Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: How'd you get your middle name?

I'm bored out of my mind as DH watches Louis C.K. and laughs every two seconds.

SO....

What's your middle name and why did your parents choose that name for you? 

Mine is Jayne, because my (at the time 19-year-old) parents conceived me to the song "The Ballad of Jayne"
Creative? Embarrassing? Something they should've never told me? Yes, to all of the above. 

Re: GTKY: How'd you get your middle name?

• My middle name is Rae. I was named after my grandfather and father. Their first name is Ray (my dad is a jr.). But my parents spelled it the female way. I used to not like my middle name, but now I love it. I even plan on my daughter having that middle name (if I conceive a girl that is).
  • My middle name is Mikelle (like michelle buy pronounced with a K). My mom wanted to name me Michael, male OR female. My dad didn't like it so they met in the middle after they decided on my fist name.

DH is Lee, which is his Dad's Mom's maiden name.

I love both Jayne (love the spelling ) and Rae! @Journogrl23 @Kjcalloway
  • Loading the player...
  • Elaine. After one of my great grandmothers :smiley:
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Thank you @SDSwenson

DH's is Patrick, and his family has a tradition of naming the first son Patrick. Sooooooooo if we ever have a boy, his name will be Jackson Patrick. 
  • Marie and Lynn are the popular middle names for women in my family. My aunt, grandma, great aunt, a few cousins and I all have the same middle name.
  • "Ann." I was named after both parents, my mom's middle name (but the name she goes by) is also my middle name.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Mine is Kay. I don't think there was a particular reason for it.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I don't have one! Ha!
  • kgm92kgm92 member
    edited November 2015
    Ellen. (: It's my grandmother's middle name. Most of the middle names in my family are passed down/family names and I would love to continue the tradition!

@mrsdee15That's my mom's middle name too!

Edit: spelling
    Me: 23 | DH: 25
    Married: June 2014 
    TTC #1

• edited November 2015
    My middle name is Joyce, which is my grandmother's middle name. I loved sharing this with her, I was the only one she shared this with so it made me feel super special.

I'd love to either pass this down or allow for my daughter and her only grandmother (my MIL) to share a middle name (beth) so they can enjoy the special bond that my grandmother and I had. If we were to have a boy, middle name would for sure be John, after my late grandfather... We were extremely close. It gets so damn tricky picking out first names when you already have middle names!

@Kjcalloway I love the spelling!

Edit to add
    @m6agua I love the name Kay and would use it if I wasn't so stuck on the family name. It's my best friends middle name, we are more like sisters, since middle school.

@kgm92 an early childhood friend of mines mom Was named Ellen and she was super fab... Totally "the fun mom" and was so pretty! For the longest time I would name my baby dolls Ellen bc of this.... So weird, I know. I guess I just equated the name with fabulousness! Lol!

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• @JournoGrl23, my bestfriend's middle name is Rae!

Mine is Lacee, which is actually what I've always gone by, and I think it was just because my mom liked it.
    I get my first name, Karen, from Mom's aunt and Dad's sister. So it has much more meaning behind it than my middle name. 
    TTGP February Sig Challenge- Valentine's Day Fail:

Me: 25 - DH: 30
    Dating: 5/9/2010
    Married: 5/9/2015
    TTC #1: October 2015

• @JournoGrl23 my neice's middle name is Rea and her mother's (my sister) is Ellen @kgm92 !!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• MrsDho11MrsDho11 member
    edited November 2015
    The middle name my parents gave me meant nothing, they just made it up because it sounded good. That wouldn't have bothered me except for the fact that all three of my siblings were named after someone. And my mom is one of NINE, so it isn't like there weren't options!

When I got married, I moved my maiden name to my middle name so that it *would* mean something. And I ditched the meaningless name.

I swear I told my family, but they all forgot and I found out after having been married a couple years that none of them remembered this. My parents oddly weren't really fans of it, and my brother and sister-in-law were disappointed because they'd given my niece (who was born after the name change) the same middle name. She wasn't *really* named after me anyway though, it had more to do with SIL's father, so I try not to let that bug me too much.

Eta: spelling & clarity
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• My middle name is Nicole. My parents just liked it, and wanted it as a first name. Both parents have names that are commonly shortened into middle names without their consent and it drives my dad crazy. His name is David, and he goes by David, but people always call him Dave. He didn't want people to automatically call me Nikki. So it moved to my middle name and I got a short and sweet non nickname-able first name.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you! @SDSwenson
    @GreatGigInTheWomb and @AmMcc12 that's awesome! I never realized how popular of a name it is.
  • Mine means nothing. My name was supposed to be Amanda Lynn. But when I was born my mom freaked out saying i didn't look like an Amanda. So my name was a spur of the moment decision that had no meaning behind it. I have the same middle name as an aunt but it wasn't intentional.
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Crowqueen03Crowqueen03 member
    edited November 2015
    Mine is Brittine (Brittany).I have no idea why the hell my mom wanted to spell it that way.
    TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart

• Mine is Alexeyevna. I got it because my dad's name is Alexey. In Eastern European languages, patronymics range from commonplace to mandatory. For men, the endings -ich, -evich, or -ovich are appended to the father's name. For women, it's -yevna, -ovna, or -ichna. :)
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     

• Mine is Jayne, because my (at the time 19-year-old) parents conceived me to the song "The Ballad of Jayne"
    Creative? Embarrassing? Something they should've never told me? Yes, to all of the above. 

