Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday

13»

Re: WTO Tuesday

• @LittleMissTimeLord -- I test until I get a negative OPK because I'm curious about the length of my surge. I tested last night and there was hardly a second line and then I've had two strong positives today starting with FMU. I think it's fine to stop after the first + but I'm just curious.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: temping, CM, vitamins, sex some day

R/R/CS: I am on day seven of AF. SEVEN! And it's getting heavier, not lighter! Wtf, body? Could we get it together? I'm due to O in like a week. Enough already.

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?
    Emphasize praise of effort rather than ability. There's been some interesting research lately about the impact of praising being smart vs praising hard work and it all rings painfully true to me. If you are "smart," and you fail, you're screwed because you can't get smarter. If you are a "hard worker" and fail, it's fine, you just work harder next time. So I try to remember not to do too much "oh you're so smart/clever" etc with DS but "oh good job! You worked really hard on that!" Instead.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ferdiefox, @dieforelle, and @novasaysno I am so very sorry for the traumatic experiences that each of you have had to endure, and that the people who were supposed to be in place to help you were sources of pain as well.  Hoping that each of you are able to continue to heal and find as much peace as possible as you move forward in life.

As an aside, thank you @dieforelle and @novasaysno for each of your service.

Month/Cycle:  4/5

CD:  4

WAYDTGKU:  PNV and waiting for AF to leave

R/R/CS:  We have a Disney trip coming up in February, and I'm trying to decide if I want to NTNP or even TTA this cycle.  I'm really reluctant to not do "everything" I can to better my chances of GKU, but at the same time, I really want to be able to enjoy my kids' first trip to Disney without having to worry about whether the ride is restricted for pregnant women or not.

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?  Like several of the other ladies here, I'm hoping to foster more open communication with my kids as they grow older than we had in our home growing up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • *****Question/CS*****

Month/Cycle:
    2/2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Waiting for AF to leave.  

R/R/CS: Question!  I can't figure out whether to count AF's arrival as the 12th or the 13th.  I had absolutely no physical PMS symptoms, although I was EXTREMELY testy for a couple of days.  Then, to my surprise, I had a big spot of bright red blood around 3pm on the 12th.  It went away for a couple of hours, and then around 8pm I noticed a fair amount more.  The next morning, everything looked pretty violent.  

I would normally say that AF had arrived later in the day on the 12th, but my temp actually went up on the 12th and didn't drop unit the 13th.  I actually only just went below last month's CL today.  

If anyone could CS for me, I would really appreciate it.  The link to my chart is in my signature.  I really want to make sure my chart is right this month!  FWIW, I also disagree with FF about my CH from last month - I think I either ovulated on CD24 or had an anovulatory cycle.  

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you? My parents thought it would be good for me to take out loans for my college and graduate education in order to create a sense of ownership over it... or something.  In reality, it put me in a lot of debt that completely financially crippled me through my 20s.  My parents are not extremely wealthy people, but they do pretty well for themselves, and there was no reason why I should have ever had to struggle.  So my husband and I are really working hard to ensure that our future kid(s) can pay for college without ever having to take out loans.  We live in a state that has some really excellent colleges for really reasonable fees, and we will certainly expect our kids to bust their behinds to get into a great school, but once they do that, we'll pay for it.
  • @LittleMissTimeLord I think you and I are both in OPK land. And I tested 2x yesterday with Wondfo opks and got what I believe are positives. And this afternoon's is lighter. And I'm in the same boat. To test more or not? I'm thinking of taking them until I get CHs.Edit to add does anyone else get O cramps?

Yes, I get cramps, spotting and nausea :/ So strange! I also have frequent cysts (not pcos though) so that attributes to the cramping/aching. Sorry you're in the same boat :(
  • @LINDSEYRVA I agree on no O or CD24! From initial glance it looks like no O though :/ Sorry! But FF is pretty good most of the time so maybe we're just plain wrong? lol
  • Month/Cycle: 3/2 

CD: 25

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Preseed, HIO, Temping, praying I O'ed...

R/R/CS: I'm really hoping I O'ed yesterday. I am so tired of having sex. But that would make me testing ON Christmas. Gulp. 

