heroin it just comes from a doctor and your baby will still go through withdraw. Meanwhile, we all sit here desperately wanting what they have and treat like trash.

@MRSCORKER I had something similar happen when I was a bartender many moons ago. This regular would come in and get sloshed at least twice a week. After a while it became pretty obvious that she was pregnant, so she was definitely getting drunk during a good portion of her pregnancy. Once people started to notice, she "cut down" to a few glasses of wine. I couldn't bring myself to serve her.

• Suspected non-pregnancy mentioned

I'll add in-laws. H's family Christmas was hosted by his aunt. She's doing really, really well in AA right now, and we're super proud of her. Clearly, no alcohol was served. NBD, right? Wrong. The majority of the casual drinkers in his family smuggled in wine in coffee mugs, hid beers on the back porch, etc. Aunt was very graceful about it, but I felt so badly for her.

Then, once the whole crew was a few deep, they all decided that I "must" be pregnant (since I wasn't drinking) and refused to take no for an answer. We just, just started trying, so this wasn't painful for me in that way, but it bugged the heck out of me that they were all drinking and that just made it more obnoxious.

@LINDSEYRVA the "girl time" thing is a pet peeve of mine, too. It always turns into mean gossip and I just don't get it.
  • I'm pissed off that my boss asked me to come in today.  I am sitting in the office and it's so empty, they didn't even bother turning the lights on for this half of the floor.  I am just sitting hear in darkness alone. I have NO clue why he wanted me here, other than to just be annoying.  

I also got my 6th blinking smiley this morning.  I am very over having sex this week.  I just want to O so I can take a BD break. 
    TTC #2- November 2015

• My grandfather's girlfriend. She spent all of Christmas bragging about HER family, gossiping about our family, saying borderline racist things, and demanding that I become pg as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure everyone was just as equally annoyed with her.

• sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited December 2015
    I don't know if some of you remember about 3 weeks ago I had some drama with family. (Super long story short...I'm Christian, H is Arab Muslim. Some Family started posting questionable shit after Paris with 2 (cousins daughter and cousins husband) in particular posting blatantly offensive shit on fb. I removed fb completely after talking on here with a few women who did and loved the freedom. I was accused of disowning the entire side of that family. I went back on to simply say intolerance will not be tolerated in any form. Didn't name anyone but did provide quotes of things that won't be tolerated. Have been off fb ever since. Received a message from cousin that my husband and I chose to ignore. I figured, let this die off and move on when everyone has calmer heads)

Fast forward to now. I came home for Christmas and have specifically asked anyone that knows to keep it quiet. I'm not seeing anyone outside immediate family and 4 very good friends. I chose not to go to that side of the family celebration. (I also didn't let my fathers side of the family know I'm in town. And I am arguably much much closer with them!) I spoke with my sisters, step-mom, and 3 aunts to let them know my decision and so if they heard I was in town there wouldn't be hurt feelings.
    Well, cousin somehow found out I was here and is now dragging shit out with one of my sisters! Neither of my sisters went to that family Christmas. They each went to their SO sides this year. My cousin is accusing my sister (only the one) of lying about me being in town and specifically avoiding everyone. She has now specifically deleted and blocked my one sister, her wife, my mom, and my dad. Over all this. Saying her family is hurt by my actions and now my sisters actions. I can't believe people like this exist in the real world.
    She justifies her freaking out about me deleting my Facebook because I should have told everyone. So now she also feels entitled to know where I am in the world? WTF? No! If I choose to fly 9,000 miles home, I'm entitled to keep it quiet if I want! No one outside my H is ENTITLED to know where in the world I am. The only people entitled to know if I'm in town are those I choose to tell. I don't have a car here anymore and with the holidays I don't have much time to run around. If I choose to keep my presence in town quiet so I don't need to feel like an asshole telling everyone I can't see them, then I can choose to do that. Ugh. Why don't people just let shit die off? Some people thrive on drama. If I chose to ignore you, don't drag my sister into it. (And only the one? Why not the other?)
    I'm so annoyed

Eta. I tried doing a Sheldon cooper Gif from mobile but couldn't get it. So just adding this one!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • I am so stinking sick of the Walking Dead. DH has recently gotten into it and has been binge watching every episode on Netflix this past week. If I have to keep hearing zombie screeches and blood spatters, I'm going to turn into a screeching zombie.

