Infertility
Options

January/February IVF

Re: January/February IVF

• Options
    @Cmartin6706 congrats to you and your wife! That's a great number! 
  • Options
    Woot woot @cmartin6706 !!!! Wonderful number !! I wonder if both implanted :):) how often will you have betas / appointments ? 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Cmartin6706 Fantastic!!

Me:41 DH:54
    Married: 2005
    TTC: 2006
    Infertility: Male Factor, poor morphology
    First IVF/ICSI February 2016 BFN
    Second IVF/ICSI May 2016 BFN
    Third IVF/ICSI October 2016 BFN
    Fourth and final IVF/ICSI December 2016 converted to an IUI for poor response BFN
    Fourth and final IVF/ICSI take two, January/February 2017 converted to an IUI for poor response BFN
    Fourth and final IVF/ICSI take three, April/May 2017...third time's a charm??
  • Options
    @BridgetLy I'm sorry that this is so stressful for you! I did not experience that with mine. Can you ask your doc if they are worried? On a side note: one of our nurses told us that running can really affect your fertility and not allow your body to absorb the hormones during your stims. I don't know your activity level, but I just thought I would mention it. FX that you get to keep moving ahead!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Cmartin6706 yayyyyyy!!!!! Congrats on the great number!!! Keep the positives coming!!
    @bridgetly I stimmed for 14 days which I think is longer than some. I probably would have had to go longer had I not done 3 IUIs with the same injectable medication at a very high dose, so they knew they had to start me off high ( 3 vials of menopur, which was increased to 4 at around day 7) Everyone's body responds differently so hang in there!!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. We are thrilled! Beta two on Wednesday and first ultrasound the following Wednesday. We aren't leaning either way but wouldn't be surprised if both implanted especially since she had such a strong, early HPT positive. 
    ***Loss and success mentioned***
    Me:34, Wife: 32
    IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
    IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
    IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
    Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
    Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
    Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
    IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
    2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
    2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @Minnie1155 Congratulations! So happy for you!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie thank you!! How are you doing? Did you try acupuncture, I never tried it but it does sound like it could be nice. 

@twomommiestobe 12dp5dt mine was about 100, now at 14dp5dt right at 200. Congrats on your numbers, that's awesome they tripled! I wish I could have another beta just to see mine go up more!

• Options
    @Minnie1155 I'm okay but feeling very nervous... we're supposed to get a call today from our embryologist with how many embies made it to day 5. I just called a left a VM because I know they close soon. I actually have my first acupuncture apt in 30 minutes. I'll let you know how it goes!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yay @Minnie1155! Congratulations, so happy for you. 
    @twomommiestobe congratulations on beta #2! So much good news in this group! 
  • Options
    I can't get over the success in this group!!! Congrats @minnie1155!!!! When is your ultrasound next week? Mine is Thursday I will technically be 7 weeks and 1 day!
    amazing second beta @twomommiestobe!!!
    @dragonfaerie let us know your results and how you do with the acupuncture!!
  • Options
    Tomorrow is our transfer and I already have the whole day off.  Our doctor is a 2 hour drive from our home so we will be on the road for roughly 4 hours tomorrow.  I was wondering if I should lay down in the car on the drive home and lay down when I am home or is resting in a chair enough?  
  • Options
    Congrats to all who received happy betas!! You all got me through my Monday lol
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @Minnie1155 and @twomommiestobe so exciting for you both, congrats!!
    @cardinalgal97 resting while sitting should be fine, I was very comfortable after transfer. Praying all goes well for you!
    Fourth and final IVF/ICSI December 2016 converted to an IUI for poor response BFN
    Fourth and final IVF/ICSI take two, January/February 2017 converted to an IUI for poor response BFN
  • Options
    @Cardinalgal97 FX and prayers for you today!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome @DivineDevil and congrats on your BFP!!
  • Options
    Welcome @DivineDevil and congrats on your BFP!!
    Thanks Morningstar80! We're still cautious, since we're waiting to see the result of the second beta.
    ********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Me - 33 (as of 2016) - Hysteroscopy prior to IUI attempts to remove a couple of polyps.
    DH - 35 DH tested in 2012 with abnormal morphology and low motility. Bi-lateral varicocele diagnosed with US. Surgery to fix varicocele diud not yield any positive results.
    IVF#1 (GnRH Antagonist protocol with Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and 10,000IU HcG trigger)
    8 eggs retrived, 4 mature and fertilized via ICSI, 2 day-3 six-cell embryos implanted - beta < 8, BFN