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you? My mom and dad didn't take the time to acknowledge my feelings much. Hopefully I'll be able to be more empathetic and understanding with my kiddo/s.
  • @mom2adoodle thanks for the CS!  I'm not too worried if I was annovulatory - it's pretty common for the first month off Seasonique. I think I actually may even have had a cyst.  I had some really intense, prolonged (4 days) pain right in the area of my left ovary.  Just hoping for a better cycle this go-round.  Do you have any thoughts on when I should count my AF start date?
  • @lindseyRVA I've read that a full, red flow counts as CD1. Would you say 8pm on the 12th was pretty signiciant? Like would someone say, yeah, that's AF? 
  • @LINDSEYRVA - for your question, I would count the earlier day since it sounds like more than just spotting.  For your CS, I'm kind of leaning toward CD24 or no O... but leaning toward no O.  Did anything happen on CD24 or 28 that was unusual that you can remember?  If not, then I'd guess no.  FX for a better cycle this month!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• @LINDSEYRVA REs say to count CD1 as the following day if you get AF later in the day. Some say after 1pm, others say after 5pm.

Month/Cycle: 9/6

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Femara 1, charting

R/R/CS: I'm so happy tomorrow is my last day at work. Give me all the time off to focus on me.

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?
    Give my kid(s) health insurance. I didn't have any for about 10 years.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • @MrsDho11 I had some really sharp, localized pain in my left ovary on CD24.  It lasted a little over 2 days, though, so I wonder if it may have actually been a cyst.

@hunnybunny17 that's great information!  Thank you!

Thanks to both of you and @mom2adoodle for the CS!  I'm not that worried if I didn't ovulate this cycle - it was my first cycle off Seasonique, and I'm told it's pretty common not to ovulate the first time out, especially after so many years on the pill (12 years on Seasonique, 5 years on other pills before that).  So if I go another couple of cycles and can't confirm ovulation, I'll start to worry.  For now, I'm okay.

Husband admitted today that he's a little sad we didn't hit a home run on our first cycle, though.  Sweet, sweet man.
  • @MrsD15 girl I feel you I'm on the same CD as you I'm usually about 33/34 days. -__- hopefully that gives us a nice healthy luteal phase!
  • @MrsD15 girl I feel you I'm on the same CD as you I'm usually about 33/34 days. -__- hopefully that gives us a nice healthy luteal phase!

**I know how you roll, boxes**

Oh me too with cycle length! We're cycle twins (always wanted one)! My first obvious LP was 11 days (after some post-BC weird charts), so I feel good about that! Fx you have a good LP too!
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Basic stuff.  Temping, OPKs. 

R/R/CS:  I usually don't ovulate until around CD 18, so the EOD sex has begun!  Started peeing on things a little too early and I keep being disappointed when the OPKs are negative. (Never used them before)

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?  Giving my kid the opportunity to defend herself, and giving her the benefit of the doubt. I used to get in trouble for every little thing and my mother, the Queen of the Lecture, would go on for what felt like hours without letting me get a word in edgewise.  When I tried, it made no difference, so I quit saying anything.  That really pissed her off.  "Don't you have anything to say for yourself?" "Nope."  I decided in my teens that I was going to get in trouble no matter what I did, so I might as well do what I wanted and deserve it.  I'm 31 and we still have a strained relationship.

1999: Met The Boy
    2005: Started dating
    2009: Got married
    2012: Welcomed our baby girl
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: BD, CM

R/R/CS: Getting awkward in the bedroom with the hubby trying to get in the mood with all this fun pressure. My younger sister is KU, on accident, and my mom texts me everyday to help plan her baby shower. I'm happy for her, but...

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you? 
    I'm going to do a lot differently, but mainly, I'm not going to shame and scream at my children. Or lecture them for hours about how they're never going to make it. You know, try not to mess them up. 

I know, today I'm just like...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Month/Cycle: 1

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: just started temping and trying opks

R/R/CS: what ?? Sorry new to this. Ha.

GTKY: What's one thing you plan to (or already) do differently as a parent than your parents did with you?
    Good question. ALOT. My parents tried.. to a point.. to be good parents. But let's just say there numerous things that I'm going going to do differently.