Also, work SUCKED yesterday. I work in a big box hardware store, specifically in the Home Decor department. I know blinds, curtains, cleaning supplies. I don't know goddamn jack shit about flooring. TWO, mother loving TWO flooring associates called out yesterday. The one guy who was there was stressing so bad. I helped him when I could, cutting big rolls of carpet and setting up install details...that stuff I can handle. But after 5 yesterday, there was no one else in flooring. We have these god forsaken call buttons that customers can press, and it does an automated page for assistance overhead. DID ANY FREAKING BODY ELSE GET THE CALL BUTTONS IN FLOORING? NOPE! MOTHER LOVING NOPE. I was the only person who would go over to help customers, in between trying to take care of my own department.

Oh, and on top of it all... I am super PMS-y. I've been spotting the last few days. Please, AF, just show up already so I can stop being so bitchy.
    Me: 28 | Hubs: 36
    TTC #1 // Benched until further notice
    Type I Bipolar Disorder & ECT

• I'm a little over my parents right now.  We paid over $1400 for plane tickets to go see them for Christmas, and we were snowed in with them most of the time we were there.  My mom spent the vast majority of the time in the kitchen making food (which was delicious, but there were only 6 of us there--she made way too much food and we did not need days of elaborate meals that took literally 8 hours a day to prepare.)  My dad spent his time watching pre-recorded (not even live) football and Fox News on the TV.  WTF?  What was the point of us coming out to see them if they're not going to, you know, talk and interact with us?

Then my dad started asking me questions about Donald Trump (sorry, but barf) and trying to convince us to visit him overseas because he has this harebrained idea that he's going to retire halfway around the world.  I LOVE international travel, but dude, we are HERE RIGHT NOW and you are barely interacting with us.  What makes you think that we are going to spend even more money and the vast majority of our two precious weeks of annual vacation time to come visit you halfway around the globe in a location that doesn't even appeal to us all that much?  Sorry, but nope.  You want to retire in some remote location halfway around the globe from your family, that's on you, but you're going to live with the consequences, and I'm not going to stretch my already thin resources to make that decision easier for you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • @shaami1986

This cousin lives far away, so the whole thing took place over the phone. I wasn't around during the call, so I didn't have to talk to her. If I had been there, I probably wouldn't have been able to bite my tongue.

• For my bitchfest I just need to get out some of the frustration that built up over the holidays with family:

My brother (who we'll call J.) and SIL kept talking about how they're going to go live with my grandmother for awhile until they get ready to move into their own home. They don't need to live with her for financial reasons or anything they just want to mooch off someone. My SIL kept saying how nice it would be to have someone else run the household for her and do the laundry, cooking, cleaning etc. My grandmother is old and just recently had a heart attack. I couldn't believe SIL was expecting my grandmother to essentially be her maid. It isn't enough that my grandmother is going to let them live there free or charge?

My brother, J., also starts talking about how while he's living with my grandmother he's going to try to con her into willing all of her land to his daughter (my niece). I thought J. was joking considering my grandpa who just passed away 3 months ago had always made it very clear that he wanted all the land to be in a trust for the whole family instead of having it deeded to 1 person's child or something. It really bothered me that J had no problem at all completely disregarding my grandpa's wishes like that.

Then there was this whole thing where my SIL starts talking about how she hopes DH and I never have children because if we do my mother may not dote on A. (my niece) as much. Maybe I'm just being a little extra sensitive since my MC but... WTF?! Why would you say that to a couple struggling TTC? I mean, she knows we're having trouble. I've talked with her about it.

TW: MC mentioned.

After all that I took my younger brother aside to tell him about my MC since he kept asking when we're going to have children. The whole thing was a joke to him it seems. I said we "lost the baby" and his response: "how did you lose it? There's only 1 place it can be! hahaha" followed by "Don't worry. It's just a clump of cells at that point anyhow." Then he gets up and walks off.

This wasn't even all the drama and WTF moments. Basically, this sums up my holiday with my family:

httpsichzbgrcommaxW5003615592960hAD9FE1D2

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @sarah0985 - Sorry for the family drama. Racist family members suck. DH called out his uncle for dropping the N word like 10 times and reminded him that his cousin and his GF were on their way over and she's black, so maybe he shouldn't say that word. It got uncomfortable after that.
    Mine is pretty typical, I knew DH's family would pry about when we're going to have kids, but it was over bearing. DH was really annoyed. At first he tried to ignore them and they kept prying. It's like, it's none of your damn business people! If we wanted to share with you that we've been struggling and dealing with infertility we would have, but we don't want to because you're a bunch of judgmental a-holes. Ugh! Just typing this is making my blood boil!  