IVF#2 (Long-Lupron or Down-regulation cycle with Follistim, Menopur and Lupron) - Almost had OHSS.
    17 eggs retrieved, 11 mature and fertilized with ICSI, 4 Day-3 6- and 8- cells. Implanted 2 8-cells on day 3 and let others mature to day 5. beta <15, BFN. 2 embroys ceased at cell compaction on Day 4 and were discarded.

IVF#3 - New Doctor, diagnosed with insulin resistance and prescribed metformin (GnRH Antagonist protocol with delayed Ganirelix, Follistim/Gonal-D and Menopur. Novarel/HcG trigger at 1000IU and 2500 IU HcG boosters)
    HcG 10000IU trigger on day of retrieval, HcG 2500IU 3dpo, HcG 2500IU on day of implantation (0dp5dt), HcG 2500IU at 4dp5dt

2/23 BETA#1 10dp5dt - 247! Look great but DH cautions against expectations since it could also be chemical pregnancy(boo!)
    2/25 BETA#2 12dp5dt - 604. Per betabase.info, the doubling time is 37.21 hours.
    3/9   U/S#1 (6w2d) - Yolk sac and heartbeat!!! Woo hoo!!!
    3/23 U/S#2 (8w1d) - Fetal length measuring 1.79cm. Heart beat 170bpm. Sounded like a little steam engine! Due date November 1, 2016

• Options
    @DivineDevil Sounds like a good first beta! Congrats and welcome :)

TMI Warning...
    Anyone else in the TWW have itchy nipples? Seriously, do you know how hard it is to be in public with itchy nipples and sore boobs? UGH!
  • Options

@momof2furkids I'm not in the TWW, but I'm sorry, I just had to laugh. We women have it so hard! It's so much fun trying to discreetly rub your arm along your chest. I hope you feel better soon!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Selena2016 That's awesome. I am hoping to be in that board once we finish the second beta.

This board and community has helped me quite a bit. At one point, I was ready to give up and just ditch any more attempts. I read my first article here when I thought I was at rock bottom.
    ********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Me - 33 (as of 2016) - Hysteroscopy prior to IUI attempts to remove a couple of polyps.
    DH - 35 DH tested in 2012 with abnormal morphology and low motility. Bi-lateral varicocele diagnosed with US. Surgery to fix varicocele diud not yield any positive results.
    IVF#1 (GnRH Antagonist protocol with Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and 10,000IU HcG trigger)
    8 eggs retrived, 4 mature and fertilized via ICSI, 2 day-3 six-cell embryos implanted - beta < 8, BFN

IVF#2 (Long-Lupron or Down-regulation cycle with Follistim, Menopur and Lupron) - Almost had OHSS.
    17 eggs retrieved, 11 mature and fertilized with ICSI, 4 Day-3 6- and 8- cells. Implanted 2 8-cells on day 3 and let others mature to day 5. beta <15, BFN. 2 embroys ceased at cell compaction on Day 4 and were discarded.

IVF#3 - New Doctor, diagnosed with insulin resistance and prescribed metformin (GnRH Antagonist protocol with delayed Ganirelix, Follistim/Gonal-D and Menopur. Novarel/HcG trigger at 1000IU and 2500 IU HcG boosters)
    HcG 10000IU trigger on day of retrieval, HcG 2500IU 3dpo, HcG 2500IU on day of implantation (0dp5dt), HcG 2500IU at 4dp5dt

2/23 BETA#1 10dp5dt - 247! Look great but DH cautions against expectations since it could also be chemical pregnancy(boo!)
    3/23 U/S#2 (8w1d) - Fetal length measuring 1.79cm. Heart beat 170bpm. Sounded like a little steam engine! Due date November 1, 2016

• Options
    @momof2furkids Thanks! I also have 2 fur babies and your picture brought a smile.

