July 2015 Moms

Who else still hasn't had their period?

Just curious if others still haven't had their period since giving birth? I'm 5 months pp and I only breastfed for two months (low supply...stopped at two months). So since stopping its been three months and I still haven't started my period. I'm starting to get a little worried because we still want another kid. I did leave a message with my Dr but no response yet. Just wanted to see if I'm not alone.

Re: Who else still hasn't had their period?

• I'll be 5 months pp on the 23rd and no period yet. I EBF and am taking the mini pill.
  • I am 6 months PP and I just got mine. Everyone is different :) and i BF for 3 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter was 5 months on the 5th and I had my first post partum period start on the 4th, the day before she turned 5 months. I have EBF the whole time. It's different for everyone. I'm sure your ok!
  • I agree with pp that everyone is different. I am still ebf and I got mine at 6 weeks pp.
  • Ebf and havent had one yet my baby is 22weeks old, (5 months old)
  • I agree with pp that everyone is different. I am still ebf and I got mine at 6 weeks pp.

I was the same as this poster. I'm EBF and got mine at 8 weeks. I've read that it can take up to year for some to regain their cycle.
  • I haven't and DS is over 5 months now. I just had my annual check up with my obgyn and they didn't seem concerned at all since I'm EBFing
  • edited December 2015
    It can take a year or longer for your cycles to return to normal.

Edited since it cut off the rest of my reply: I BF and supplement and mine came back at 21 weeks. SIL EBF and hers came back at 6 weeks. It's different for everyone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nothing yet. 23 weeks and EBF every 2-3 hours so I'm not expecting it for awhile.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• 23 weeks, EBF, was on mini-pill but recently stopped taking it. No signs of a period returning yet...
  • Still not had one, almost 21 weeks pp and bfing. Forgot what it's like!
  • I am feeding my babe mostly breast milk, she is 5 months and I still have not gotten mine. I was wondering the same thing, if a lot of people are like that. 
  • 22 weeks postpartum and EP, still no period. And I'm not in a hurry for it to return.
  • I only BF for about 3 days and my baby will be 5 months tomorrow.  I got a very light period in October that lasted about 5 days and haven't had anything since.  I have been worried.  
  • I EBF and my LO is 5 months and still no period.
  • I EBF, LO is 5 months old and I haven't gotten mine yet. My mom said she didn't have hers for almost 10 years from having kids and EBF all 4 of us. I'm hoping its genetic--10 years without a period sounds awesome
  • 6.5 months pp and ebf.... No sign of a period here!
    Only one Love 
    Born in June, three weeks early 

• My baby will be 5 months on Thursday. I ebf and have Skyla for bc so my midwife wasn't sure what to expect as far as a period was concerned. I had some heavy spotting for a couple of weeks after skyla was put in (8 weeks PP) but since then, nothing.
  • My little one is 5 1/2 months old, I just quit BFing a month or so ago and just got my first period this week. I've read that it can take up to a year.
  • I ebf my 5 month old and on mini pill so nothing yet but with my first son I nursed for 14 months and then it took about 3 to get it. Only got it once before getting pregnant again :)
  • I EBF until 3 months and then bottle fed due to low supply and I got my period back shortly after that so around 3 1/2 months pp.
  • I'm 6mo PP, mostly EBF, and no period yet. I wonder if it makes a difference that I had my tubes tied, but in the 3.5 years between DS1's birth and getting pregnant with DS2, my cycle never fully got back to regular and it was months after I stopped trying to breast feed (I pumped what I could for almost 4 months...) DS1 before I got a period.
  • 5 months PP and no period. I'm still breastfeeding.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This post makes me sad. We have been EBF since my milk came in, I stopped postpartum bleeding about 4/5 weeks then I was bleeding around 7 weeks, so I assumed it was some lingering bleeding and not my period as I had also started the mini pill at 6 weeks. But sure enough, 28 days later I was bleeding again!

LO is 6 months now and I am still taking the mini pill at the same time everyday as instructed and I still have a monthly period, 28 days like clockwork!! Guess that means my body is ready to have another baby? LOL!
  • dunn1678 said:

This post makes me sad. We have been EBF since my milk came in, I stopped postpartum bleeding about 4/5 weeks then I was bleeding around 7 weeks, so I assumed it was some lingering bleeding and not my period as I had also started the mini pill at 6 weeks. But sure enough, 28 days later I was bleeding again!

LO is 6 months now and I am still taking the mini pill at the same time everyday as instructed and I still have a monthly period, 28 days like clockwork!! Guess that means my body is ready to have another baby? LOL!

I think you get a period when on the mini pill but it's not from ovulation, it's a withdrawal period.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Still BF and no period, but last week I have been extra juicy down there! I hope it's not back yet, I'm enjoying this!
  • Well, there goes that! I got it today. Boooo