September 2015 Moms
Options

Suddenly hates the car seat?

AmandaNacoraAmandaNacora member
edited December 2015 in September 2015 Moms
So LO used to love the car seat and for a couple weeks it was the only placed she'd fall asleep (took her out after she reached a deep sleep) and just generally enjoyed being in the seat. This past week she screams when we put her in! I've checked it and nothing is hurting her or too tight, the second we take her out she stops crying and does little sniffles. She's also screaming when we lay her down... And again stops when we pick her up. 15 weeks old and already a little stinker! Anyone else going through this? Is it a wonder week or did we just spoil her already??

Re: Suddenly hates the car seat?

• Options
    It's too early to spoil them! My best guess is it's that 4th Wonder Week.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wonder week. Also I think some of it has to do with the fact that they'd rather be playing or looking at you and they sort of know they're gonna be stuck in that seat instead.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby always fell asleep in the car seat, now he doesn't like it much either.
  • Options
    My 3 month old hates his seat now too... It's been a few weeks. Hopefully it passes soon!
  • Options
    Well happy to hear I'm not alone, took out the infant insert and she likes it a little better, but still tries to sit up and get out when I buckle her in and cries until we start driving. Love her but it's driving me crazy!
  • Options
    My 12 week old now hates he's car seat too! So frustrating because I feel like I can't take him anywhere if I am by myself. He screams so much it makes him hot and sweaty which in return makes him cry even more :( poor baby!
  • Options
    My LO has always hated the car seat, but once we started moving or got in the car he would always fall asleep until he woke up for his next feeding. Now he wakes up and screams because he can't see anyone! If I am with someone I'll stop and get in the back seat and he smiles and laughs, and the other person will drive. A lot of times it's just me and LO though! Can't wait til he is big enough for the forward-facing car seat and hopefully that will resolve the screaming fits!!
  • Options
    Yep!! Same thing over here! Glad to hear we aren't alone and it's likely just a phase.