October 2015 Moms
Options

Sleep Questionaire

So I wanted to see if I could get some knowledge about how your babies are sleeping. We are currently struggling with naps and getting our LO down for the night so I wanted to see how many mamas are in the same boat. So here goes

1. LO Age:
Daytime Sleep:
2. How many naps does your LO take?
3. How long do they last?
4. Where does your LO sleep?
5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns?
6. Do you have a prenap routine?
7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep?
If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now?
NightTime Sleep:
8. What time is baby going to bed for the night?
9. How long do they sleep for?
10. Where does your baby sleep at night?
11. What's your bedtime routine?
12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep?
13. What do you do if baby wakes up?

Sorry for the 20 questions but I am really curious how other babies are doing! Feel free to add your own questions as well!

Re: Sleep Questionaire

• Options
    Answers in the quote block- curious as to what others are doing as well!

So I wanted to see if I could some knowledge about how your babies are sleeping. We are currently struggling with naps and getting our LO down for the night so I wanted to see how many mamas are in the same boat. So here goes

1. LO Age: 6 weeks
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? 4-5
    3. How long do they last? I I only consider it a nap if it's more than 45 minutes, naps last usually 2 hours give or take
    4. Where does your LO sleep? On me or in a swing.. Occasionally I will put her in her bassinet after she is sleeping, and plan to start some naps in her crib this week.
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? Go with the flow; but I will encourage a nap if she's been up more than 2 hours.
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Usually just rocking/bouncing.
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? Definitely goes down asleep, except if the nap is in the swing or car in which case she puts herself to sleep.
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Since she's on me mostly,
    I will rock her back to sleep if I can if she wakes up too soon.
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? We try to get her in bed for 10-11 ish
    9. How long do they sleep for? On a good night, she has a 5-6 hour stretch followed by a 1-3 hour stretch.
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? In a play yard with a mattress is our room.
    11. What's your bedtime routine? We need to work on this. Right now it's feeding her in our bed, then singing rocking her to sleep, and transferring her to a swaddle and her own bed once she's been sleeping for about 20 minutes. This week, we will incorporate a bath & massage and pjs change right before bed time.
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Asleep! At 2 months we wil start a drowsy but awake for naps; then once that works, do it we night.
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? Feed her, then comfort her back to sleep.

Sorry for the 20 questions but I am really curious how other babies are doing! Feel free to add your own questions as well!

• Options
    Great questionnaire - hope others will take time to answer it too... Perhaps when baby is napping hehe

1. LO Age: 8 weeks
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? Again only count it if it's more then 45 mins so I would said 1-2 naps
    3. How long do they last? 1-2 hours, if they go longer I usually waker her as she would be due for her next feed and want her to be more awake during the day
    4. Where does your LO sleep? In R&P,
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? I try to do feed, nap, play ... Doesn't always go in the same order though especially as she's getting older she doesn't always nap in between feeds (every 3 hours)
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Usually hold and rock her or watch tv and let her fall asleep in my arms if I'm lucky (I get tired of walking and rocking her!)
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? Asleep and I experiment with drowsy too
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Usually if she's been up for a while I will rock the R&P back and forth and keenly hand on her.

NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? We aim for 8-9 ish
    9. How long do they sleep for? This is variable and I wish it was more set... She's 8 weeks haha! But now we are seeing more 4-5 hour stretches followed by 1-3 hour stretches. The longer she sleeps in the first stretch the shorter the second stretch is .... Sigh lol
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? R&P
    11. What's your bedtime routine? None set so far usually feed and go to bed when she notice she's drowsy. Sometimes bath but we don't bath everyday and find that she actually gets too riled up after baths rather then sleep soundly
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Asleep
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? Feed

