March 2016 Moms

UO Thursday 12/17

Why are you so unpopular?
DS1 - 9/21/11
DS2 - 7/4/14
DS3 - 2/21/16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

Re: UO Thursday 12/17

• I don't get the need for expensive baby stuff... my family complained that there was no "big" items on my registery... ikea for nursery furniture and MIL for pram...

So I asked them to buy us two large LLBEAN rolling duffels since we have no functioning luggage and plan on going home lots with baby girl!

LFAF- Best Olympic Moments...  Jackie Joyner-Kersee

• Loading the player...
  • I kind of want my water to break in an epic gush in a public place. Haha. I just think it'd be entertaining and a great story to tell! (And better in public than at home where I have to clean it up. ;-) )
    I would be so mortified!!!  So glad mine broke ON the toilet with DS1 - no cleanup!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Though I would never get one (primarily because they are elective) I don't think 3D/4D ultrasounds are creepy at all. I realize I'm in the minority.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Though I would never get one (primarily because they are elective) I don't think 3D/4D ultrasounds are creepy at all. I realize I'm in the minority.
    Late ones when the babies have some chub on them are cuter in a 'I stuck my face against the copier and zeroxed it' kind of way :)  

Later on they're fine. When I had the high risk anatomy scan they switched it to 3D and let me tell you....not at all cute.
  • kynbar5 said:
    I don't ever want jewelry for a gift. Every kiss does not begin with "Kay", a diamond doesn't mean love, going to Jared is asinine, and those twitchy, seizure inducing diamonds are ridiculous. Christmas commercials for adults are part of what's wrong with this materialist world.

I like jewelry as much as the next girl, but I prefer gifts that have a little thought put into them. I hate that jewelry is a "go-to" gift and everyone acts like their husband is the best.ever. just because of the price tag of whatever he bought. Which he likely didn't even pick out himself.
    I got mad at my husband when he bought me jewelry because I thought that he spent too much on me ha ha.
    kfarr26 said:
    My UO is that it really grates on my nerves when people constantly use their kids as an excuse. For lateness. For cancelling last minute. For not coming in to work because they just don't feel like it that day. For not coming through on something they said they'd do/bring for something. It's like, yes...shit happens from time to time. But when you use your kid as an excuse for not doing something but then check in at the salon for your mani/pedi on Facebook? Get it together. If you're going to lie, at the very least don't out yourself an hour later. Also, be sure you didn't pull the exact same crap for years before you had the kid...nobody has forgotten what a tool you've always been. People have continued to be functioning adults after having children for a long time. If you don't want to do something, just put on your big girl/boy pants and say so.
    Amen to this.  My sister-in-law always posts things on FB about how she chooses to spend time with her kids instead of cleaning the house.  Which would be believable if their house wasn't ALWAYS a mess before and after kids.  Yes it is worse now, but it was never clean.

There was a poster the other day that said mustard fixes cramps.   Honestly I'd rather have cramps than eat mustard.  That stuff is sooooo gross.  I'm a ketchup girl all the way!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • @mrspepper05 And I'm totally with YOU on the Pandora thing! It's just NMS. DH asked me about it a few years ago because a SIL had a bracelet. I told him it was a hard pass.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• kfarr26 said:
    My UO is that it really grates on my nerves when people constantly use their kids as an excuse. For lateness. For cancelling last minute. For not coming in to work because they just don't feel like it that day. For not coming through on something they said they'd do/bring for something. It's like, yes...shit happens from time to time. But when you use your kid as an excuse for not doing something but then check in at the salon for your mani/pedi on Facebook? Get it together. If you're going to lie, at the very least don't out yourself an hour later. Also, be sure you didn't pull the exact same crap for years before you had the kid...nobody has forgotten what a tool you've always been. People have continued to be functioning adults after having children for a long time. If you don't want to do something, just put on your big girl/boy pants and say so.

Soo this!  And what irritates me even more is don't invite ME to something then not be there on time for yourself!  Seriously- my friend invited me to her kid's birthday party, said it was at Mc Donald's at 4.  I showed up at 4:10 because I know how this friend is...and I was still there before SHE was!  I understand she is a single mom with 2 children (one 9 and the birthday girl turned 3) but you can plan better than having guests show up to a birthday party that nobody is even there for yet!  She isn't the only one- I've shown up "fashionably" late for dinner at a restaurant with friends, still be the first one there, they won't seat me without the rest of the party (and the reservation is under someone else), and I sit like an idiot for an HOUR before others start to show up!  I don't understand how hard it is to read a clock...
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had stopped majority of my fast food until I got pregnant.  I'm hoping once baby is born everything will go back to normal and I won't be so tempted to eat it.  It does taste good, but its definitely NOT good for you!
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • charley15 said:

I had stopped majority of my fast food until I got pregnant.  I'm hoping once baby is born everything will go back to normal and I won't be so tempted to eat it.  It does taste good, but its definitely NOT good for you!

True. We're going to be fairly strict with a budget after little runt gets here, so my eating out will pretty much only consist of date nights with the hubby. That'll mostly kill the fast food deal. Suuuuuushi :p
  • UO: Now that I have a lot to show and baby is really active, I don't mind people touching my stomach...even without asking first.
  • emjeveemjeve member
    edited December 2015

Oooh yes, on the jewelry note, I don't like Pandora jewelry and have told DH never to buy it for me. 

Ugh yes! Pandora jewelry is atrocious! No adult should wear a charm bracelet. The other one that bothers me is the Open Hearts collection... Your open hearts look like a cobra snake. Cute.

DH did buy me a ring with DD's birthstone for my birthday and I love it! So, I don't mind getting jewelry every once in a while!

Edit for spelling and quote fail!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Bahahaha it's all in the curves.  Unless you're my husband, then it's flat city.  I suppose it's like looking at giant muscles?? 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• skruhmin said:

Bahahaha it's all in the curves.  Unless you're my husband, then it's flat city.  I suppose it's like looking at giant muscles?? 

That's a another thing though. I do not find those really bulky guys attractive at all.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • The mustard thing was definitely me! I cannot stand mustard but when you are desperate... Haha :D

• #TeamMustard

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• @SarahFoley725 Posted at the same time with the same song!
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • kynbar5 said:
    I've honestly never understood it when a woman looks at a guys butt and says anything like "oh he has a cute butt". I've never found a butt attractive. It's a butt. Nothing pleasant comes from there. Why would it be attractive?
    My DH has a super nice booty.  I was actually commenting on just how nice his butt is earlier, and he replied, "It's because I squat" (he works out, but even without it, he has a nice behind and huge quads, just built that way).