Pregnant after a Loss

Ultrasound...is this normal?

I had a M/C back in July at 7 weeks. Recently found out I'm pregnant again and of course I'm worried about everything already. Last Wed 12/2, I went in for super mild cramps and elevated blood pressure. They did an U/S and I measured 6w3d and baby had a heartbeat of 120. Today I went in again and U/S measured 6w6d with baby heart rate of 143. Given measurements from last week I should be 7w1d. Dr didn't seem concerned but I am of course worried now. Is that normal or am I stressing myself out for nothing?!

Re: Ultrasound...is this normal?

• That's totally normal. Ultrasounds aren't 100% accurate and my baby measured on time, then ahead, then her head stayed ahead but her body measured behind. No clue!
  • I have a love/hate relationship with early ultrasounds. Twice now Ive gone in for one around 6 weeks and was told there was no baby, prepare for miscarriage. Then a week later after no bleeding, both scans showed a healthy baby measuring right on track. And with one of my actual miscarriages I was scanned and told there was nothing left but maybe a tiny bit of blood I needed to pass. Then a couple of weeks later I passed the actual sac. Not sure how that didn't show up on the scan. So take it with a grain of salt. Major changes can happen in a matter of days!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, scans have a margin of error of +/- 4 or 5 days. Sound like baby is progressing nicely and has a nice strong heart rate!
  • Thank you all so much for the replies!:)
  • If it's off a few days it's ok. Plus it isn't 100% , it depends on the angle that they get the measurement at. I wouldn't worry :)