Success after IF

Any success with injectables? need reassurance.

Just finished my 2nd round of injectables, ovidrel and IUI. This was our 6th IUI, and I'm feeling so disheartened. Anyone have an success stories for me? I really need it. 
*BFP and Loss Warning*

Married 10/01/11 to my partner in crime
TTC #1 since 01/15 
Me: PCOS 
3 cycles of Clomid + TI - BFN
IUI #1 Femara + Ovidrel - BFP!!!
MC 07/15
IUI #2-4 Femara + Ovidrel +Crinone - BFFN >:(
IUI #5-6 Follistim + Ovidrel + Crinone - BFFN!
  IUI #7 Follistim + Ganirelix + Ovidrel + Prometrium + Baby Aspirin - BFP! PLEASE STICK!!!
1/25 Beta #1: 389, #2: 940! IT'S TWINS! 
TEAM DOUBLE PINK!!!! <3

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Any success with injectables? need reassurance.

• I got pregnant on my 3rd round of injectables. I took Gonal-F, Ganirelix, and triggered with a 1/2 dose of Pregnyl. It can take a few attempts for the doctor to get the dosing correct to ensure optimal egg quality and number. Though it's difficult at times, don't give up hope! I really started to believe I must have had an issue only IVF could bypass since I really couldn't understand how after 2 rounds with injects it didn't work. I felt like I was just getting the third round out of the way as a formality. But, 3rd time was a charm for me!

Best of luck to you!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • The thing is, I'm going to be doing my 3rd IUI on injectables (7th IUI total) And they haven't done anything different each time really except for the last cycle I did Ganirelix for the last 2 days before my trigger. They upped my dose once and that's it. I just feel like when I look at other womens siggys I see that the doctor tried new things, and I feel like mine hasn't at all! Am I just being crazy? I've only used follistim 75iu then trigger and then crinone after IUI. I just feel like they aren't really trying. 
    *BFP and Loss Warning*

TTC #1 since 01/15 
    MC 07/15
      IUI #7 Follistim + Ganirelix + Ovidrel + Prometrium + Baby Aspirin - BFP! PLEASE STICK!!!
    TEAM DOUBLE PINK!!!! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @RipleyLV426 I understand why that would make you wonder. It's possible your doctor found a good dose early on so you don't mature too quickly and too many. How many mature follicles have you had on your other 2 rounds and how quickly have they matured? Would you feel comfortable being more aggressive and talk to your RE about it? Maybe voice tour concerns to your doctor that nothing has changed and see what his response is.

My first round, I responded extremely well and quickly. I can't remember my initial dose but I want to say it was 175iu. I only stimmed for 6 days and had way too many mature eggs (up to 11 possibles) for my comfort but gave it a shot anyway. I was absolutely convinced it had to work and I would be pregnant with multiples! Nothing but a BFN. I also always spotted before AF and spotted super early for me that round (10dpo). I wound up with 5 large cysts and took BC for 2 weeks. At my 2 week followup, I had 1 follicle that was slightly over 10. I wish I had questioned my RE'S decision to have me start injections the next day because I only wound up with 1 mature egg (probably my earlier 10.5) that sprung up very early. I only stimmed for 4 days then took Ganirelix 2 days alone before triggering. My starting dose for that one was 75iu. For my 3rd round, he put my dose in between at I want to say 112.5 but it may have been 125 (I can't remember of the pen even allows 112.5). I stimmed for 7 or 8 days, my growth was more moderate, and I had 3 definite mature with a 4th that could have been ready with the trigger. Only 1 stuck around.

Also, I'm not sure if you do, but if you have PCOS, I think they like to be more conservative since you have the definite possibility to overstimulate.

Good luck to you!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • @riveridgional I had a 16.8mm and 17.2mm the first injectables/IUI round. And the second I had a 20.2mm, 15.3mm, and a 14.5mm and 13.7mm. This was the round I was most upset about, because they wouldn't let me stim longer to get more mature eggs. I feel that the 15 and 14mm weren't mature enough to do anything. I set up an appointment on the 20th to have a talk with her about either being more aggressive with the IUIs or looking into IVF and looking a getting a lap to check for endo. I do have PCOS, so I understand going slow, but I feel like they aren't doing anything but the same thing over and over again. It's maddening! 
    *BFP and Loss Warning*

TTC #1 since 01/15 
    MC 07/15
    TEAM DOUBLE PINK!!!! <3

Pregnancy Ticker