• Holy crap @NamelessAria.  I'm really really sorry you had to hear all of that from your B & SIL -- that is absolutely atrocious behavior, and there is no excuse for it.

Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • @NamelessAria Wow, I'm so sorry! Your SIL sounds extremely selfish and a bit entitled. Do you know if she was raised in a wealthy family or if she was just very spoiled? I can't even imagine living in someone else's home, especially my husband's grandmother with health issues, and not actively trying to help out around the house. Is the brother you were talking about a very young brother or is he married to this SIL? It sounds like a response from a 21 year old frat boy.

It might be against the rules but I am adding another bitch! In the past two weeks I have gained 6 pounds. Last week I woke up 3 pounds heavier and the same thing happened the other morning. I don't get how that happens just, bam, overnight. I haven't been drinking, just my normal glass of wine here or there and haven't been eating anything different or different amounts. There is literally no reason that this should have happened and I feel disgusting and gross now.

• @NamelessAria - So sorry for your family drama. They sound incredibly insensitive to your loss!
  • I actually don't have much bitching to do today, but just wanted to say that I'm sorry for everyone's family drama. It sucks so bad when you're forced to interact with terrible people on a regular basis just because they're family. My heart goes out to you ladies.
    I'll probably be in full bitch mode next week though, since my MIL is coming in tomorrow. That lady is super weird and annoying so stay tuned...
    Me: 32
    DH: 30
    DS: Born 10/21/2011
    Mirena Removal: 11/23/2015 

• @simcal18 I understand not always getting the response you want when in town. Have you lived far away long?

@NamelessAria holy moly! Your siblings don't hide their feelings (or lack there of?) well do they? I'm sorry they have such little tact and feel it's acceptable to voice those opinions and thoughts to you. Are you close to them normally?
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @NamelessAria Yikes, that's awful. Sorry you're dealing with all that. Hope your grandmother has a quick recovery, and isn't stuck dealing with your brother and SIL for long.

• MrsDho11MrsDho11 member
    edited December 2015
    Mine is no where near as bad as some of these, but I've spent the past five-ish days with MIL making multiple swipes a day at ME (not DH) about how she doesn't have any grandkids yet. Or making comments about my sister and her newborn that make it clear that she (MIL) is upset that we don't have kids yet. I was dreading this trip for this reason, and I was right. I'm beyond frustrated and just want to go home.

Oh, and how many times can FIL and MIL talk about moving closer to us then ask if we have any news for them and talk about Mr. & Mrs. Whoever who got to move closer to their children because they're having grandkids? And oh, does [insert friend's name here] have any kids yet? Why not?

Ugh! And they (well, mostly MIL) purposely do it to me when DH isn't there.

I just want to be home. We leave for the airport in a couple hours.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• sarah0985 said:
    @simcal18 I understand not always getting the response you want when in town. Have you lived far away long? @NamelessAria holy moly! Your siblings don't hide their feelings (or lack there of?) well do they? I'm sorry they have such little tact and feel it's acceptable to voice those opinions and thoughts to you. Are you close to them normally?
    @sarah0985 I've lived pretty far away from home since I went to college at 17 (I'm 33 now), and either my father or both parents have been away on overseas job stints for a fair amount of that time, so I'm very used to living far apart from them.  Depending on how work and life shakes out, sometimes we'll see each other twice a year, and sometimes we'll go 18 months without seeing each other.  I'm used to that and I'm okay with it.  It's just frustrating when I feel like they're not making an effort to make the most of the precious time that we DO get together, and then ask us to spend even more money and vacation time for another trip because (my dad at least) wants to relocate somewhere remote and halfway around the globe for his own selfish reasons.

Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • I take my lunch everyday from 1-130. I eat at my desk because i have no interest in making friendships with people at work. This is the 30 minutes of the day I get peace and quiet at work. At least twice a week this woman i work closely with comes over and says "I know you're on lunch buuuuttt....." and proceeds to tell me a story or ask me a question related to work. 

Bitch, please. Go away. I've told her multiple times that I'm on my lunch and to come back when i'm done. 
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    Married: 04/04/2014
    TTC #1: 05/2015
  • My bitchfest concerns very irritating family. My brother drove 6 hours to visit everyone on Christmas Eve. Since my parents are divorced, my mom does Christmas Eve and dad does Christmas for our separate family get togethers. So not half an hour after my brother gets into town, my mom decides that since her assholic physically violent on again off again bf / fiancé wanted to randomly pick up and drive out to visit his friend two states over that she would just do what he wanted. She left my brother alone with instructions that if he needed to get into her locked up house before she returned tomorrow, that my brother could break in more or less by going through the living room window with the broken locking mechanism. All this when we were supposed to do lunch at noon. She didn't bother to tell anyone. I only found out because I called to let them know I was almost there and asking if I needed to grab anything at the store for the Christmas party. I ended up picking up my brother and taking him to Wendy's for lunch since they were the only place open nearby.

DH and I opted out of visiting my dad's side this year. DH is Jewish, and every time we visit my dad's family they try to tell him he needs to convert and become a Christian so he doesn't go to hell. *eye roll* Or they will try to demean him by loudly discussing how much so and so (random person's son or childhood friend who used to have a crush on me) is making doing XYZ.

I suppose it made them mad that we didn't participate in my dad's family Christmas because they made a point to tell DH and I that they would not be giving him a Christmas gift and that any gifts were only meant for me. I don't care about the presents. Christmas is about a whole lot more than some stupid gift. But really.... Wtf?

Next year we don't plan to participate in any family holiday gathering with my side of the family. They are just too stressful and rude. I would much rather enjoy some quality time relaxing with DH.
  • @simcal18 You just described my parents too! They moved about two hours away to the middle of nowhere when I was in college, so obviously I didn't go live with them when I graduated - that wasn't my home and there was nothing there job wise or friend wise for me. They built this ginormous house and kept getting stuff (snowmobiles, a boat, a hot tub, then a bigger boat when the grandkids came along) to entice my brother and I to visit. But whenever we did, my dad would rail on and make fun of my brother about one thing or another, insult SIL's profession, make racist comments, etc and my mom would watch me like a hawk and call me after the visit to tell me what petty things she liked or didn't like about it. (I forgot to make the bed, I forgot to clean up my plate after dinner, I didn't reach out to hug her first, she had to)

I got a nasty email one day from my dad because I didn't answer a phone call from them and I didn't bother to call back because my mom didn't leave a message and I was busy prepping for a party. Somehow it got even nastier when I pointed out how faulty the thinking was and I had to apologize. WTF?!?!

Now they're moving a plane ride away and think we're gonna visit. Hell no 'rents. You're miserable people and are just looking for something to complain about after every visit. I'm not paying for 3 people to fly for that crap.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• @simcal18 It makes me feel better to see that I'm not just the crazy, bitchy sister and other people see their behavior as unacceptable. Thanks :)

@shaami1986 Yeah my SIL is definitely very spoiled. Apparently her family is very wealthy. However she insists that she isn't spoiled, her parents never did anything for her and they were "abusive." When she explained their abuse it was basically that they give her brother more stuff and spend more money on him than they do her. And sometimes her mother hurts her feelings by saying things like "your hair looks kinda bad you should probably go have it highlighted again." Which, maybe not the most polite thing to say but I wouldn't say that's abuse. SIL is a piece of work.

And yeah my younger brother is only 23. He's normally a pretty nice guy but he isn't really known for his tact and sensitivity.

@strickland8052 I definitely felt like it was very insensitive. But I know I've been a little more sensitive than normal lately so I didn't know if it was just me. My family all acted like my brothers' and SIL's behavior was totes fine and I was just being bitchy.

@sarah0985 My younger brother and I have always been really close. I'm not especially close to my older brother and my SIL. They're just... very hard to deal with. They're both very selfish and rude. My older brother starts drama at every single family event but blames it all on someone else then has a tantrum about how horribly we've all treated him (over some imagined slight) and announces he's NEVER spending another holiday with any of us every again! Every. Single. Year. It's great because this year after all that I was trying to keep my mouth shut and be polite but apparently I was giving off an "I think you're a terrible person" vibe (despite my best efforts to be nice and keep the peace) so he started screaming at me about how horrible I am for thinking he's a bad person. My parents strangely sided with him and gave me the whole "he's your brother you need to be nice. He loves you more than you love him" speech. Whatever, mom, whatever.

@AshVA I really hope my grandma isn't stuck with them long also. She's far too much of a sweetheart to call them out on their rude, selfish behavior. And knowing her she'll do the maid thing as much as she can to keep the peace. I just can't even imagine how my brother and my SIL can feel their behavior is remotely OK.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @simcal18 and @KDHB13 - my ILs live about 3,000 miles away from us.  They pay attention to us when we visit, but as I mentioned, it also tends to be filled with a bunch of digs.  They're both retired and have enough money to plan long traveling trips to Europe, Montreal, etc., where they stay at nice hotels at least every other year.  DH is doing the whole start-up thing and can't really take a lot of time off, and when he does it's not much at once, he feels guilty, etc.  They visited us once last year, and MIL told us she was never visiting again because she hates flying.  Yet they give us all kinds of crap for not visiting them more often than once a year.  So frustrating!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• I'm spending the first day of my vacation paying bills that I keep trying to pretend don't exist. So far I've put more than $700 worth of medical bills (and a couple parking tickets) on my credit card.