I did have a lot of itchy sensations on the injection sites in my tummy during the meds cycle. Mostly my nipples were sore.

• Options
    @selena2016 i hope to join all y'all soon !!! Hopefully I'll be there next month . I'm praying !!! Gonna miss you guys... But glad you all are graduating from here ! So exciting !! 

@momof2furkids I'm not in the Tww but on a ton of estrogen and I will say my nipples have been so so itchy !! It's so uncomfortable . I try to scratch when nobody is looking . I've been nipping hard through bras too . Bras are so uncomfortable lately . The other day I got so pissed off I took my bra off at a stop light on the way home from work . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    dragonfaeriedragonfaerie member
    edited February 2016
    FX for you @rachlee2010 ! Will you have to take PIO shots everyday until the transfer?

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you @jerseygirl856 @laur2444 @momof2furkids @Morningstar80!!
    there has been a lot of success which is so nice to see!

@dragonfaerie that is so great 6 made it! 
    @laur2444 my ultrasound is next Thursday too! I can't wait until then!
    My clinic didn't offer a third beta and I'm still nervous because my numbers were initially on the lower side. 
    @DivineDevil congrats! 

@selena2016 what a great idea, will check it out!
  • Options
    Congratulations to all the BFP's there have been so many its been hard to keep up with! 

I was just wondering for anyone scheduling their FET, my clinic has been an absolute nightmare, each time i contact someone they say i should be contacting someone else ive been assigned like 3 different IVF coordinators and have to like drag any information out of them. I tried emailing my current FET IVF coordinator with no luck hearing back and dont have a direct phone number for them. Im not on any meds or birth control and will be going out of the country soon and want to get back into things when we get back and am wondering what meds are you girls on and how far out from your FET does your clinic have you taking anything? 
    Me (28) DH (32)
    Married: Dec 2011
    TTC#1 May 2014
    Dx: MFI (low count)
    FET#1 May 2016  BFP 
    EDD 2/4/17 - TWINS- MC July  o:)o:)
    FET#2- 11/9/16 BFP- MC o:)
    FET#3- 2/8/17 BFP- MC o:)

• Options
    @kjplaza for my FET we started right after our retrieval cycle..so I got a period..came in on cd 3 for a baseline..started birth control pills that day and took them for 2 weeks..I finished those on a wed and went in on Friday for another baseline..That night I started estrogen which I will take for about 2 weeks when I go in again for a lining check..if it looks good I will start progesterone that day and my transfer will be 5 days later

hope that helps
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie  I am happy to provide entertainment! Giggles are good :)
    @mskeenan yes, soreness here too, but the itchiness (when it happens) can be maddening!

I am keeping busy...beta 2/29 and trying not to be a completely obsessive lunatic ;)
  • Options
    dragonfaeriedragonfaerie member
    edited February 2016

@momof2furkids I was talking with my DH last night and realized that I have been extremely itchy all over since doing stims. My hands and feet especially, but also my back. I definitely think it has to do with the hormones, so I hope you can get some relief! Have you tried coconut oil? When I get itchy patches I'll just rub that straight on the spot, or mix with my lotion. It seems to help with irritation. Praying for your beta!!

@Minnie1155 Thank you!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kjplaza I just finished my first cycle of ivf - bfn. And I'm going right into my FET. I started on estrogen on cd3 and will go in once a week until the transfer. 

So much easier than the ivf cycle. 

My RE is planning to do a hysteroscopy tomorrow to see if there's anything wrong with my lining. Has anyone had one?? Any advice or experience is welcome! Hoping all goes well and I stay on track for my FET this month!
  • Options
    Minnie1155Minnie1155 member
    edited February 2016
    @jmboscacci  so sorry for your bfn, I'm glad you have the option to do a FET.  Hoping this cycle goes well for you!

@tulips29 I have loved lurking all the other IVF threads! It's been nice to have an idea of what to expect and to see everyone's journeys. fx that you get your BFP soon!
  • Options
    @cmartin6706 Many many congratulations! Let us know the results of your ultrasound!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker