May 2016 Moms

Hair, Hair EVERYWHERE!!!

So maybe TMI, but I'm a hairy gal to being with :( so nair and waxing have always been my best friend. Obviously since finding out I'm preggo I don't nair anymore and just wax eyebrows. But Holy dang I was observing my tummy today to see if there was even the slightest baby bump (I'm 16 weeks and can't see anything yet btw).... and oh my my tummy is hairy. Anyone else having this problem, or is it just me who seems to be turning into chewbacca? 

I guess time to shave the belly. Anyone know any other safe ways to remove unwanted hair?

Re: Hair, Hair EVERYWHERE!!!

• I have 4 hairs that have shown up to party on my stomach. I pluck them. I've heard that since they are just from pg to leave them alone (yeah right) bc after pg they will disappear if you don't mess with them. Cheers to hair!
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• My problem is a little worse than a few hairs unfortunately. I have like a major dark happy trail... I'd be plucking all day. Guess I'll just have to get use to it for now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the same exact problem! People ask to see my belly and I'm so hesitant because I'm embarrassed. And I can't shave it because I'd have to shave the whole thing! Ugh
  • I posted this in another thread, but back in 2014 before we got married, I decided to get laser hair removal for my bikini area. They say laser won't last forever and that you'll need refreshers, but less than two years later it's all back in action. Thanks, hormones. On the flip side, my normally thin hair hasn't felt this full since my early 20s. But really, spending that money (and the pain!!) on laser hair removal for only a short while of relief is so disappointing.

• Southern Italian heritage here, so I'm a hairy gal by nature -- pregnancy seems to make my lighter fuzzy body hair darker and courser in areas like the happy trail area. I've heard mixed things about what is better to use. For me, plucking or using a facial/bikini wax type of wax works best.
  • I've noticed a few pop up and it makes me
    Crazy so I shave them. I'm Sure that's not recommended but I was embarrassed to leave them.
  • I've definitely noticed more hair on my stomach, but it's not very dark, fortunately.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Ha, I thought it's just me!!! Right around my navel I have some dark hairs! I always actually had pretty hairy arms for a woman so I always shave. Just one more area to take care of now!
  • I get the occasional (or not so occasionally) chin hair. But in pregnancy I'm plucking everyday! I'll have a beard soon!

cat fail animated GIF

• ugh same here
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• I have one random dark chin hair that keeps popping up. I'm half Armenian so I thought I would get majorly hairy but it hasn't happened yet. I also thought I would get the dark vertical belly line. I noticed that TB was telling me weeks ago that I may start to see this but nothing yet. Anyone else have the line?
  • kbrands7 said:

Southern Italian heritage here, so I'm a hairy gal by nature -- pregnancy seems to make my lighter fuzzy body hair darker and courser in areas like the happy trail area. I've heard mixed things about what is better to use. For me, plucking or using a facial/bikini wax type of wax works best.

Heyyyyyyy hairy southern Italian here too! What region are you from?

@Kurrant I have one pesky hair that keeps showing up too. I keep plucking it but it just comes right back. No line for me either. I never did get the linea nigra with DD, though.
  • kbrands7 said:

Southern Italian heritage here, so I'm a hairy gal by nature -- pregnancy seems to make my lighter fuzzy body hair darker and courser in areas like the happy trail area. I've heard mixed things about what is better to use. For me, plucking or using a facial/bikini wax type of wax works best.

Heyyyyyyy hairy southern Italian here too! What region are you from?

@Kurrant I have one pesky hair that keeps showing up too. I keep plucking it but it just comes right back. No line for me either. I never did get the linea nigra with DD, though.
    Nice! Part Calabrese, part Sicilian...so basically people expect me to be able to cook well and to have a bad temper. What about you?
  • @kbrands7 My family is from Puglia. I do have an awful temper but I will never be able to cook as well as my grandma!
  • I pluck the real dark ones that show up but forget about keeping up with the rest....