Worst. Vacation. Ever. Uuuuugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• @MrsDho11 @KDHB13 It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one dealing with difficult long-distance family. Thanks for the thoughtful comments. I think it's hard when you feel like you're putting out effort that's not necessarily being reciprocated. I also think that when you move out at 17 and never really live close by as an adult, it's harder to build and an adult-to-adult relationship and it becomes easier to slip into a parent-child dynamic when you're together.

Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • I have to throw my bitchfest in, though it covers a few objectives. First off is the stupid county commissioner who took out a perfectly good wooden bridge and replaced it with a dirt one that the 9 inches of rain we got over the last three day WASHED away. So now we are stranded till the water levels go down, which leads to my next bitching, the local hospital made massive mistakes when my son was born, so we have to drive an hour into town to see him until he's well enough to come home, and now I cant see him till Wednesday at the earliest. And last but not least, my cycles are all over the damn place making ttc almost a night mare, I cant temp because I'm a chronic insomniac and don't sleep long enough to get a decent temp. Sigh, I go from every 42 days to 26 to god only knows what, makes me want to cry and my poor dh is getting sick of sex, lol, never thought I would hear him say that but its every other day like clockwork trying to make sure we catch that egg. Okay, I'm done for now, thank you ladies for letting me get this out!!!
  • @simcal18 Agreed. But in my case it seems like my parents want to keep the adult-child relationship. They like telling us what to do and don't like us arguing back with them.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Mine unfortunately is my DH. We have been apartment hunting all day and he is making it extra difficult and being rude. I know he's frustrated and so am I because we aren't finding anything in our price range but that's no need to be rude and snap at me. I can't control the price. Grrr....

• Tennis11785Tennis11785 member
    edited December 2015
    Right now my bitchfest is DH.  Last night we had to clean up the house because my parents are coming into town.  After telling me he "refused" to clean the stuff off the dining room table because "it's all yours anyway".  (For the record, I took a tally of everything on the table and found that we had equal stuff on the table.)  He agreed to do the entryway.  After he cleaned, I peeked down the stairs, saw it looked really good, and said thank you.  He went to bed, and when I walked downstairs I learned that he took everything in the entryway and just moved it into another room.  He didn't actually put ANYTHING away where it belonged. Just re-arranged the mess.  When he brought it up tonight, I said I was annoyed when I saw it but I just fixed it and did it myself.  His response, "well I didn't think I should be doing it anyway because it's all yours."  Does he seriously think nothing in this house is his?  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Day late, but I wasn't on, so.

My bitchfest is my MIL. We went to her house yesterday for Christmas, and at first she was fine. But then it hit 3pm and she started drinking and by the time we'd left to go to my hubby's uncle's house to see his uncle and grandfather, she was halfway to wasted. The entire ride over there she was talking shit about my car and comparing it to her brand new Jeep and saying my car was old (it's an '09) and didn't have all of the upgrades her Jeep had and how could I stand the car and blah blah blah. And then she started talking about inappropriate things while my DS was in the car with us (long story short; hubby was a teenage boy at one point and racked up a huge cable bill renting adult films), which pissed both DH and I off.
    Then when we got to his uncle's house, she asked me what I got myself for Christmas with the money she'd given us -- I had bought a Jawbone UP band. She started talking about how I should just take diet pills and stop eating and that the band was a waste of money.. I'm like.. you didn't give me a stipulation on what I should buy with my Christmas money; I wanted it, I'm an adult, get over it!

And then the entire ride home she was extremely loud and obnoxious, and was once again trying to talk about inappropriate things with DS right there, and started in on my car again and how there was no climate control heating or heated seats and ... Ugh. By the time we got back to her house, I was so ready to drag  her out by her hair. When she's sober, she's not that horrible. But once she's been drinking, she turns in to an inconsiderate bitch.

A some point this week AF will show up and I haven't gotten laid in a week so I'm sexually frustrated and starting to PMS, so I feel like she should be really glad I didn't do what I wanted to do to her yesterday. I was pretty damned polite if I say so myself.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023