October 2015 Moms
Options

Comments from moms that bother you?

What comments or questions have you received from other mamas that bother you? I want to make sure i dont accidentally offend anyone! Mine would be "do you breastfeed or use formula?" In my opinion, this is not something you should ask someone casually unless you are a close friend or close family member. Or unless it's obviously relevant to the conversation. I also got, "guess you're not the skinny one in the family now." Too soon.

Re: Comments from moms that bother you?

• Options
    I will throat punch anyone who comments on my weight.

I agree with feeling uncomfortable when people ask if I'm breastfeeding and I say "no, formula" because the next question straight away is "why?"...... dont really feel like explaining to every second person that my breastmilk dried up overnight and second of all whats it too them.........
  • Options
    I don't mind if people ask "Breastmilk or formula?" But I DO mind if people say, "So, you're breastfeeding, right?" Or something that implies he should be breastfed. And I am breastfeeding him! But it still seems presumptuous.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It really depends on who asks and how if I am breastfeeding. It's weird. Why is it the first question people ask and why does it matter? A fed baby is what matters. I am breastfeeding and I love it. some moms can't and that question hurts, others choose not to and shouldn't feel guilty. My boss asked me in my performance review. It was weird.
  • Options
    I get annoyed when people make negative comments about me cloth diapering. I don't understand why they care what kind of diapers I use, it doesn't affect them! I don't ever make comments about people using disposable. There are so many choices when it comes to parenting and I get annoyed when someone makes it seem like their way is the best/only way.
  • Options
    I hate that when someone shares their opinion about parenting, they're rarely interested to hear yours.
  • Options
    @ColoradoHiker I EP as well :) so great to see I'm not alone ! Lol I have since my baby was about 8 days old (9 weeks straight now) and it was by far the best decision I personally made for me and my daughter ... It took away so much stress and she was way less frustrated and I felt we could bond more with us both enjoying her feedings :) keep up the good work I know it's a ton of work for sure !!! ❤️

I feel so uncomfortable when people ask me if I breastfeed or formula feed (why does it matter?) because I feel like they expect me to "explain myself" ... going through pregnancy and becoming a mom has really taught me how to speak to other moms and pregnant women lol
  • Options
    I also hate the breastfeeding vs. formula question. To be fair, I don't think most people realize what a sensitive topic it is unless they've been through the struggle. But every time someone asks me I feel like I need to launch into a long explanation as to why I'm not BFing, like I'm defending myself of any wrongdoing. It sucks.
  • Options
    When I say I'm formula feeding, I get a question like "what went wrong?". Nothing went "wrong"... I didn't even attempt to breastfeed! I had zero interest in breastfeeding/pumping and it's irritating that it's assumed formula was my second choice.
  • Options
    I'm glad you've all said the formula vs. BF question bothers you so much (seriously). I didn't realize it was so bothersome. I've had several friends have babies recently and I always ask. Mostly so I can talk to them/ask them questions about feeding if they are also formula feeding. I never question their answer though, either way.
  • Options
    cbolton19cbolton19 member
    edited December 2015
    trishee13 said:

I'm glad you've all said the formula vs. BF question bothers you so much (seriously). I didn't realize it was so bothersome. I've had several friends have babies recently and I always ask. Mostly so I can talk to them/ask them questions about feeding if they are also formula feeding. I never question their answer though, either way.

That is a totally different. I have no issues with my friends talking to me about it. Especially if they are about to have a baby or have kids and we are just discussing it. Breastfeeding hasn't been exactly been smooth sailing for us so if they have questions or I do, then we can talk about it. That is totally fine for me. I don't like it when the randos feel the need to talk about it or interject their opinions. : )

Eta: can't spell
  • Options
    https://www.someecards.com/parenting/moms/mommy-wars-video-similac/

This is about different parenting/choices/circumstances and no judgement, I really loved it!!!
  • Options
    @Littlehummingbird what a great video made me cry!
  • Options
    Thank you for posting that video! Made me very too.
  • Options
    I agree with pp. That was a great video.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Whebever my baby fusses I have a friend that always says baby is just still training you . I am not a dog drives me nuts
  • Options
    I think this video was posted here months ago but I wanted to repost it in this thread!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Me9yrREXOj4
  • Options
    @smnewby I don't know why but that video made me cry lol good post !