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. LO Agesee 8 weeks
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? 3-5
    3. How long do they last? Anywhere from 20 minutes up to 3 hours
    4. Where does your LO sleep? In my arms or in a wrap. Every time I try to have her nap anywhere else she wakes up either right away or after about 30 minutes
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? No nap schedule yet but I do notice that she usually gets tired around the same times
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Not really. Usually I will put her in the wrap and bounce her.
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? Since she is sleeping on me I guess asleep?
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? depends. If she is in her crib or pnp then I will try to get her to sleep longer. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? Usually between 9-11
    9. How long do they sleep for? 4-7 hours feed them down for another 2-4 hours
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? PNP
    11. What's your bedtime routine? Feed-bath-diaper-sleep suit-top off feed then bounce or rock to sleep.
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Asleep. She fights and cries if she is put down drowsy
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? Bounce her until she goes back to sleep.
  • Options
    1. LO Age: 5 weeks
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? It varies, it was almost none for a few days but now maybe 2-4
    3. How long do they last? 1-3 hours
    4. Where does your LO sleep? Floor on a blanket, PNP, or crib
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? go with the flow, after he eats usually
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? usually he eats and falls asleep after he's done
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? sleep usually, sometimes falls asleep during tummy time
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? assume its finished for not
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? 10-11 at the earliest
    9. How long do they sleep for? 3 hours
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? crib to start, usually ends up in our bed
    11. What's your bedtime routine? typically feed one side, diaper change, swaddle arms out, feed the other side and hold him until he doesn't make noise when I move him
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? asleep 
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? feed him or pacifier, diaper change if he needs it
  • Options
    1. LO Age:he will be 10 weeks tomorrow
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? Lately none or short naps
    3. How long do they last?anywhere from 20 min- 1 hr
    4. Where does your LO sleep? Usually on me then I transfer him to either the crib it PNP
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? Not really, sometimes after a feeding he will nap sometime he doesn't .
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? No just rocking in the recliner after a feeding and hoping he will take a nAp lol
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? Asleep otherwise he will wake up screaming
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Depends on how long he's been asleep. If shorter than 20 min I will try to put him back down.
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? Between 8-9
    9. How long do they sleep for? 8-2 then 3-7 ish
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? In a cradle in my room
    11. What's your bedtime routine? Bath time, lotioned up, diaper, sleeper and then feeding(6oz of formula) Followed by rocking to sleep. I usually have him upright for at least 30 min to help reduce spit up.
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Asleep other wise he fights it
    He usually wakes around 2 ish for a feeding(4oz) and clean diaper then rocking back to sleep.
  • Options
    1. LO Age:
    8 weeks
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take ?
    5-6
    Anywhere from 30mins to 2 hours
    On me or bouncer seat/rocker
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns?
    Go woth the flow
    Usually she falls asleep after eating.
    N/a
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now?
    If it hasnt been long enough for another fewding ill try to get her to go back down.
    NightTime Sleep:
    11-12
    Only 2 -4 hours at a time.right now. Usually closer to the 2 hours.
    In rocker next to our bed
    We havents started one yet.
    Both
    Change and feed.
  • Options
    CmonigaCmoniga member
    edited November 2015
    1. LO Age: almost 6 weeks
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? 3-4
    3. How long do they last? 1-3 hr
    4. Where does your LO sleep? On me and in swing if I move her after she's asleep
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? Go with the flow but she tends to asleep after feedings. Lately she's been more alert so I try to keep her awake for at least 30 min to play and then if she gets cranky I try to get her to nap. Sometimes she doesn't.
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Pacifier, holding close to my body, rocking her/patting bum
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? Asleep
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Depends on how long it's been since last feeding. If it's only been an hour I try to encourage her to sleep more to make more space between feedings so she gets more full
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? 10-11pm. If she feeds at 7-8 and falls asleep and stays asleep, then i try to get her to bed (this is rare these days)
    9. How long do they sleep for? 3-4 hr first stretch then 2-3 hr 2nd stretch
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? Bassinet in my bedroom
    11. What's your bedtime routine? Change diaper, put Halo sleep sack on swaddled arms out, feed, when asleep while on me after feeding I slowly swaddle arms in, if she stays asleep I bring her to my room which I must keep illuminated by tv and have white noise machine on. Without these elements she tends to wake! I set tv and noise for 1 hour though and she stays asleep now (used to wake up when they turned off).
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Asleep mostly! Maybe once a or twice she was "drowsy", she has been asleep, woke up, stirred a bit, but then fell back asleep after I rocked the bassinet.
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? Rock bassinet for a couple minutes. If she starts crying, pick her up and give her pacifier and walk around while rocking her and patting butt

