March 2016 Moms

Failed 1-hour glucose

I just got a message from my doc saying the cutoff for passing the 1-hour glucose test is 135 and I failed with a 144. I now have to go in for the 3-hour, which I am dreading. I am so upset by this, as I do everything right. Lots of greens, protein, exercise, etc. Has anyone had this number before and passed the 3 hour? I am also 34 yrs old and my grandfather had diabetes. Does this make it more likely that I will indeed have GD no matter what I do?
image"">

Re: Failed 1-hour glucose

• There's a post about this already. But to answer your question there's been quite a few of us who have failed our 1 hour test, including myself but went on to pass the 3 hour one. Don't stress out too much. 144 isn't bad mine was 140.
  • Oops - you are right. I will repost in there. Sorry about that but thank you for the reassurance. I appreciate it!
    image"">
  • Loading the player...
  • I just found out that I didn't pass my 1 hour test. My level was 149. I am going back next week to do the 3 hour test. 
  • With DS my number on the one hour test was either in the 150s or 160s, and I passed the three hour with flying colors.