March 2016 Moms

27 weeks and baby's head down!

Not only is she head down but she's measuring at 29 weeks. I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow. Anyone else in this position? Do you think I'll go early? First baby so I'm not sure!

Re: 27 weeks and baby's head down!

• What @oceanchild said. Also, the measurements are notoriously off a pound or two in either direction. You're still pretty early to worry about size or position having you go early.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Loading the player...
  • ClaireBear90ClaireBear90 member
    edited December 2015
    My uterus is currently measuring a week ahead. It usually does at least once during a pregnancy, but changes week to week. I've always measured either right on track or ahead though. Unfortunately for us, big babies/uteruses don't tell you anything about when your baby will be born. My babies were born at 39 wks 5 days and 41 wks. Generally your first baby is not your largest baby however, so you do have that in your favor! And as others have said, ultrasounds are usually off by a few pounds, which is a huge margin of error when we're talking about babies.

ETA: my babies have also been head down. It hasn't helped me go into labor any faster. ;)
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • With my first, she was measured 2 weeks ahead of schedule at the anatomy scan. At my 36 weeks scan, she was measured at 41 week size which scared me.  She came out 10 days before actual due date and was measured at 50 percentile on everything.  All I'm trying to say is that the ultrasounds can be off by quite a bit.

Also baby moves around a lot right now and they still have plenty of room to flip back and front. Babies do all kinds of karate moves in there so I don't think you have anything to worry about. 
  • ? for STM, aside from a 3rd tri sono do your doctors attempt to feel the position of the baby? Low placenta caused baby breech at each sono so far, 26w now and I don't have one planned again until 36 weeks. Placenta has moved.  I thought by now I would be able to "feel" her direction, but the movement is still super low, and then up above belly button too.  I'm well aware she may be flipping around for now.. I guess my question is, might she flip and stay put and my dr notice between now and 36 weeks, or am I just waiting until then?  I know it could change after that, but less likely.   dd1 was head down at 22 weeks and I never gave it any more thought. 
  • I wouldn't worry about it. This baby has been in two totally different positions the last two ultrasounds I have had. Like PP's said there is still a lot of room for them to move around. I also agree with those that said the growth ultrasounds can be off be quite a bit. I had one at 36 weeks with my first baby and they told me he was right at four lbs. It terrified me because I thought I was going to have to deliver him that day (due to high BP) but I ended up being able to wait and he was 6lbs 8 oz at 38 weeks 2 days. No way he grew that much in just two weeks. Honestly there is no telling when you will deliver but I don't think you have any reason to worry that you will deliver early. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I asked at my last appointment about positioning and how long they'd still flip around for, and she said that baby will be all over the place for a while still. My little girl does some serious rolling around. I get a lot of pressure a couple times a day with her repositioning...she actually just started a small one as I typed that...but yeah, I wouldn't worry too much at this point.