Edited: randomly switched asleep and awake a few times by accident haha

• Options
    1. LO Age: 7 weeks
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? 5ish
    3. How long do they last? most are 30 min to 1 hour, but she'll usually have 1 or 2 naps that are 2-3 hours long
    4. Where does your LO sleep?  usually her swing, but also car seat when we go on walks and errands, sometimes her R&P or on me
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? I try to follow her cues and keep an eye on the time because she is very cranky if she gets overtired and can't stay awake more than 2 hours
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Just rocking her. If she's really fighting it I might try to feed her again.
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep?  Asleep
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? If it's been less than 30 minutes I might try to get her back to sleep unless she's in a good mood
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? 9ish
    9. How long do they sleep for? lately 7-8 hours! but every night is different
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? crib in her own room
    11. What's your bedtime routine? bath, swaddle, eat, rock to sleep
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? if it's been less than an hour we rock her to sleep, if more than an hour I change her and feed her
  • Options
    tulegrl14tulegrl14 member
    edited November 2015

Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? Two
    3. How long do they last? Some times two hours some times 20 mins.
    4. Where does your LO sleep? Pack and play newborn napper.
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? No pattern
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Go with the flow
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? Both
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Try to soothe if it's a short nap
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? Different times
    9. How long do they sleep for? 2-3 hours
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? Pack and play napper
    11. What's your bedtime routine? Feed, diaper change, rock
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Both
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? If it's night I try the baby wise and let him try to go back to sleep on his own unless he cries for more than ten mins
  • Options
    1. 8 weeks
    2. 4 ish naps a day.
    3. They last 1-1.5 hours
    4. He sleeps in his crib.
    5. Absolutely a schedule. (babywise works very well for us) He eats every 3 hrs. So we'll change him, feed him, play with him, and when he gets cranky get him to sleep.
    6. Before his nap we play and talk to him. We know it's naptime when he starts to get cranky.
    7. Usually he is asleep when we lay him down. We give him his pacifier and rock him or hold him until he falls asleep. If he wakes up before the 3 hr mark in his feeding schedule, we give him his pacifier back and pat his back for a bit until he's drowsy enough to go back asleep.

8. 9 or 10 He usually goes to bed.
    9. The first stretch at night is usually 5-6 hrs, but has been as along ad 9. He eats and goes right back to bed for another 3-4 hrs.
    10. He sleeps swaddled in the pack n play napper.
    11. Bedtime routine? Change him, feed him, swaddle him, and lay him down.
    12. Both.
    13. If he wakes up when I first put him down I either feed him more or give him a pacifier. Just depends on how much he had to eat before laying him down. Otherwise he stays asleep.
  • Options

1. LO Age: 4 weeks, 5 days
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? 2-3

3. How long do they last? 2-3 hours

4. Where does your LO sleep? Our room in a snuggle nest. He also will nap in his crib, on one of our chests, on the boppy or in the swing or in the car if we've been out. I try to do one good nap a day in his bed where he sleeps best.

5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? Flow. He usually naps around 8, 12, 4 or 5

6. Do you have a prenap routine? We do the same thing every time. White noise machine, swaddle, bottle/breast, rocking, songs, shush pat. But if he's sleeping on his own first I feel lucky and put him down without the hub-bub. I always say "Mama loves you. It's time to sleep now. Ill see you when you wake up" as I lay him for a nap or for his first bedtime

7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? Usually drowsy. Not fully asleep

If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? I try twice. If that's not working nap time is over

NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? 7 or 8 pm, but it takes an hour to get him to sleep

9. How long do they sleep for? 8-12, then up until 12:30 or 1. Up around 2 or 2:30, asleep by 3. Up at 4. Asleep again until 6. Then up until 8 or 9.

