Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC

Megzb510Megzb510 member
edited December 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
It's Friday and it's confession time!

(Attempting mobile gif...hoping it works!)

Me: 33 DH: 31
DS: 5 years old
TTC #2 since August 2015
July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC

• My confession is that it took way too many edits to do a mobile gif haha
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
  • Loading the player...
  • anj27anj27 member
    edited December 2015
    I bought a soccer jersey for my husband for Christmas. Then I bought a soccer onesie. But it was on sale for Black Friday! 

ETA: I just checked my email to find that their inventory was messed up and the item I ordered was actually out of stock and discontinued, which is a huge bummer because it would have been so perfect. But I am secretly relieved it was the jersey and not the onesie! :P
  • **TW: CP mentioned**

I lurked over on the 1st Tri board for the first time since my CP. I deleted all the pics in my phone of my BFP and for some reason, I felt like I needed to look at them so I went back to the "What does a positive pregnancy test look like?" thread to see the ones I posted. Then I got sucked in and looked at like 8 pages of other BFPs and made myself really sad. It did not help with the whole trying to stay on the bench thing. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I'm secretly really excited I got my third love its badge...gotta celebrate the small things in life right?! Haha

Hugs @MRSCORKER
    Me: 29 years old, DH: 31 years old
    TTC #1 since July 2015
    SA Feb 2016 & May 2016: Excellent count and motility, 3% morphology
    Surgery Dec 2016: submucosal fibroid removed
    Awaiting RE appointment

• MRSCORKER said:

**TW: CP mentioned**

I lurked over on the 1st Tri board for the first time since my CP. I deleted all the pics in my phone of my BFP and for some reason, I felt like I needed to look at them so I went back to the "What does a positive pregnancy test look like?" thread to see the ones I posted. Then I got sucked in and looked at like 8 pages of other BFPs and made myself really sad. It did not help with the whole trying to stay on the bench thing. 
    I'm a pee stick addict and I like looking at countdown to pregnancy for funsies sometimes. You get some real crazies on there. I'm sorry for your loss. I've had a CP before and it's a total mindblow.
  • jhems776jhems776 member
    edited December 2015
    With all the talk of how REs/OBs do not like temping I am tempted to not temp again.  I'm pretty sure people like me are the reason they poo-poo it as I'm really bad at temping (I wake up throughout the night, do not use a timer because it makes my heart race when it goes off during deep sleep, and two drinks will make the temp spike). This kind of justifies not going back to temping in my head.  My cycle is on the shorter side (25 days), when I did temp O was always confirms, very regular, and I always can get a positive OPK.   I think I'm just going to EOD from CD 10- 18 and that should cover it.    I loved seeing my chart for a few cycles but eh I think I've gotten the info I needed.  I'm just going to stick to CM and OPKs and if my cycle length changes I'll reevaluate then.

Edit to add: I did temp for 4 cycles (on 6 now) and except the first cycle I did get cross hairs.  I thought they were off by a day but could clearly see I did O just maybe not the exact day.  I'm glad I did temp for a few cycles, but for reasons stated above I'm going to not for a while.   
  • @MRSCORKER *HUGS*

My confession is that I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping yet, let alone actually purchased anything. I have no idea what to get anyone, and at this rate, it's going to be gift cards for everyone (to my mother's horror). 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

• @jhems776  I feel the same way. I don't think I'm going to temp anymore, even though I've only done it for this cycle. I never really "trusted" my temps or FF's analysis anyway since my sleep quality varies so much. And I really hate the process of it. I hated trying to have a regular wake time. I hated sticking the thermometer under my tongue in the AM. I hate not being able to pop out of bed at the first alarm. I think for now it's just not for me.

I still think temping can be beneficial for those who love it, it's just appearing to be more of an annoyance than a useful tool for me. I might be singing a different tune if I'm still here in a couple of months. I hope I can still participate even if I'm not temping/charting!

Also hugs to @MRSCORKER!

My confession is that I'm ridiculously excited to get mail out Christmas/holiday cards this year. It's our first one as a married couple and our first solo Christmas card so I'm really geekily excited about it. And I also DGAF that MIL is upset that we're doing our own card instead of just being featured on theirs.
  • I'm with you @Lecool. I was thinking today that I should probably get on that
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @Lecool I am right there with you.  I really enjoy getting gifts for people, but what do you do when everyone has everything already?  On top of that, if I shop too early, I keep buying.  It's great for the recipients, but terrible for my wallet.  I don't wait until the actual last minute, but I do have to put it off for a while.

