New York Babies

Staten Island Midwives??? or at least a pro-natural OB ?

Hello ladies,
 I live on SI and have been searching like crazy for a midwife that does hospital births here. I just can't seem to find one. I originally was going to travel to Brooklyn and use a practice that had midwives delivering out of Maimonides Hospital since its not too far. But I did a tour of Maimondies the other night and I really really did not feel comfortable there. I would prefer not to travel anyway. Does anyone know of a midwifery practice on the island? I def want to deliver in a hospital (I would love a home birth but I'm way too paranoid). If not, can anyone recommend an OB that is very on board with a natural delivery and not so fast to induce labor, give episiotomies, c-sections, etc. The ones I have met with all seem to have the same view on that kind of stuff, and I'm just not feeling it. Help!!

Re: Staten Island Midwives??? or at least a pro-natural OB ?

• Try dr Giovinazzo in Staten Island. 
  • I used to see Dr. Campanella on Richmond Avenue by Rockland Avenue. He's a fairly young doctor with a very easy-going attitude and was always very willing to listen to any concerns I had. He delivers out of RUMC.

I didn't end up getting to deliver with him because I had to move midway through my pregnancy, but he was always on board with everything that I told him I wanted for my delivery.