Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Moving over here... *TW

I, unfortunately, experienced a miscarriage last night. I would have been 9 weeks today and it was my first pregnancy. We were not TTC but this baby was a welcomed surprise. Me and DH were so excited. A day before 8weeks I went for my first apt/ultrasound and was told everything was looking good. One week later, yesterday night, I started feeling lower back cramps just like I would have with my period and then about an hour after they started I went to the bathroom and just saw a lot of bright red blood. It was very sudden and unexpected and I was instantly hysterical and in shock. I put on a pad and laid down and just cried to be honest. DH got home about 30 minutes later and I was able to tell him what was going on in between sobs. I then started to feel a wetness and went to the bathroom again where I passed my baby... I knew from first glance. I've lost all pregnancy symptoms and instead feel like I am having a normal period.  I am still having mild cramps on and off but not much blood. I am not sure what the norm is, it seems most people bleed heavily for a few days so I'm a bit confused as it seems I only bled heavily for maybe 3 hours last night. Overnight (8 hours) I filled a whole pad but since then it's been minimal. I don't know if I should be expected more blood or what...

I am living in Tanzania and so healthcare isn't the best but I plan on calling in to the clinic I had my first apt. at tomorrow.... I decided to take today just to rest and grieve. 
*American lady living in Tanzania.
DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)

Re: Moving over here... *TW

• I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

I'm not sure what the norm is for bleeding. I know I bled quite heavily for at least a week and have still had some bleeding for another week.

You're not alone. I hope this board can be come comfort to you.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you can get some comfort somehow and that you be kind to yourself.

Bleeding is different for everyone. It is perfectly fine if you only bleed for a few hours as long as you pass everything. Calling your doctor is the right answer as an ultrasound will reveal if there's anything left in the uterus (if there is, it could cause an infection). I never bled heavily with my MC, it was just like a really light period for about 11 days and everything did come out.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have nothing to add except to send virtual hugs and let you know you aren't alone. I also miscarried after being told at 8 weeks everything looked good. Take care of yourself.
  • I definitely expected more blood. I had intense cramps then sat on the toilet and passed some thick blood then the placenta and in tact gestational sac. Now my bleeding is light but red. I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker