2nd Trimester

Seeing spots after workout?

So this just happened to me and completely freaked me out.
Did a quick 10 minute prenatal workout, and as soon as I was done, started seeing black spots, almost like bugs, floating around. Lasted about a minute. I normally work out, so this workout wasn't too intense or anything out of the ordinary for me.
Of course I ran straight to Dr Google, and pre-eclamp popped right up. At my check up this week, my doctor had some concerns about pre-eclamp and I have to do a urine test for proteins.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and why it happened with you?
I am 18w today, which is why my doctor is concerned (its early for pre-eclamp apparently), and I don't want to sit here worrying. Just think I will put the video away until I have had a chance to talk to my doctor about it!

cat fail animated GIF

Re: Seeing spots after workout?

• I have gotten those weird black-dot eye floater things several times in the past (before I was pregnant) after just standing up too fast and I sometimes get them when I'm in the shower so It COULD be nothing. But if it's a pre-eclampsia sign I would definitely take it as easy as possible until you have your follow-up urinalysis. FX for u
  • edited December 2015

As the previous poster said, I'd get the lack dots before pregnancy when I got up too fast or stood up from a bent down position too quickly, may very well be nothing! Fx for you that it's not anything to worry about. :)

Edited because spelling.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. This is why I need to stay away from google

cat fail animated GIF

• This would happen to me pre pregnancy and it usually meant I was dehydrated. Keep drinking water and FX it is nothing serious!
  • This would happen to me as well before pregnancy from either standing up too fast or working out too much. I usually just made sure to drink lots of water and I was fine. May just be a sign that you worked too hard for 2nd tri or something? Try not to research google, I do it too but it always says the worst thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used to get this after a intense workout and it was almost always because I was dehydrated.
  • This would happen to me as well before pregnancy from either standing up too fast or working out too much. I usually just made sure to drink lots of water and I was fine. May just be a sign that you worked too hard for 2nd tri or something? Try not to research google, I do it too but it always says the worst thing.
    Dr Google is the WORST!! I dont know why I ever listen to him. Bastard ;)

cat fail animated GIF

• Stay away from Dr. Google! I've had this happen many times when pregnant and not. Usually from getting up quickly. My blood pressure is already being watched closely by my doctor and am a bit worried about pre-eclamp too. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Light-headedness is also a common 2nd tri symptom.  Mine hit yesterday. Not cool.  I stood up from the floor and nearly blacked out - I didn't even exercise.  I was hydrated too, so I'm looking for some other remedies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!