December 2015 Moms

It's 1T all over again...

groovylocksgroovylocks member
edited December 2015 in December 2015 Moms
So apparently our nutritional needs are even more high octane now than during pregnancy. And, of course, because my body is usually an arse, my appetite is, once again, completely gone. Nothing interests me. Not even my favourite foods. I eat but it's not enough and what i do eat, i force down fast before i give up. It sucks. Tonight was the first night i really felt hungry. I treat myself like a camel. When i get an urge to load the hump, i load the hump. 

Is this normal? Do some women feel like this? It scares me because i'm nursing and i'm scared that a bad appetite will dry up my supply. 

Re: It's 1T all over again...

• I'm the opposite. I'm wanting to eat everything and I'm craving chocolate more than ever! Have you tried to talk to a LC or baby's pediatrician? I don't think your milk supply will dry up as long as your staying hydrated and nursing and/or pumping on demand.
  • I'm not particularly hungry either, but I wouldn't say that I'm grossed out by food. I could skip meals but my hubs makes sure I don't. However I'm constantly craving chocolate too!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a stretch of a few days where food grossed me out but I constantly craved ice water. Dr. Google said it was normal. I can eat again and frequently feel hungry, but I can only eat a little bit at a time. Hang in there, it should pass!
  • I feel the same.. I have completely lost my appetite since baby was born. I'm making sure I eat throughout the day because I'm breast feeding but I never feel hungry..
  • Make sure the things you are eating are calorie/protein heavy so you don't have to eat as much to get the nutrients you need ... try things like protein shakes as well - might be an easier way to get the calories down. You do need to make sure you're getting enough nutrients but just do what you can and go from there. Also make sure that you're drinking a lot of water especially on days that you don't think you're getting enough calories. Hydration is just as important! But I get it, I go through waves. Some days I'm hungry and some I'm not. Just do the best you can!
  • I hear you on the chocolate though. :) I love it right now. I didn't think to mention that.
  • I feel the same way. I did have N/V my whole pregnancy so not being hungry is literally what 2015 was to me. However Ibdo feel hungry every once in a while. Especially around 2-3amish. Its feeding time for me and baby! @VesperLove have some sokid advice. Protein shakes saved my life during pregnancy and now.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I felt the same way the first couple weeks. I think it was stress due to bfing issues and not feeling well. I had to force myself to eat. Would do protein bars, cut.up fruit, oatmeal. It will get better!
  • ^^ so jealous!!
  • What kind of protein shakes are you all drinking? My husband has tons of protein powders but he buys weird crap and I'm terrified to try it lol. Any specific brands you all like?
  • Yes to the chocolate!! But I'm constantly hungry despite being only 5lbs from pre-pregnancy weight (not trying to brag, it's really surprising considering my past)
    @ammnam14 I preferred Herbalife, they taste doughy when you combined the protein boost with the meal replacement. Add peanut butter and it's just like a liquid peanut butter cookie!