Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/TTA Weekly Check-In (12/27)

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer- even if it is for a good reason. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Generally:
Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and are "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons
*Note: NTNP = you are having sex without protection whenever you feel like it. This is generally not the same as Benched or TTA*

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How has being benched/TTA been going? 

Anything else you'd like to share? 

QOTW: What's your absolute favourite TV show?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Benched/TTA Weekly Check-In (12/27)

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? College

How long do you think you'll be here? 8 months

How has being benched/TTA been going? I've taken three pregnancy tests in the past week because I'm BSC. Obviously all negative. AF should be starting at any point in the next 7 days. I had a super big moment where I was symptom-crazy. Looking back, obviously it was because leafy greens never agree with me and give me gas, but... in the moment!

Anything else you'd like to share? Every time I say "guess what" to hubby, his response is "you're pregnant?". ... Like, hey, stfu. Don't do that to me, bro.
    On a completely different note, I'm addicted to lurking on WTE boards, and I'm 99% sure I'll end up getting the Glow app because my life is boring and I need entertainment.

QOTW: What's your absolute favourite TV show? Dr. Phil for the win. Aside from him, I love all Lifetime movies because drama.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited December 2015
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? life, finances etc...

How long do you think you'll be here? Originally we were gonna start trying in May but it looks like that might be pushed back until Sept or even longer, so I may stop posting here because it is vaguely depressing

How has being benched/TTA been going? Shitty today

Anything else you'd like to share? I love the northeast- I couldnt imagine living anywhere else, but the cost of living here is pushing back things that I want, and it annoys me

QOTW: What's your absolute favourite TV show? GoT, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Scrubs

• Loading the player...
  • Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? CP on 12/20

How long do you think you'll be here? Not sure...nurse said to wait 3 months but we can't wait that long. We are debating on waiting on cycle or starting now

How has being benched/TTA been going? Crappy and it's only been a week

Anything else you'd like to share? Family time with babies and a pregnant SIL sucks.

QOTW: What's your absolute favourite TV show? Too many. Greys, scandal, blindspot to name a few
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Shock therapy doctors want me to wait for my treatments to be spaced out more to make sure I'll be able to handle 9 months without a treatment, without going into a horrible bipolar episode.

How long do you think you'll be here? 6 months at most, I hope. Hopefully shorter than that.

How has being benched/TTA been going? DH and I are kinda bummed about having to wait, but we want to go into this as safely/thoughtfully as we can, considering my illness. We do continue, almost on a daily basis, to talk about pregnancy, kids, how we want to raise them, etc. Besides us talking about it, I keep myself busy with blogging and writing in the meantime.

Anything else you'd like to share? AF is beginning to rear her ugly head (I was super cranky and crampy at work today), but I'm thinking about just going ahead and starting to temp once CD 1 hits. That way I'll be in the habit of temping once we get the green light to TTC.

QOTW: What's your absolute favorite TV show? Oh god...for a long, long time it was House. I even named my dog "Wilson." Right now, it's Gotham. I'm getting antsy with waiting for the next episode. I can't get enough of the bromance between Penguin and Nygma. They're so adorable.
    Me: 28 | Hubs: 36
    TTC #1 // Benched until further notice
    Type I Bipolar Disorder & ECT

• Are you benched or TTA?  Benched

What brings you here? Chemical in early December

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully just a couple of weeks

How has being benched/TTA been going?  Found out another friend is pg. Doctors office called today to remind me of what would have been my first ultrasound, so that was fun!

Anything else you'd like to share? 

QOTW: What's your absolute favourite TV show? House of Cards and Orange is the new Black!
  • Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Grad school, finances, life in general.

How long do you think you'll be here? TCC starts in July!

How has being benched/TTA been going? Eh. I'm pretty okay. Sometimes I just want to throw my hands in the air and say LETS MAKE A BABY NOW. But, then my brain kicks in and reminds me that the reasons we are waiting are good reasons.

Anything else you'd like to share? Nope :)

QOTW: What's your absolute favourite TV show? Big Brother, hands down.

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Skyjewell23 I LOVE Big Brother!!
    AmMcc12 I'm glad I'm not the only one who still likes Grey's:)

Are you benched or TTA? benched:(

What brings you here? Miscarriage 12/15

How long do you think you'll be here? Dr said to wait til AF but we haven't been using protection...opps:/

How has being benched/TTA been going? Holidays sucked...I skipped the one Christmas party with all my KU cousins and the babies.

Anything else you'd like to share? I'm off work all week, planned to do a lot of work around the house. Today I took a two hour nap:)

QOTW: What's your absolute favourite TV show? Grey's, Amazing Race, Army Wives, I could go on....

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Miscarriage 12/4

How long do you think you'll be here? My new doctor said that we only have to wait one cycle, so right now I am awaiting AF which feels like it could be today, but realistically I know that it's probably at least 4-5 days away.

How has being benched/TTA been going? Ugh.I am anxious to get back in the game, but we have a trip to Mexico planned at the end of the month and a trip to my parents mid-month, so the longer AF holds out, the less likely we are to have to BD at my parent's house and test while on vacation in Mexico. After everything, we've been through this month, I'd really like to enjoy a pina colada on the beach next month.  

Anything else you'd like to share? Thanks for creating a check-in for us Benched folks. I hope to not have to be here too much longer! 

QOTW: What's your absolute favourite TV show? West Wing is my favorite show of all time, but I loved Mad Men and Breaking Bad. H and I just started Transparent last night. If you have Amazon Prime, I highly recommend it. 
  • @dogmomwantinghuman  DH and I are in the same boat (not using protection). Doctor said to wait 3 months (complete insanity), but we have determined that we will be NTNP this cycle and then get back on the horse after first period.
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• I have to get this out, and this is the only appropriate place:
    I'm having horrible baby fever, and I'm day 5 in to my "period week" of BC, and I have not gotten a period, no cramps, and no irritability (other than being tired because I'm always a biotch when I'm tired; it's a talent!). I want to pee on all the things, but I'm trying to be good and a small part of me is hoping that I'll never get a period and then turn a test, but the logical part of me says now is just not the right time.

***TW: babies mentioned***
    I ran in to my cousin on my way to get breakfast at work, and she told me her sister was in our maternity wing and had just given birth the night before, so of course I went up and visited and got to hold the baby, and holy crap she's so tiny and so adorable and so precious and I was literally standing there crying because I wanted it so badly. She was so gorgeous, and I just... ugh. It just reignited the fever again, and I should not have subjected myself to that, but how could I resist?

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023