Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday!

2»

Re: UO Thursday!

• jhems776 said:

My UO is that I don't think UO needs to be a weekly thread, I just don't think there are that many maybe monthly instead.  I vote for a new one like First World Problems or Small Victories.  

When I was briefly on my BMB we wanted more positive things (instead of the M bitchfest T twatwaffle, etc) we did a thing called Ten Things Tuesday (or Thursday). Everyone just posted 10 random things about themselves/family/friends/TTC/how they feel or whatever you wanted to say. I really enjoyed it.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• m6agua said:

jhems776 said:

My UO is that I don't think UO needs to be a weekly thread, I just don't think there are that many maybe monthly instead.  I vote for a new one like First World Problems or Small Victories.  

When I was briefly on my BMB we wanted more positive things (instead of the M bitchfest T twatwaffle, etc) we did a thing called Ten Things Tuesday (or Thursday). Everyone just posted 10 random things about themselves/family/friends/TTC/how they feel or whatever you wanted to say. I really enjoyed it.
    **possible QBF**

I like this idea! But ten things might be kind of long. What if we did Three Things Thursday?

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Loading the player...

• Megzb510 said:
    I know this prolly unpopular, but I kind of am blah about the intro posts. It feels kind of AW and spechul snowflake. I get so disappointed when I come to binge on this forum and its intro -intro - intro- intro posts. At least the "am I Pregnant?" posts have tons of entertaining gifs. Intro posts are a dozen people saying "welcome". Just start participating!
    I agree and I totally did one just because I wanted to post in another thread and realized "whoops, these people have absolutely no idea who I am." 

I also hate the Christmas lawn blow ups. Unfortunately, my husband LOVES them and can't wait to buy them all. No, just no. Opinions on Christmas decorations wasn't a conversation we had before we were married, but I'm starting to think it should have been! 
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • babymish said:

antoto said:

Megzb510 said:

I know this prolly unpopular, but I kind of am blah about the intro posts. It feels kind of AW and spechul snowflake. I get so disappointed when I come to binge on this forum and its intro -intro - intro- intro posts. At least the "am I Pregnant?" posts have tons of entertaining gifs. Intro posts are a dozen people saying "welcome". Just start participating!

To be fair I think the rules say you should post one.  That being said I also do not read them unless they have a good title or they add that they have a question.

edit:  Maybe there should just be one pinned posts where ALL newbies post their intros instead of creating an individual thread for each one.

@mrsmd1224 @iceandsnowflakes29 - I really wasn't trying to call anyone specific out! I know it's in the rules so that's why people do it.
    I remember not participating in my BMB group cuz they were kind of like "do an intro or we don't wanna see you participate." I thought that intros were stupid so I mostly lurked. Now this board is a happy place for me and I enjoying reading and posting in the daily threads. I felt I was being kinda snarky even bringing it up cuz i know sometimes this board is seen as intimidating and intros are one way for newbies to dip their toes in. I'd be happy with an pinned intro thread so that there is a place for it.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Megzb510 said:
    Newbie opinion (of undetermined popularity): It felt really weird making an intro thread, but maybe I'm just bad at introductions without guidance. Talking about myself without a rigid framework is hard. Also, by the time I read all the welcomes, thanking everyone would have bumped the thread to the top 2 days past its relevance, and that felt too spechul snowflakey (even though I was grateful for the welcomes). 

This may have been done/proposed in the past (app is misbehaving, so I don't really feel like backing out and searching, least it kick me out again), but a dedicated intro thread, complete with a template would be nice. If it had a couple of open-ended GTKY questions outside the topic of people's TTGP journey, I would read the hell out of it. I think the key is that it would be in one place.

