Pregnant after a Loss

Best Christmas Present!

Our genetic testing results came in this morning and everything looks great! We did Materniti21 so we found out we're having a baby boy and my three year old son gets a baby brother!

I guess we'll have a Christmas surprise for our family tomorrow. There's nothing in the world I wanted more for Christmas than to hear this baby was healthy.

Re: Best Christmas Present!

• That is the best present ever!!!! Congrats!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Merry Christmas! That's so special and exciting!
  • Congratulations!

• Congratulations! 
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Congratulations @alitria That's such great news to start off the holidays!
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Congratulations!!!
  • Congratulations.. Did you tell your family at Christmas?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats, such great news!
  • Belated Merry Christmas!!!!! That is excellent news for you and your family!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks everyone! We did tell a few family members on Christmas and I'm slowly beginning to tell more people.  I have to tell my boss today and I'm pretty anxious about it but it will be nice to get it over with!  He's always very accommodating but we're already pretty short staffed and he has joked that he's never worked anywhere with so many pregnant woman.  It IS a pretty fertile bunch around here and someone is always out on leave.  We don't get any paid leave either so figuring that out is always interesting. 
  • I'm with you on the "no paid leave." I'm self employed so my "leave" is minimal. Right now I'm hoping to take the end of April and the month of May off but not sure if that will be realistic for me. With my daughter I took 7 weeks. I planned for 6 but she came a week early so she bought me an extra week with her!
  • We're saving like crazy so I'll have some leave.  I applied yesterday for a competitive internship that means I would start school in March which is bad timing but I've put it off before and it's a two year cycle so I don't want to put it off again.  If I get it, I'll have unpaid leave but be going to school this summer/early fall (depending upon dates) and then will be interning when I go back to work.  My immediate supervisor supports me but I'm worried about the higher up people who decide that might take one look at me and come up with a reason to choose someone else.  If I get the internship, it would really improve the financial outlook for my family in a few years, so even though it would be hard I think I can do anything if it means I can do more for my family.