10. Where does your baby sleep at night? In a snuggle nest between us in bed (king size)

11. What's your bedtime routine? Same as nap

12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Drowsy but if he fusses I will pick him up and nurse, rock or let him fall asleep on my chest

13. What do you do if baby wakes up? I try to bottle or breastfeed before he cries. He fusses a little and I do a bottle while he's half sleeping. If I can do this he will go back down in like, 30 min. But if I have to reswaddle him or change him or he fully wakes it's an hour to get him back to sleep.
  • Options
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? 2-3 long naps. Shorter cat naps in between.
    3. How long do they last? 2-3 hours
    4. Where does your LO sleep? It used to be in his Graco swing, but we replaced it today with a rockaRoo. Sometimes on the sofa cuddled up to me or Daddy. Sometimes in my bed next to me while I nap.
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? Go with the flow. He takes a mid-morning nap and a mid-afternoon nap usually.
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Nope.
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? Drowsy. 
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Try to get him to go back to sleep. If it doesn't work, nap time is done.
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? We start bedtime between 10 and 11. He's sleeping between 11and midnight.
    9. How long do they sleep for? 6 to 7 hours.
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? In his bassinet next to my bed.
    11. What's your bedtime routine? We do a bath much earlier in the evenings every other day between six and eight. Then we hang out in living room for a bit. Around ten, we bring him to our room and turn down the lights. Diaper change, last bottle for the night, fresh PJs. Daddy reads to us. Lights out, a good night prayer, white noise, and some cuddles before he goes into his bed.
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Either.
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? Change, feed, back to sleep.
  • Options

So I wanted to see if I could get some knowledge about how your babies are sleeping. We are currently struggling with naps and getting our LO down for the night so I wanted to see how many mamas are in the same boat. So here goes

Daytime Sleep:
    3. How long do they last? 30mins-2 hours
    4. Where does your LO sleep? on me/bassinet/my bed
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? go with the flow during the day but it's always a pattern of 3-4 hours between feeds
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? falls asleep while feeding
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? asleep
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? depends how long he's been asleep for
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? 9-10
    9. How long do they sleep for? 3-4 hours
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? most the time in the bassinet but sometimes with me
    11. What's your bedtime routine? shower, pjs then a feed
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? put his dummy back in or pick him up and feed him if he's due

• Options
    Daytime Sleep: 
    3. How long do they last? Usually 20-45 min.  Every now and then we'll get a 1-2 hour nap.  She naps a lot longest if I hold her, but trying hard not to hold her all the time
    4. Where does your LO sleep? Swing, bouncer, pack n play, my chest...Just depends.  I prefer her to nap in the pack n play but I have to take her upstairs for it so it's just easier to pick another spot for her.
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? Go with the flow.  She has developed a loose pattern of eat play sleep, but it doesn't always follow.  Usually she eats right after she wakes up then plays for 45 min or so then gets sleepy.  She is usually awake for 1.5-2 hours at a time.  In the evening it's usually longer.  She gets so tired and fights her naps/bedtime by then
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? When she starts to look sleepy I want around with her because that's pretty much the only way she will fall asleep.
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? I will try drowsy but it doesn't work very often, especially since this past week she's been fighting falling asleep so much.
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Usually the nap is done if she wakes up, she will not go back to sleep.
    NightTime Sleep: 8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? anywhere between 8:30-10:30 depending on how much sleep she got during the day
    9. How long do they sleep for? We've been getting 5 hour stretches the first part of the night now, then 2-3 hour stretches after that until anywhere between 7-9 am.
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? Pack n Play.  Usually the last stretch of sleep in the early morning she will sleep on my chest because otherwise she won't stay asleep and is fussy.
    11. What's your bedtime routine? Bath every other night around 7ish then lotion and pajamas.  Around 8ish we turn the lights low and sound on the tv low.  Once she starts to look sleepy we will rock or walk around with her.  It's the only way she falls asleep and she fights it so much.  Once she's almost asleep I started taking her up to our room where it's dark and quiet to fall asleep the rest of the way.  Once she's been asleep in one of our arms for 15-20 min, we move her to the pack n play and swaddle her.   
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Asleep, drowsy doesn't work well for her, she will kick her legs all over the place and wake up.
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? change diaper and nurse.  If it's only been 30 min-1 hr, will check her diaper and try to rock her back to sleep.

