Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Anyone else tempted.. To shop?

Boxing day or week sales in Canada are the equivalent of Black Friday. I have been off since Christmas and find myself so tempted to scoop up some baby items at a great price. But I just feel to superstitious to do it, so I have limited myself to a little online shopping.

Has anyone bought or been tempted to buy for baby yet?

On an unrelated note I am 9w6d, today and bleeding started at 9w5d last time, but still feeling like I will hold my breath until the end of the first try.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anyone else tempted.. To shop?

• Options
    I haven't bought anything yet, but I found myself looking at baby stuff for the first time last weekend when I was Christmas shopping.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    Yes, I've definitely started to feel a little tempted to shop! Are you finding out the sex? We are not, so I feel like that will keep me from shopping for a while. I'm a little overwhelmed thinking about registering, not gonna lie. I'm 9w so I'll be waiting a while longer before I make any large purchases :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We find out the sex, so that won't be a deterrent. But I won't until the second tri, but I was sure tempted to.☺
  • Options
    I'm also 9 weeks. I had my miscarriage at 16 weeks last time. I want to be positive. I want to tell people (my family). I want to buy little outfits. But, my brain won't let me. I am not even planning on announcing until 20 weeks. If my next appointment goes well (at 11 weeks) we are telling our parents and siblings. Everyone else will find out at 20 weeks. 
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Options
    I hear you my MC was a MMC that was found at 9 weeks. So the idea that I could think everything is OK but maybe it's already not is hard to shake. We are likely to announce at the start of the second tri, wow good for you if you can make it to twenty weeks without announcing :). The way I've been eating I feel like I'll be glad to make it through the month
  • Options
    I'm 10.5 weeks and I actually bought some onesies today. It felt really weird but I'm going to have to start somewhere (plus I got 4 cute ones for $8!). 

The first time around I bought a hat that said, "good day" on one side and "bad day" on the other. I don't regret it because it's super cute. :) I can't wait to actually see it on the baby.
  • Options
    I have bought a few things. But I have quite a few people I know that are pregnant so I can always give it away if I buy for the wrong gender.
  • Options
    I will be 15w on Thursday and we found out last week it's a girl! We haven't bought anything big yet just a few outfits and blankets.
  • Options
    Im tempted to stock up on diapers. When I was pregnant with my daughter I was really into couponing and started buying diapers and wipes. With all the diapers I bought while pregnant and all the ones from the my baby shower, we didn't buy diapers or wipes until she was 6 months. I want to do that again, but I am terrified that if I do, something will happen. Like I am jinxing myself. If my anatomy scan is good, I will start buying ahead. I have a while, I'm only 11w3d.