@jhems776 and @PoodleDoodleOoo I wake up all throughout the night at random times.  I've tried everything to be able to sleep through the night, but none of it has worked.  I usually wake up fairly rested, so I've just sorta accepted that this is the norm for me.  It's been like this for as long as I can remember.  Kudos to those that are able to temp successfully.  It's just not something that I'm interested at the moment.  I think that if we haven't had any success in a few months, I'll give it a try.  But for right now, I just don't think it's for me.

@MRSCORKER Sending many hugs and good vibes your way.

My confession is that I really enjoy lots of tacky things at Christmas.  I love the awful sweaters, cheesy cards, obnoxious lights, etc.  Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday, but I enjoy Christmas because it seems like more people around me participate in the cheesefest.  I'm normally a fairly dry personality, but Christmas brings out the uber dork in me.
  • I've POAS the past three days and not only did I JUST get Mirena out last Monday, but I haven't even confirmed O on FF. I've had a few +OPK's but that's mostly it. I promised myself I wouldn't be crazy about this, and here I am, being BSC. Don't worry, I already berated myself for being such a super speshul snowflayke and I won't do it again.

Hanging my head in shame
    Me: 32
    DH: 30
    DS: Born 10/21/2011
    Mirena Removal: 11/23/2015 
  • picklespleasepicklesplease member
    edited December 2015
    @MRSCORKER - sending lots of positive vibes your way.
  • Ally0221 said:

I've POAS the past three days and not only did I JUST get Mirena out last Monday, but I haven't even confirmed O on FF. I've had a few +OPK's but that's mostly it. I promised myself I wouldn't be crazy about this, and here I am, being BSC. Don't worry, I already berated myself for being such a super speshul snowflayke and I won't do it again.

Hanging my head in shame

Sometimes ya just gotta get it out of your system!
  • @Ally0221  I think my first month was the most illogical crazy, I blame it on the change of hormones. Not saying crazy goes away completely but it lessens lol. 
  • I just read something a colleague of mine sent to me (we are teachers) and it was so full of spelling and grammar errors. I wanted to respond simply by correcting all of her errors and telling her she should not be a teacher. I was able to restrain myself, though.
  • MRSCORKER said:

@MRSCORKER I did the same thing as far as deleting all of my pictures after my CP. Now that DH and I are TTC, I've been obsessed with HPTs and POAS. I've already burned through so many, that DH is now in charge of making sure I don't take one today. And in my sadness of not testing today, I've been looking at pictures of tests people have posted at 11DPO (like me) and trying not to convince myself that today it will be a BFP. 
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • @bcooke314 I would totally bust out my red pen and send it back with corrections. lol

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:

@MRSCORKER I did the same thing as far as deleting all of my pictures after my CP. Now that DH and I are TTC, I've been obsessed with HPTs and POAS. I've already burned through so many, that DH is now in charge of making sure I don't take one today. And in my sadness of not testing today, I've been looking at pictures of tests people have posted at 11DPO (like me) and trying not to convince myself that today it will be a BFP. 
    Why do we torture ourselves? I'm benched and having a hard time not TTC this cycle. I'm still tracking everything and knowing that I'm getting close to my FW is making it REALLY hard to not just throw in the towel and HIO.

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I'm a pee stick addict and I like looking at countdown to pregnancy for funsies sometimes. You get some real crazies on there. I'm sorry for your loss. I've had a CP before and it's a total mindblow.

I'd never heard of this so I checked it out. Got as far as "who else here is TTC twins?" Before I gth out of there.
  • My FFFC is that I wish we would stop encouraging people to post EVERYTHING on the WTO and TWW threads. I actually like being able to browse through and look at seperate conversations instead of having to scroll through the daily threads and try and follow comments.

I have to agree. I feel like those threads get so long sometimes and that makes them hard to follow. Also, I feel like sometimes people's questions get lost in that thread and never answered. 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• MRSCORKER said:
    MRSCORKER said:

Why do we torture ourselves? I'm benched and having a hard time not TTC this cycle. I'm still tracking everything and knowing that I'm getting close to my FW is making it REALLY hard to not just throw in the towel and HIO.

Sorry for both of your losses. I'm in the same boat here. I totally did the same thing just yesterday! I too am benched and having a hard time with it/not sure I'm going to stick to it. I'm not convinced there is even a point to waiting (I'm just saying for me personally).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lunanova9 I feel you! I had many reasons for benching myself right after the loss, now I feel like none of those reasons matter. The only thing holding me back is that we have a 12 day cruise booked in February and I'm hesitant to travel at either 13 weeks (if we were to get KU this cycle) or 9 weeks (next cycle). I'm more comfortable with 13 weeks but I'm nervous risking being away and cut off in case something went wrong. On the other hand, the chances of getting KU so quickly are slim and if it's going to take months, I would rather start now. Ugh. Round and round in circles I go.

