December 2015 Moms
Options

Ftm question for newborn

My son was born 2 days ago and we just got home with him today, he had a rough time sleeping in his bassinet in the hospital due to reflux and now at home he will not stay in his bassinet for more then 5 minutes without screaming. He goes right to sleep when he positioned up a little bit and not directly flat on his back. We have the Greco simple sway swing, once we put him in he has barley made a peep and has stayed asleep for the most part, it also helps with his reflux. Is this safe for him to sleep in Just for tonight? His head seams to be stable and not slouching fowards. My boyfriend is going to go out tomorrow and purchase a rock and play which I feel will be better for him to sleep in. What are your thoughts on having him sleep in this swing for the night? I feel like I can't even take my eyes off of him bc I am so paranoid and all I need is some sleep right now

Re: Ftm question for newborn

• Options
    I'd keep him in it overnight.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    DD has slept in almost this exact swing a few nights now... I don't have a problem letting her sleep in it. You need to get some sleep and if it makes him feel I better I say go for it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had almost the exact same swing with DD and he slept in it for months because of tummy issues. DD now sleeps in it as a bouncy seat. Sometimes you have to do what you need to get sleep although honestly it's normal to struggle with sleep over worrying about your newborn. With both my babies I spent the first few days just watching them.
  • Options
    They have wedges too you can buy and put in the bassinet under the covers to make them prop up a bit. One of my friend's babies suffer from reflux and the wedges saved her sanity. She said they work like a charm. 
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    My DD sleeps in something similar nightly0.
    I too was worried at the beginning and couldn't fall asleep. Prepare yourself for a few sleepless nights until you get settled and feel sure about things.
  • Options
    Go for it mama! My son only ever napped in his swing & my new daughter is in it now- love it!
  • Options
    We elevated one end if our crib mattress later too by rolling up a blanket and sticking it under the mattress.

My kid sleeps in his swing and also on a boppy lounger pillow in his pack and play. We gotta do what works.
  • Options
    Titus0526 said:
    We elevated one end if our crib mattress later too by rolling up a blanket and sticking it under the mattress. My kid sleeps in his swing and also on a boppy lounger pillow in his pack and play. We gotta do what works.
    I was going to suggest this actually - in the hospital, bassinets had this feature for babies like yours, who didn't want to be flat. Is it too late to find a bassinet that has this kind of feature, or rig yours up to safely mimic it?
  • Options
    @groovylocks A common suggestion for elevating one end of a crib is just to put blocks under the legs on one side. There doesn't need to be a huge difference. Once they start moving you don't want them to roll down the incline. Depending on the bassinet you may be able to do the same.
  • Options
    My son, at 16 months, still prefers to be elevated.  I think he slept in the rock n play for about the first 6 months of his life.  If his airway is clear and he isn't rolling around, you aught to be alright.
    "There is more to us than we know. Perhaps, if we are made to see it just once, for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less." - Kurt Hahn, Founder of Outward Bound

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker