June 2016 Moms
Options

** FRIDAY/SATURDAY Ticker Change **

It's been a very busy few days, so I figured I'd post this now before another crazy day begins! 

How many weeks/how big is baby? 

Rants/raves?

Upcoming doctors appointments? 

GTKY: If you celebrated, what was your favourite gift or moment from Christmas this year? If you don't celebrate, how did you spend your extra day off? 
Me: 30 || DH: 32
Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave

Re: ** FRIDAY/SATURDAY Ticker Change **

• Options
    14 weeks - a lemon/brilliant beet/troll doll 

Rants/raves?
    HELLO SECOND TRIMESTER! Please be nicer to me than the 1st! 
    I feel like it may take me days to recuperate from the exhaustion of the last few days. And I hadn't really given it much thought beforehand, but I found it really difficult being the only one not drinking at my in-laws place last night. Oh well! 

I wasn't supposed to have one again until January 15, but my OB's office called a few days ago & is now having me come in on Dec. 30. Of course this change has me all nervous & overthinking things! 

GTKY: If you celebrated, what was your favourite gift or moment from Christmas this year? 
    My favourite moment was spending the first bit of the morning around the tree with DH & my dog. We did our stockings & gift exchange, & just enjoyed the calm before the storm. 
    Favourite gift: a beautiful necklace from DH with diamonds & rubies (my birth stone) on it. I love it! We were really spoiled this year overall. 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • Options
    17 weeks. An onion.

Rants/raves?
    Had a great Christmas and I'm loving watching DS play with all his toys while I sit here relaxing!

We go for our anatomy scan on Tuesday. So nervous/excited.

GTKY: If you celebrated, what was your favourite gift or moment from Christmas this year? If you don't celebrate, how did you spend your extra day off?
    My favorite moment was this morning. DS was feeling under the weather yesterday morning and didn't open any presents. He woke up this morning and tore them open and loved everything. There's nothing better than watching him run around the living room from toy to you so excited.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks/how big is baby? 15w/naval orange

Rants/raves? Just feeling very blah about everything. Everything except cheesecake.

Upcoming doctors appointments? Jan 8th blood work (Quad screen I think?) that I may cancel, depending on cost. Next OBGYN check up is Jan 15th.

GTKY: If you celebrated, what was your favorite gift or moment from Christmas this year? My favorite moment was when DD actually squealed in excitement over getting a Sofia amulet and dress-up dress.
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    15w 3d, navel orange

Rants/raves?
    I've had a sinus infection for 3 weeks now. Antibiotics didn't get rid of it. I've been using my nasal irrigator (basically a jet powered neti lot) 3 times a day. Losing hope that I'll ever get rid of this. Any suggestions anyone?

Regular checkup on Monday with my OB and getting the quad screen done. If the results come back normal, we'll be announcing very soon! Just family and close friends know at the moment.

GTKY: What was your favourite gift or moment from Christmas this year?
    Favorite gift is my new Subaru outback that we bought a couple weeks ago. Favorite moment was giving my puppy her stocking. She sat nose up right under it at the fireplace waiting, just adorable. She loved one of her treats so much she tried to bury it in her bed, then wandered the house holding it and crying. She loves Christmas :)
  • Options
    15, orange

Rants/raves?
    We found out yesterday that my SIL is pregnant and due at the end of July! I am so excited for them and for our LOs to be so close in age. I haven't talked to my MIL yet but I'm sure she is just over the moon to have her first 2 grand babies born about 6 weeks apart.

Next one is January 15th.

GTKY: If you celebrated, what was your favourite gift or moment from Christmas this year? If you don't celebrate, how did you spend your extra day off?
    I really enjoyed sharing the news with my extended family on Christmas Eve. Yesterday I hosted my first ever Christmas dinner for my dad, his gf, and her son. I got a little stressed out because the timing of everything was a little off but it worked out well and it was so lovely to have a big family meal around my dining room table (it was my great-grandmothers table and I grew up with it in my house). And of course talking to my SIL about her pregnancy! It's been a great few days.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas/day off/Friday!!

13+5, peach

Rants/raves?
    Nothing in particular today. Just getting through the sugar hangover from yesterday. 

Next one isn't for about three weeks. Not nearly as anxious for them now that I'm farther along and we found early screenings came back negative and that he's a boy!

GTKY: If you celebrated, what was your favourite gift or moment from Christmas this year? If you don't celebrate, how did you spend your extra day off? 
    DH got me tickets for The Book of Mormon 
    musical. Was so bummed I missed it when it came to town a couple years back as I heard it's hilarious and have wanted to see it for several years. 
    My favorite moment was when DH excitedly said "There's gonna be three of us next year!" I don't know why, but it was just so spontaneous and sweet. I had been thinking it all day but was trying to tone down my incessant talking about the baby. Even thinking about it now makes me tear up a little.  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DeePaddy24 I hope your 2nd is better than 1st...I hoping for the same thing.