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• FFFC : I kinda miss going to the gym, and people watching while I run. DH got me an elliptical, but I get bored.

• My FFFC is that I am no longer going to compete with the neighborhood moms to be "pinterest mom of the year".  And I am starting by not sending xmas cards this year.  I was all stressed about getting a photographer and trying to find outfits, and then I realized....who really cares?    That really got me thinking to things like bday parties, my annual cookie exchange,  favors/treats for my daughters daycare class for various holidays....none of it means sh*t.  I get myself so worked up, like I am trying to prove my mothering ability through handcrafted valentines and perfectly coordinated party decor every time I want to host something.   I'm over it.  None of my real friends care if they are drinking from a straw that matches their napkin, so why should I?  I feel a zillion pounds lifted from my shoulders.  As a matter of fact, a girl in the office who was hosting a baby shower asked me to do the decorating since she knows that's my thing, and I just told her no.  

DD brings home those carefully crafted gift bags by other moms every holiday from school. And every few months I end up having to throw them out because she just doesn't care about them. Besides throwing the pencil in our school supply drawer, it all goes to waste. I feel bad, but it's not asked for so I don't feel too bad. *shrug*

• @lulucooks....last Valentine's Day we were asked to bring in valentines for the whole class.  I went out and bought those squeezable fruit packs and made handmade tags that said "you're my main squeeze".  Like with stencils, and gold pens, and twine...it took forever to make one for everyone.  Then I pick up DD and see what's in her bag, and there are just the CVS value pack valentines with not even the kid's name signed inside.  That's when the lightbulb went off....like who am I doing this for, me or her?
    TTC #2- November 2015

• I cry in movies. Even movies that H and I have watched literally dozens of times. Sometimes it happens with certain music, too. I'm a wreck after the blastoff scene in Apollo 13. H flames me regularly for this.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @lulucooks....last Valentine's Day we were asked to bring in valentines for the whole class.  I went out and bought those squeezable fruit packs and made handmade tags that said "you're my main squeeze".  Like with stencils, and gold pens, and twine...it took forever to make one for everyone.  Then I pick up DD and see what's in her bag, and there are just the CVS value pack valentines with not even the kid's name signed inside.  That's when the lightbulb went off....like who am I doing this for, me or her?

It seems there are one or two crafted, pintresty type things for each holiday and the rest are the normal stuff. If the parents like doing it, great. If not, it's really not needed. The kids seem happy either way and that's the important part.

• I'd never heard of this so I checked it out. Got as far as "who else here is TTC twins?" Before I gth out of there.

Told ya there are some crazies there!
  • Quote failed. Lol sorry.
  • @Darthfuriosa - I tend to say "Enjoy your holiday!" starting around Thanksgiving. Whatever holiday people want to enjoy - Go for it.

• FFFC: I think I'm going to change my avatar and my siggy so I'm less recognizable, which will make it easier for me to openly bitch about people in my life. 

I refuse to share personal info (funny to say that when i routinely discuss the status of my cm and sex life on here but you know what I mean) because I live in fear that somehow someone from real life is going to find me online... And learn all about my cm and sex life. Sure enough, earlier this week, find out someone is from the same small town as me.
  • Ally989 said:
    My FFFC is that I wish we would stop encouraging people to post EVERYTHING on the WTO and TWW threads. I actually like being able to browse through and look at seperate conversations instead of having to scroll through the daily threads and try and follow comments.

I have to agree. I feel like those threads get so long sometimes and that makes them hard to follow. Also, I feel like sometimes people's questions get lost in that thread and never answered. 

I completly agree!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • FFFC: I haven't been on here forever because sometimes it's just too sad for me. It makes me feel like I'm stuck in a never-ending cycle of trying and getting excited, and then it not happening. The whole ttc process makes me feel crazy and like a big, fat failure. 
  • FFFC: I think I'm going to change my avatar and my siggy so I'm less recognizable, which will make it easier for me to openly bitch about people in my life. 
    I refuse to share personal info (funny to say that when i routinely discuss the status of my cm and sex life on here but you know what I mean) because I live in fear that somehow someone from real life is going to find me online... And learn all about my cm and sex life. Sure enough, earlier this week, find out someone is from the same small town as me.
    Or, like what happened on my July 2014 BMB, one of the top posters and most active members wasn't even a mom. It was just some weirdo catfishing person who was on there collecting people's personal information and using it for other alter egos on other sites. All the pics she posted on the weekly bump threads were of some stranger she had never met and after the "birth" of her kid, she posted pics of someone else's baby!! You never know what kind of creeps are on here, best to keep things anonymous. 
    TTC #2- November 2015