July 2016 Moms

Why does EVERYTHING smell like shit? Literally

So any other mommas/mums smell shit all the time? I know it's gross. I had a gastric bug a few months ago and had bad diarrhea which smelt bad, and now I keep smelling that particular smell. Sometimes I'll open the fridge; it smells like shit, I wash my hands with soap; they smell like shit, my husband cooks food; it smells like shit. I'm finding it nauseating. Especially the hands and fridge part.

Anyone else smelling anything weird? (I pretty much have zero other symptoms).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Why does EVERYTHING smell like shit? Literally

• Check the mirror, maybe someone pulled a Dirty Sanchez on you?

Or maybe you are like Stan from the Southpark episode where his parents are getting divorced and everything turns into literal shit?
  • Nerdchild said:

Check the mirror, maybe someone pulled a Dirty Sanchez on you?

Or maybe you are like Stan from the Southpark episode where his parents are getting divorced and everything turns into literal shit?

Bahahha! But really OP, I feel your pain. I don't smell shit but everything smells BAD! Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • that's really shitty...

• I'm in Nebraska and there are a lot of feed lots here, as well as a Tyson factory. It's rare to smell it in the town I live in but all I can smell for four days now is cow crap.
  • I really dislike my heightened sense of smell. It's so fucking unpleasant. I smelled from 2 floors up that my dog took a shit in the basement. I woke up in the middle of the night because I smelled a candle my husband lit in the basement. I'm finding showering very unpleasant because of the stron smells. You're right- everything smells bad! We usually get a real Xmas tree each year but I don't think we will this year because I probably won't like the smell. Sad face.
  • I work in a hospital and we have these lovely older ladies who volunteer every day to come in as customer service for free and I hate them so much. I hate them and their old lady perfume that lingers everywhere. I hate the early morning rush when the new shift comes in and they all just bathed in their perfumes before walking through the door. Yes, you smell pretty. Now please stay 4958363 feet away from me.
  • I feel like I constantly smell puke even after I shower like 10 times!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I can smell everything. Literally all things in the world. I smell them all at once. I feel like I can smell people's breath as soon as they walk in a room. Yucky.
  • I smelled a nice woman's garlicy breath or sweat yesterday and I almost wretched while she politely talked to me. My whole house smells horrible. I feel like the Lady Macbeth of smells.
  • Now that I have too pee all the time utilizing public restrooms often I smell shit every where all the time. I know its human nature but man it grosses me out since my heightened sense if smell. I have to hold my mouth shut from saying DAM it stinks in here like a kid instead I just hold my breath and cover my nose moving as quickly as possible!
  • I'm right there with you ladies.... Shit smell everywhere..I swear I can walk into my house and still tell if someone took a shit 3 hours ago. Nothing smells "good". It either smells like crap, vomit or onions...bad breath kills me.
  • I just ran out of a cookie store bc I couldnt take the smell. The smell of COOKIES!
  • I always knew my dogs smelled like dogs. But holy cow does the big ones mouth smell like ass hole.
  • mckcak23 said:

I always knew my dogs smelled like dogs. But holy cow does the big ones mouth smell like ass hole.

THIS. My dogs get bathed once a week and I brush their teeth nightly (they are indoor dogs and sleep in bed with us), but just the dog smell gets me every time.
  • I can definitely relate! I'm finding myself with huge trouble dealing with the smells at the nursing facility I work in.... cannot even be on the same hall when a patient is in need of a diaper change/cleanup without gagging.
    Also, DH and I live in an apartment and I'm SO SICK of smelling the stinky things my neighbors are cooking! I was never able to smell things from other apartments before, but now Im hyper aware of all their cooking smells...I'm sure whatever they're cooking is fine but by the time the smells all mingle and get to my nose, it just smells like hot garbage. Bleh.
  • BabyM729BabyM729 member
    edited December 2015
    I hear ya! I knew I was pregnant even before I took a test because I went into Dunkin Donuts and the bathroom door was open, and all I could smell was that disgusting bathroom scent
  • Thank god I'm not the only one that smells shit. :smiley: Just went to the grocery store with my husband and all the fresh produce smelt like a giant turd. Blurgh!

• Oh my gosh, it's real. Phantom smells. Most common phantom smell is rotting food and shit!!

https://www.babble.com/pregnancy/smell-pregnancy-nausea/

• My hands smell like garlic and onions. I've washed them like an OCD person and tried lotions and scented hand sanatizer but no matter what I do garlic and onions so now I just keep them away from my face. All the other smells too. I awkwardly told a woman sitting five feet from me at a restaurant last night that her Cabernet smelled delicious. I didn't tell her I thought it was funny she liked to use Johnson's baby lotion. She really smelled lovely. But some people- holy hell they need to shower. And wipe with baby wipes after taking a dump. I swear some people get shit smell stuck to them and they just need to clean and bathe better. Has anyone smelled a baby though? I'm pretty sure baby smell is the reason we got these super powers. Baby skin smells so good!
  • I've cleaned out my fridge of anything remotely weird looking or smelling (even though everything was in date and fine), to try get rid of the rotting food smell. It's imaginary.