Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: How'd you get your middle name?

2»

Re: GTKY: How'd you get your middle name?

• AshVA said:
    My middle name is Nicole, like 80%* of the Ashleys born in the 80s. Of the remaining 20% of Ashleys, I believe 19.5% of them have the middle name Marie. *83% of all statistics are entirely made up.
    I actually do know an Ashley Nicole! I'm not a Nicole or Marie though. I have my mom's first name as my middle name. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Melissa, after my cousin.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm loving all these ideas for when its time to name our future baby! :)

My middle name is Clara, after my maternal's grandmother's first name.

In my family, it's normal to choose the middle name after the Godmother. But my parents had already given my paternal grandmother's name as a middle name to my other sister, which is my godmother, so they decided to give me my other grandmother's name to me.
    Me:29
    DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC#1: February 2015
  • Mine's Brina. My dad's name is Brian, so my mom wanted a feminine version of his name. My first name uses the first letter of her first name.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Mine is a family name from the 1800's. My dad liked Samantha. My mom liked Rachel. Since my first name starts with A, and my maiden name with S - My mom won by pointing out the monograming issues.

My first name is the real kicker though. My mom "just liked it" - there was a popular 1980's tv show with the name, so she assumed that was why she was drawn to it. Until after I was born, her sister commented "Oh! Wasn't that your high school / college boyfriend's sister's name?" Yes. Yes it was. Way to go Mom.