• Options

1. LO Age: 7 weeks
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? 4 -6
    3. How long do they last? 30 mins to 2 hours
    4. Where does your LO sleep? My arms usually. If I need to put him down its in his swing or bassinet. If we're out and about he falls asleep in his carseat.
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? Go with the flow :) If he's tired, he sleeps. I'm not trying to force anything with him.
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Usually he naps after a feeding. He's alert more often now. He used to sleep a bit after every feeding but now it's about every other.
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? He's pretty good about going down drowsy if i put him in his swing. I've watched him fall asleep while on his play mat! But I usually like snuggling him while he naps.
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Depends. If he's napped alot that day I try to get his attention. If is been awhile since a feeding I'll feed him and sometimes he'll go back to sleep. Usually jay bounce, rock a bit to see if that puts him back to sleep.
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? Between 7:30 and 9:00
    9. How long do they sleep for? He'll go 4 hours the first stretch then 2-3. Closer to morning is where he's getting up the most.
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? Bassinet next to our bed
    11. What's your bedtime routine? We bathe him every other night but will still do a good wash down in between those nights. Around 7:30 we bathe/wash up and get lotioned up. We usually sing a little bit in his room and get sleeper on. Then feed him swaddle once he's mostly asleep and put him down. Usually he'll drift off but sometimes he'll fuss and he'll either take a pacifer to settle or just comforting with voice and rubbing his belly. Other times I'll pick him up and nurse him more until he falls asleep.
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Both
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? Feed if it's time, verbally comfort/pacifer, or bounce to see if he needs burped. :)

• Options
    So I wanted to see if I could get some knowledge about how your babies are sleeping. We are currently struggling with naps and getting our LO down for the night so I wanted to see how many mamas are in the same boat. So here goes 1. LO Age: 5.5 weeks Daytime Sleep: 2. How many naps does your LO take? 4-5. He eats every 2.5-3 hours, so he naps between each feeding 3. How long do they last? He usually falls asleep eating. How long he sleeps depends on how long until I move, 5-30 minutes depending. I don't count that as a nap. Then he usually sleeps for the last 1-1.5 hours until his next feeding time 4. Where does your LO sleep? In the baby carrier or in his pack and play. He won't sleep for more than 30 minutes in the PnP 5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? We try to follow the eat-activity-sleep routine 6. Do you have a prenap routine? Swaddle, white noise, rock to sleep 7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? Asleep If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Try to get him to go back to sleep if he hasn't slept for long NightTime Sleep: 8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? 6-6:30 9. How long do they sleep for? 6-10, 10:30-1, 1:30-5. 10. Where does your baby sleep at night? Pack and play. We have a studio apartment, so it's in the same room but across the way 11. What's your bedtime routine? Swaddle, white noise, rock to sleep 12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep?asleep 13. What do you do if baby wakes up? Feed him or rock him back to sleep Sorry for the 20 questions but I am really curious how other babies are doing! Feel free to add your own questions as well!

