3rd Trimester
Options

pelvic and rectum painful pressure - I can't walk

I just entered my 3rd trimester. I am 28 weeks now. I have pelvic pain through to the rectum. I cannot walk on my own. It'd so painful. I have back pains too especially when I sleep turning is so hard. Anyone know what this could be?

Re: pelvic and rectum painful pressure - I can't walk

• Options
    Gife said:

I just entered my 3rd trimester. I am 28 weeks now. I have pelvic pain through to the rectum. I cannot walk on my own. It'd so painful. I have back pains too especially when I sleep turning is so hard. Anyone know what this could be?

No idea what it could be but I highly suggest calling your obs office Monday morning and speaking to a nurse. I carried twins to almost 36 weeks and never needed assistance walking nor did I have pain in my pelvic region or rectum.
  • Options
    Sounds similar to me during my first pregnancy. Turned out my baby went head down early and she pinched my Sciatic nerve making every movement excruciatingly painful. Def call and bring up to your doctor, but if that's what it is, unfortunately only having your baby will fix the problem. Warm baths and heating pads do help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you all. Will see doc first thing Monday
    Hoping all goes well.
  • Options
    I started having similar pains when my little guy turned head down as well.  Almost overnight, I went from being pretty active to barely being able to walk/stand for more then 10 minutes at a time.  Yoga and hot showers both help some, but the Dr said there really wasn't much that would resolve the problem other than giving birth.
  • Options
    Could be SPD, do you have pain simply standing? What about lifting one leg? rolling over?
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    I have pain standing and walking
  • Options
    it helps to stand still for a moment when you go from sitting to standing, especially after going to the bathroom, i have to stand there and squeeze my thighs shut for a minute so that i can walk