Infertility

**Trigger Warning** Loss and current stepchild mentioned

Celestina1987Celestina1987 member
edited November 2015 in Infertility
**Trigger Warning**

Hello! I am very new to this site, with the exception that I've seen bits and pieces of this site during the last 5 or so years while dealing with continuous infertility following a loss. But I finally decided to offiially join TB! The reason is because I am tired of feeling like I have no one to talk to about this issue of infertility(except DH of course). I'm 28 years old. **Trigger warning**

When I was 20, I did get pregnant ONCE. After carrying him to term, I made the choice to give him up for adoption. The problem with doing that is that no one in my life has ever recognized that that WAS and still IS a LOSS for me. I never saw my baby again, and it created a hole in me, one that I have spent the last 5 years trying to fill with TTCing. I was born to be a mother, but had a very bad childhood and so I gave up my only child when he was born because everyone around me told me I didn't deserve to be/couldn't possibly be a Mom. I believed them long enough to give him up. I have spent the last 5 years TTC, with at first, unexplained infertility, then was diagnosed with PCOS, extremely irregular periods, and not ovulating. I had taken the DepoVera shot a couple years ago because I was told it would help regulate my cycles. It only made my infertility ten times worse.
For some reason since my loss almost 7 years ago(2009), I was suddenly, continuously infertile.
I've recently remarried, and my DH has a two year old son from a previous relationship. Both DH and I want to add one more from both our genes to our family, but with me being infertile, it hasn't happened yet, of course. I haven't been pregnant even ONCE since my loss. Don't get me wrong, we love his son with all our hearts, but we would like for him to have a sibling to share his life with. Also, because of my years long battle with infertility, there is still a hole in me that only another child will fill. Perhaps I'm being ungrateful, wanting a child that is also from me...when we already have a son that we love. I feel guilty for still wanting one that I will hopefully, someday give birth to...IDK. Anyway...
I hope that I'm following the TOU and guidelines well during the posting of this. (I've read them, but no one's perfect).
Please let me know if I've said anything inappropriate or not applicable to this forum.
I honestly don't want to upset anyone; quite the opposite. And I'm hoping anyone who's going through/has gone through anything similar to this will help me get through this difficult time.
I am also here for anyone going through hard times. Just reach out to me, and I'll offer whatever friendly support I can.

Re: **Trigger Warning** Loss and current stepchild mentioned

• @Celestina1987 I am so sorry for your loss and that you are now unable to have another child with your husband. Are you working with an RE or an OB for your infertility concerns? If you are working with an OB I would suggest making an appointment with an RE right away to get on appropriate treatment. I wish you luck in your journey!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Welcome to the group. I think many of us here know what that hole feels like and will support you in your journey. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there ! Welcome to the group ! I am so so sorry for your loss . I can't even imagine how hard of a decision that was for you and how hard it is for you now . You are so strong and you are going to be an amazing mother again . Don't ever let anyone make you feel like you don't deserve that .

Don't feel bad for wanting a child of your own . That's human nature ! We all want that of course . I wish you all the best in this journey to motherhood . What's your current status - are you seeing a doctor and seeking treatment ? We are here for you !! If you need to vent , have questions or whatever you will be supported here !

Sending hugs !!!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Hello and welcome!!  I'm so sorry for your loss, and you have every right to want to have your own child, and that doesn't mean you love your stepson any less!!  You have come to the right place... I've learned so much about fertility from the lovely ladies here.  And I agree with the previous posters who recommended seeing an RE!  Best of luck on your journey.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Celestina1987Celestina1987 member
    edited November 2015
    mskeenan said:

Hi there ! Welcome to the group ! I am so so sorry for your loss . I can't even imagine how hard of a decision that was for you and how hard it is for you now . You are so strong and you are going to be an amazing mother again . Don't ever let anyone make you feel like you don't deserve that .

Don't feel bad for wanting a child of your own . That's human nature ! We all want that of course . I wish you all the best in this journey to motherhood . What's your current status - are you seeing a doctor and seeking treatment ? We are here for you !! If you need to vent , have questions or whatever you will be supported here !

Sending hugs !!!

@mskeenan I recently did talk with my OB who is amazing, when she heard all about my long history of infertility, she readily made it abundantly clear that she would and will give me whatever options I'm willing to delve into that will help me on my TTCing journey. I haven't made it to an RE yet but here's the plan as of last week:

Provera pills at 10 mg for 5 days to induce a period (due to the fact that I haven't had one since July of this year.)
    I'll come in for a CD 21 blood test to see if I ovulated.
    If I did not ovulate, OB will have me restart the Provera on CD 28 and we will add in Clomid the next cycle.

I am on day 3 off of my very first attempt at Provera and still no bleeding. They say it can take up to a couple weeks after stopping the last pill for your period to start, so I'm still patiently waiting...*sigh*
  • Celestina1987Celestina1987 member
    edited November 2015
    I'm really having trouble tagging the right people for my replies and just responding in general-- so if it seems like I'm being rude or inconsiderate of anyone's feelings, I really am not. I'm just still getting the hang of TB.
    Thank you so much to everyone who has replied so far. It was great to wake up to this kind of support this morning. <3
  • @Celestina1987 Welcome, the ladies on here are so kind. Getting advice and having some women that can relate when you feel no one else can feels comforting. I think a lot of us that have SC can relate of wanting to have a child of our own/one who calls us Mom,having our genes. The list goes on. I love my SC dearly, but I still have a hole on my heart that they could never fill. Sorry for you loss. I agree with going to seek help as soon as you can. Working to see what can be done to help you on this journey. Best of luck. Keep your head up. We're hear to lend an ear.