• Options
    Daytime Sleep:
    3. How long do they last? 1-2 hours
    4. Where does your LO sleep? On my chest, in PNP or in his swing
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? Go with the flow, we are on his schedule!
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? No pre so routine
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? During the day asleep usually, sometimes he just gets fussy and I know it's time even though he fights it.
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Usually assume nap time is done unless he hasn't been asleep long
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? Usually between 10-12
    9. How long do they sleep for? Usually stretches of anywhere from 2-6 hours at a time just depends. And he usually gets up for the day around 8.
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? In his crib yah!!!!
    11. What's your bedtime routine? We time his bath around his next bottle and give him a bath before his bottle feed him, sometimes a book and then into the crib he goes. If it's not bath night, bottle then bedtime
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Usually just drowsy and he falls asleep on his own.
    Check if it's time to eat, check his diaper if it's not either of these things we usually let him cry for a minute and he will fall back asleep
  • Options

Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? 2-4
    3. How long do they last? 1-3 hours
    4. Where does your LO sleep? Normally he will fall asleep on me after a feeding then I will put him in the crib, bouncer/swing, or play mat
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? I let him sleep when he wants. Usually a late morning/early afternoon/early evening naps
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Not really
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? Both but I'm trying to put him down when he's drowsy
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? I let him fuss but will get him if it turns into a full on cry for a few minutes
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? Trying for 8-9
    9. How long do they sleep for? Usually 2.5 hours but sometimes less or up to 3.5
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? Right now the pack and play in our room
    11. What's your bedtime routine? Change diaper, apply night time lotion, feed, trying to read, then laying him down while drowsy
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Trying for drowsy so he isn't dependent on me to fall asleep
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? Let him fuss to see if he will go back to sleep but if it's been a couple hours he usually needs changed and fed

He's falling into a more predictable night schedule but he's off tonight. I'm afraid I will have a date with Netflix
  • Options
    yesipilayesipila member
    edited December 2015
    1. LO Age: 7 weeks 3 days
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take?
    About 3
    3-4hours
    P&P, Rocker, Swing, Bed, Crib
    No particular schedule. Although we try to stick to around the same time frame, but it doesn't always happen that way. She will nap either wsy.
    No routine.
    Both.
    Done for now because we get 3 to 4 hours
    NightTime Sleep:
    Between 8:30pm and 10pm
    11 to 12 hours. We wake her up in between to change and feed her. Otherwise she is a sleeper.
    Our bed and then her crib
    Bath/sponge bath, change diaper, put on fresh clothes (sing all the while & keep lights low), sometimes a story, lie down with mummy for a feeding (or a bottle with Daddy if Mummy is not there)then to the crib.
    Usually askeep
    Start singing, check diaper, tap baby. Hardly happens. She's a phenomenal sleeper. She's been sleeping long stretches since she was born.
  • Options
    Daytime Sleep:
    3. How long do they last? Up to 2 hours
    4. Where does your LO sleep? Rock and Play
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? She's put herself on a pretty consistent schedule but I just go with the flow.
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Bottle and rocking
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? Asleep. Drowsy does not work for us at this point.
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Depends on her cues. If her eyes are wide open nap time is over.
    NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? Ha! Between 11-12. Her fussy time lasts from about 7 pm til then with cat naps on and off.
    9. How long do they sleep for? 4 hours most of the time with the occasional "off" night
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? Rock and play
    11. What's your bedtime routine? Bottle, diaper/bath, rocking and white noise
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Asleep
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? Bottle of it's been at least 3 hours otherwise rocking and white noise
  • Options
    lindsayp916lindsayp916 member
    edited December 2015
    1. LO Age: 4.5 weeks
    Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? 4
    3. How long do they last? 1.5-2hrs
    4. Where does your LO sleep? in PNP
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? I'm using Babywise so we have a schedule, but I'm also flexible to disruptions and added hunger during growth spurts
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Lights off, white noise on, swaddle, hold and shush, put baby down sleepy
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? drowsy
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Depends on how long the nap has been. If its less than 1 hour I try to get her back to sleep, but for the most part she always sleeps at least 1.5 hrs, so its rarely a problem (unless mother in law is around- she woke baby up from naps the entire t-giving weekend, i wanted to strangle her!)

NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? Between 7:30 and 8pm
    9. How long do they sleep for? until around 2:30am, then sleeps til 7:30-8am
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? in her crib
    11. What's your bedtime routine? Lights out, change diaper, rub calming lotion on, swaddle, dad reads books to her, white noise on, shush and put down when sleepy
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? drowsy
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? check diaper- usually this is the only reason she wakes up out of the routine, but I look for hunger cues while changing her. If I thought she was hungry I would feed her.

People told me you can't sleep train until 3 months and I haven't found that to be the case- I started the eat-wake-sleep pattern from the beginning and consistently woke her up at 8am to start our day no matter when she ate last, and the schedule has fallen into place and she goes to sleep on her own great. I haven't had to use CIO at all so far, and I'm on the 10th day of a consistent repetitive eating and sleeping routine. (not counting the one day my mother in law sabotaged us!).
  • Options
    1. LO Age: 7 weeks 4 days

Daytime Sleep:
    2. How many naps does your LO take? 3-5
    3. How long do they last? 30 min- 3 hours
    4. Where does your LO sleep? Swing or on me
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? Go with the flow, if she eats and her diaper is changed and she is yawning a lot of getting fussy after playtime then it's time for a nap
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? Make sure she's changed and fed then wrap her in a soft blanket and take her into her room (where it's dark), turn on white noise and rock her until she's drowsy/asleep and put her into the swing and play some music
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? If on me she needs to be drowsy or asleep, if she's going into her swing then she can either go in wide awake or drowsy where she can look at the lights and mobile on the swing above her and it'll make her fall asleep on her own
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? Sometimes she will wake for a minute or two and wimper and fall back asleep.. If her cries get louder after a minute then I know she's awake for good if it's been longer than 30 minutes

NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? 9:30-10pm
    9. How long do they sleep for? Until 8-8:30am, but up about 3 times for a feed (or every 1.5-3.5 hours to eat)
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? On my chest or beside me in bed (halo sleep sack in my arms on top of my blanket), sometimes in her rock and play if we're lucky which was one time in the last 3 weeks!!
    11. What's your bedtime routine? 7:30pm we dim the lights and turn volume down on the tv/speak quieter, 8pm bath every 2-3 nights, otherwise at 8:30pm we do diaper change followed by a lavender lotion baby massage, change into a different sleeper and put her into her halo sleep sack (she hates to be swaddled), rock in the rocking chair and read a book or sing a song, feed, then rock her until she's tired in a room with white noise and the twilight ladybug shining stars on the ceiling (she loves looking at the stars), hand her off to daddy where he has her fall asleep on his chest in bed, when she has been sleeping for 20-30min he then transfers her to my chest where she will hopefully sleep.. By this time it's 9:30-10pm. Quite the routine but hopefully it'll be easier to get her to sleep as she gets older haha
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? Drowsy but she falls asleep on my husbands chest when he shushes her and pats her back
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? See if she needs to be fed again and then give her back to hubby to get her to fall asleep on his chest
  • Options
    8 weeks

Daytime Sleep:
    3. How long do they last? 30min-2.5hrs
    4. Where does your LO sleep? crib or swing
    5. Do you have them on a nap schedule or do you just go with the flow? Any patterns? try to follow eat,wake play
    6. Do you have a prenap routine? swaddle
    7. Does your baby go down to nap drowsy or asleep? both
    If baby wakes up do you try to get them to go back to sleep or do you assume nap time is done for now? try to go back to sleep if its not time to eat

NightTime Sleep:
    8. What time is baby going to bed for the night? 7:30
    9. How long do they sleep for? wakes at 12, then 3 or 4, wakes between 6-7 usually
    10. Where does your baby sleep at night? crib
    11. What's your bedtime routine? swaddle and bottle
    12. Do you put baby down drowsy or asleep? drowsy
    13. What do you do if baby wakes up? feed and back to bed