@Knottie86418473 Your husbands reaction is awesome!  I love that he is so excited about Christmas next year.

It's been a very busy few days, so I figured I'd post this now before another crazy day begins! 

14  - Lemon

Rants/raves?  I don't have any rants this week...shocker!!  My rave is sitting at sonic waiting for Christmas snacks last night.  We waiting 15 minutes to order & 20 minutes for our food.  We didn't care because DS was listening to music on his new headphones and I was watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix...I LOVE technology!!  I know that is a weird rave.

12/31 for another US.  We had an appointment on Wednesday and doc said the placenta has a slight separation.  I will be on bedrest until Thursday, 12/31.  They will re-check on Thursday and decide what to do if it hasn't corrected itself, which the doc was hopeful of.  If I will just sit my butt down that is.

I have to pick one?!?!  :smile: 
    The look on DS's face when the Christmas tree skirt started ringing.  Santa hid his new phone under it and started calling when he woke up.  He finally found it, the look on that face was priceless!!  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    How many weeks/how big is baby? 16 weeks, an avocado

Rants/raves? I have an umbilical hernia that has been getting really tender after I eat, especially if I eat too much. Every time DH comes near me he just wants to touch my belly but when its tender I just want to smack his hand away.

Upcoming doctors appointments? Just a blood draw on Tuesday and next regular OB appointment isnt until January 7th

GTKY: What was your favourite gift or moment from Christmas this year? my kids' excitement with their gifts was my favorite moment. As for gift, DH and I don't give gifts to adults or to each other but my mom gave us a gift card to the movies and a friend gave us a restaurant gift card both of which we will enjoy using very much. :-)

DS-7
    DD-4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    14 / Lemon, troll doll

Rants/raves? Feeling pretty great. Feeling a few flutters, I'm pretty sure. Looking forward to not eating junk because of MS. I've gained 10 lbs in 1st tri. Boo. 

Upcoming doctors appointments? We have our next on the 15. DH finally gets to come! We get to find out the gender too, but won't be actually finding out until the 16th when we'll have a little family get together where we all find out together! DH is annoyed but I'm excited. He wants to find out before everyone else does. He's being a trooper letting me have my way. 

When DD, who is 3.5, came out of her room Christmas morning. She said, "He came! Santa came!" It was adorable. I think she was secretly worried he wouldn't come because she's been a little wild lately. 
  • Options
    How many weeks/how big is baby? 16 weeks/avacado

Rants/raves? Rave--my parents left this morning. It was great having them here, but I'm emotionally exhausted from their visit.

Upcoming doctors appointments? Not until mid January when I have my 20 week scan and check up.

DD taking all day to open her presents because she wants them opened and to play with them for a while before she moves on to the next one. I love it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Options

14 weeks/ lemon
    Rants/raves?
    Found out my sister is pregnant too! She is still very early but she thinks she is  due mid August.

Not until 2nd week of January.

Watching my dog open his presents. My mom got him a basket to put his toys in, so we put the presents in there and then he grabbed one, tore the wrapping paper to get to the gift. It was s cute!

• Options
    mrsb8244mrsb8244 member
    edited December 2015
    How many weeks/how big is baby? 14 weeks (Saturday)/ Lemon/House mouse lol

Rants/raves? Yay for the second trimester! I didn't have as rough of a first as some of you ladies though! I'm just happy because baby will start doubling in weight weekly from here on out!

Upcoming doctors appointments? January 6th!

GTKY: If you celebrated, what was your favourite gift or moment from Christmas this year? I love watching our dog open his presents because he's literally a genius and is so cute because he can open them perfectly and doesn't eat the paper lol I'll attach a picture :) My favorite present was anything baby related. DH's grandma and my mom both bought baby a stuffed animal, my mom and MIL and sister all bought me maternity shirts, and MIL and FIL bought us crib and it's exactly what we wanted (no idea how they knew our taste!)

ETA the pic I forgot to attach lol (baby brain)

• Options

How many weeks/how big is baby? 15w naval orange

Rants/raves? Rave - loving my growing bump! Still in the awkward is it blump or bump phase but I know haha

Rant - being the designated driver for the holidays... Missing my wine! Haha

Upcoming doctors appointments? Next centering group is tomorrow! We check vitals and hear the heartbeat then meet as a group for education and discussion about pregnancy. Love being with other moms going through the same process and symptoms (it's pretty much like these boards but in person haha)

GTKY: If you celebrated, what was your favourite gift or moment from Christmas this year? If you don't celebrate, how did you spend your extra day off

Boyfriend gave me a monogrammed bag that says "mom" with all sorts of body lotions and butters for stretch marks and a motherhood maternity gift card... I cried! My mom gave us a roomba which will be amazing for when LO comes! (heck it's amazing now! Haha)