Is it weird that the first thought in my head way Firefly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ5m4btECM), instead of L.A. Guns? I actually had to look it up to make sure. Either way, it's a fantastic name.
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • @DarthFuriosa if my parents conceived me to that song, I'd be worried about their romantic baby-making song choices. Luckily enough, L.A. Guns was all they had in the tape deck! 
  • Mine is Illianne - greek origin (pronounced Illyanna) although no apparent reason as to why - they just liked it :)

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine is Hart. It is my grandmother's middle name and her grandmother's maiden name. I hope I have a daughter I can pass it on to.
  • Mine is Gayle. I have a sneaking suspicion it is in honor of singer Crystal Gayle, although this has never been confirmed.
  • @Cort1021 and @JournoGrl23 I love Hart and Rae! What pretty middle names! 

I was never given a middle name, no one in my family has a middle name so it wasn't weird for us. When I was little though, I started telling people it was Alyson, I guess I wanted a middle name and that's the one I chose! Now though, my maiden name is my middle name and I love it. It's my mom's maiden name, kind of a unique last name and I was the last one in line (my family is basically all female so the name keeps getting "married out"!), so I'm happy to carry it on even after marriage and hopefully hand it down to one of my children as their middle name. 
  • I was born near Christmas. My middle name is Natalie which is related to nativity.
  • @JournoGrl23 my middle name is Rae as well, and it was also after my grandfather! Growing up I HATED it, I used to dream of changing it when I got older, but as I got older I came to love it and now I also plan on using it if we have a daughter. It's now become one of the more popular middle names, which is crazy because when I was younger I never met anyone else who had it.

• @JournoGrl23 are you me??? My middle name was also Rae, with almost the exact same story. My maternal grandfather was Ralph (Ray for short), my uncle's middle name is Ralph, and my cousin is Ray. When I came along, my parents decided to just go with the trend.

I just completed my post-wedding name change, so now Rae is gone, and my maiden name is my new middle name. I already miss Rae. She was so quirky and fun!
  • Ugh, the post above (Knottie whatever) was me... TB doesn't post anything I write on mobile under my real username.  Sorry yall.
  • My middle name is Maureen, it wasn't chosen for meaning. My mom said it just came to her when she saw me.  But I believe I have an aunt or great aunt with the same middle name.

#1 DS Apr.2010    #2 DD Feb.2013    #3 DS Sept.2016

• Mine is Lynn. It's also my mom's middle name. DH has a similar thing going on (his dad's first name is his mn). We decided that was kind of a dumb tradition, so we went for something completely different with DS.
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My middle name is Marie. Its been in the family about 4 or 5 generations. If I ever have a DD I will be sure to make sure her middle name is not Marie. I've always felt like it was a little bland plus we aren't even close with that side of my family.
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • @SLou24 thank you!
    @Bookhousegirl and @LINDSEYRVA that's awesome! I can't believe we all have the same middle name and were named after family members. I've never met someone with my middle name until this thread. It's definitely become a popular middle name it looks like!
  • SLou24 said:
    @Cort1021 and @JournoGrl23 I love Hart and Rae! What pretty middle names! 

I was never given a middle name, no one in my family has a middle name so it wasn't weird for us. When I was little though, I started telling people it was Alyson, I guess I wanted a middle name and that's the one I chose!

This just reminded me of my brother when we were little, he is the only one without a middle name so he game himself one too! He middle named himself 'cool' - Nicholas 'Cool' Surname....he genuinely tried to convince everyone that it was real.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @AshVA yep, I know at least 4 Ashley Nicoles.   You're in good company with some lovely ladies, though!

@bookhousegirl @JournoGrl23 that's a crazy coincidence!  I actually have met a couple of Lindsey Raes before.  But I've had a lot of jobs where I had to ID people :)
  • edited November 2015
    Ashley Nichole.... ashley from a soap opera. Nichole apparently was the common middle name. At least mama spelled it differntly.

I was going to be a Louvenia Rose after my great grandma, with Ashley being so popular I kinda wish my parents had named me that
  • Mine is Leigh. It didn't come from anywhere as far as I know, my parents just liked it I guess.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Love reading all about your middle names (or lack of!).

My middle name is 'Averil' after my maternal grandmother <3 I love that it made my initials K.A.T

When I got married I made my last name my second middle name, so I kept the letters :D But now I'm K.A.T.H 

I will pass on my middle name should I ever be blessed with a daughter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    My Chart ::::: My Blog
    Married since July 2008
    MC Nov 2011 || MMC Jan 2013 || MC Jun 2013 || Baby Boy April 2014 || MMC Dec 2014 || MMC Apr 2015
    Diagnosed Jan 2016 as having been infertile due to scarring since last MMC.
    Diagnosed 2016 with Lupus.
  • Mine is Lynn. Not sure how or why that is my middle name. I have tried asking my biological mom years ago (when I was still talking to her) but she changed her answer about 4 times. 
    Me:27 | DH: 26
    Married: 7/26/14
    NTNP since: September '15
    TTC #1: October '15
  • Mine is Elizabeth. Also a family name, my grandmother's middle name. I've always loved it and plan to use it if we have a girl. 
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016