December 2015 Moms
Options

Fast and furious delivery

At 37 weeks before thanksgiving my doctor checked me to see if my cervix was favorable for induction. He said I was 3cm 60% effaced. The next week I went back and he said I was 4cm and 75% effaced and that he did a small membrane sweep and scheduled to break my water on Monday 12.7 on Monday I didn't agree with breaking my water so I called and cancelled and made an appointment for Tuesday. Went to my appointment the next day on the 8th and asked him to do a good membrane sweep. When he tried to do the sweep he said my cervix was too posterior and he couldn't get in and that what he had been feeling wasn't right and that I was only2cm and 50% effaced and he "wasn't happy" with the sweep. From this hugely painful event I was bleeding and he gave me a pad and said it would eventually turn brown and start to go away. I had been cramping since this but everything down there hurt after this. I was so mad at him that I didn't care if I delivered soon (he went on vacation Thursday 12.10) so that he would make it to the birth.

Wednesday 12.9 I was still bleeding all day and when I put my 19 month old to bed she said "baby comin" I said when! Today? Tomorrow? She said "day! Day!" And we all went to bed. At 1045pm I awoke to a full blown labor contraction and felt a pop and a gush of water (luckily was still wearing a pad from bleeding) and we headed to the hospital. On the way we got pulled over because my husband was speeding since my contractions immediately were 2 minutes apart. (He let us go!)

Got to the hospital and they wanted a resident to check me. She wouldn't check me and swabbed me with something and said my water didn't break. She tried checking me and really hurt me and said she couldn't tell. I had a contraction and she decided to try to check then and hurt me so bad I started screaming at her to stop and the nurses made her stop to which she said umm I think 7? And asked the nurse to double check. I think the nurse kicked her out and got my dr because my doctor came in immediately and checked me and I was at 8cm and had no bag of waters and the whole room seemed pissed lol

My doctor tried getting the anesthesiologist but I had to wait and he didn't think I'd make it so he gave me a local anesthetic I felt a lot of pressure but was too afraid to push without an epidural so I waited and waited and they said if I couldn't sit on my bottom for the epi I couldnt get it and I'm pretty sure she was crowning. My husband held me up and I got the epi and laid back and started pushing. It burned so bad 3 pushes/3min and my husband delivered our third baby girl with assistance from the doctor!!! 12:24am!

After she was born my cervix began closing around the placenta. My doctor tried pushing my stomach and a bunch of other things to get it out and I ended up having an "assisted placenta delivery" that I have no idea what it means but it hurt so bad and this was officially the most painful birth I've had yet.

But DD was born healthy and is such a great baby. We are so in love and I'm finally home and starting to heal ❤️

Re: Fast and furious delivery