But then again, maybe that was tried and didn't work?
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • @Megzb510 no offense taken at all- we're all big girls here :) the intro posts are not super memorable on their own. I read almost all of them and remember none. I agree there's a better way to do it- pinned post makes a lot of sense!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Megzb510 lol. It's ok. I thought it was funny.
  • TCOYF is the bible but really, what's up with the paper charts? Drawing your own cover line?! Gasp. 
  • sldp123 said:

m6agua said:

jhems776 said:

**possible QBF**

I like this idea! But ten things might be kind of long. What if we did Three Things Thursday?
    I thought 10 would be too much too, but it actually worked alright. I can start this thread next Thursday.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• m6agua said:
    **possible QBF** I like this idea! But ten things might be kind of long. What if we did Three Things Thursday?
    I thought 10 would be too much too, but it actually worked alright. I can start this thread next Thursday.
    Wasn't it "10 things Tuesday"? I feel like Tuesday would be appropriate since I feel like Twatwaffle Tuesday and WTF Wednesday are basically the same thing.
    Anniversary       

• m6agua said:

sldp123 said:

m6agua said:

jhems776 said:

**possible QBF**

Wasn't it "10 things Tuesday"? I feel like Tuesday would be appropriate since I feel like Twatwaffle Tuesday and WTF Wednesday are basically the same thing.

It was Tuesday but I figured we could do Tuesday or Thursday really since it will probably be in addition to the normal thread.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• I would never read the intro post when it got updated if there was one. I usually read the individual ones so that if they don't recommend TCOYF or the pinned posts I can mention it/them, and hopefully they'll be less likely to do something dumb. Then some days (like today) in lazy and just say welcome... I guess I'm saying Id be okay with doing away with intros without adding a new intro thread.

I don't think we can change the ultimate TTGP guide without the OP doing it.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• My UO is I love animal print! I don't go overboard but I do enjoy a nice leopard print shoe. I don't mind them on babies either but they can go overboard. I don't like camo however. It is tacky and so hillbilly-looking unless you are hunting (which is hillbilly anyway IMO) or in the military!!!
  • JRB3 said:
    My UO is I love animal print! I don't go overboard but I do enjoy a nice leopard print shoe. I don't mind them on babies either but they can go overboard. I don't like camo however. It is tacky and so hillbilly-looking unless you are hunting (which is hillbilly anyway IMO) or in the military!!!
    I will admit, I don't mind a leopard print shoe. I wouldn't wear them but they don't offend me :)

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I hate the themed dresses that parents put on little girls for every. flipping. holiday. Oh, it's St. Patrick's Day? Let's put a green dress on her with little four leaf clovers. Oh, it's Valentine's Day? Red heart dress. Fourth of July? Red white & blue everything. I am not buying a themed outfit every single month that my child will wear ONE time. Especially when they look like this:

and don't get me started on the professional photography sessions every 3 months. Whatever happened to spending $30 at Sears or some other cheap studio? Now we need to spend hundreds of dollars (maybe thousands) for a good photo? How much does your family change in 3 months? 

This all stems from my SIL who seriously had a beach session done in September, and a month later had a holiday/fall photo session of their family out a in a field somewhere. It's just ridiculous what moms are expected to do these days to make their families appear perfect. She also had professional shots done every 3 months of BOTH of her children throughout their first year. 

i get DS a themed outfit for every holiday. i always have, and i will as long as carters keeps making them lol.

and i'll continue it with the next one too!
    image image
  • Lulucooks said:

Megzb510 said:

I don't even read em anymore unless they have an interesting title. It's always the same and if someone sticks around long enough I know who they are

I never did an intro. I'm a rule breaker, I know! But I figured no one really cared that much about the intro. This thread proves it! Haha! Now I don't feel so bad for not doing it. :)
  • My UO is that I want to throat punch the next person who says something to me about using Clomid.  And that's not even directed at people on this site, just in general.  As soon as anyone finds out it's the Spanish f'ing Inquisition.  Are you being monitored?  How long have you been trying?  Oh that's not long enough, I would get a second opinion.   I feel like this decision isn't something that was made lightly and the third degree I catch makes me feel like people think I am somehow incompetent in making this decision.  My one single friend (who has no kids and has never tried to have them), went on and on about all these homeopathic remedies I should try first.   It's like, thanks, but I am going to trust the UVA educated doctor I have been working with on my fertility issues for the last 3 years....and who helped me conceive my actual baby. Not the made up baby you've never had or tried for. 

I know this board just tries to warn people who are being prescribed it, after dropping hints in their post that they are potentially in an unmonitored situation.
    But eff those homeopathic nuts. The homeopathic suggestions from friends are just as annoying after you have a baby. "Oh you took your child to the doctor? Did you try using essential oils first? You're not getting all the vaccinations on the regular schedule are you?" I'm on too many mothers Facebook groups where the crunchy people drive me up the wall.

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18