June 2016 Moms

Announcement on Christmas!!! Thoughts!??

srammal2srammal2 member
edited December 2015 in June 2016 Moms
I'm 13 weeks and 3 days. I was thinking of making it "Facebook" official on Christmas Day which is today? Should I wait until 14 weeks? Who already announced over social media and how many weeks were you??

Re: Announcement on Christmas!!! Thoughts!??

• We did it at 12 weeks because NT and blood test were all clear. If you want to and feel good about it go ahead. Totally up to you and your partner
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I announced at 8 weeks on Halloween after my first ultrasound. I can understand why people wait longer, but since this is my first, I told myself if something happened I wanted to be 100% transparent about it.

A lot of ladies who wait, only wait until 12 weeks so I'd say you're golden!
  • Loading the player...
  • We announced at 12. I've had 3 fb friends announce already today!
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're waiting until we get our quad screen results back after my test next week. I wanted to announce today, but decided to wait for those results to be certain we're in the clear. I'm high risk though, so only close family and friends even know at the moment. Lots of people announce at 12 weeks, so if you are feeling good about it, go for it! :smiley:
  • We announced at 11 weeks after that ultrasound looked good
  • We are announcing on Facebook tonight after our parents hear the news in person at dinner. I'm 14 weeks 3 days. Merry Christmas everyone!
  • I think you're safe to do it anytime but you might get more notice if you post after today--my newsfeed is so cluttered with Christmas photos and I'm sure I've missed a lot of stuff because I've been too busy to scroll through extensively. Good luck whenever you do it!
  • I announced on the 23rd at 14+4... I was going to do it after the NT scan but since I had an appt the 23rd and my announcement was Christmas themed I waited
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Announced at 15 1/2
  • We announced around 7 weeks, 2nd pregnancy and after 2 ultrasounds.
  • edited December 2015
    Do whatever feels right I announced at 12 weeks because I was seeing everyone at thanksgiving a week isn't gonna make a big difference.
  • We announced at 12+5 after our NT ultrasound and quad bloodwork came back.
  • We announced Christmas day at 14+6. My parents and DHs patent were happy, but my grandma is soooo mad. I still haven't told my other grandma yet because I know she will have a similar reaction...any ideas?
  • I announced to family and Facebook Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I am currently 15 weeks along.