December 2015 Moms

toddler reactions

Did anyone's toddler get super clingy before the baby came or act strange in any way? I'm just curious, feel free to share their reactions after the baby came as well!

Re: toddler reactions

• Yes!! My 20 month old DD has been incredibly clingy and is having some sleep regression as of lately. Trying to love her up as much as I can before the new LO gets here. This will be my first time leaving her over night since she's been born! I will update on her behavior when her little sister makes her arrival.
  • My super active two year old son has been more than content sitting on the couch cuddling with me the past couple of days. I enjoying these snuggles since I'm being induced Monday and know that he will not have my full attention anymore.
  • Loading the player...
  • FTM..but my nephew was VERY clingy this past weekend. He is only 9 months! We would sit on the couch together and he'd lay his head on belly lol it was adorable.
  • For the last few months my 13 month old has been very clingy and snuggly with me. He's normally very active and independent but would want to just lay over my lap and snuggle my belly for long periods.

Now that his sister is here he goes back and forth. He goes back and forth between wanting me to himself and being clingy and cranky when he can't snuggle me without her there (especially while I'm feeding her). Then other times he's completely fascinated with her and will just watch her. Last night he offered her a piece of his pizza. This kid does not share food so it was a huge deal for him and incredibly sweet.

I didn't think about it until reading what @AlexandriaNewton posted but he's been really regressing with his sleep the last couple weeks. It started about the time I stopped being able to pick him up and carry him at all.
  • My 2 year old is always pretty clingy to me but it increased lately. I'm hoping that it was just because my husband spent 6 weeks out of town on business. He's been back a couple weeks now and my son is starting to let Daddy do more things for him without fussing. I'm hoping that will continue since Daddy will be taking toddler duty for the bulk of his paternity leave.

I think that he's excited to be a big brother so hopefully the transition will go well. He hugs, kisses, sings and tells jokes to my belly. We bought some swaddle blankets today and I swaddled his Pooh Bear to show him how his brother would be wrapped. Then, he wanted his toy airplane swaddled too, and he carried it around like a baby.
  • Okay most of these sum up my almost 3 year old! He has probably only successfully slept with me 2 times, one of which he had an ear infection and he crawled into our bed the other night! So unlike him, he likes to sleep by himself and everything is mommy lately! I feel so bad for SO, I think he's getting jealous of the snuggles I get, LO isn't much of a snuggler. I'm curious to see how he'll act with the new baby, a little nervous the clinginess will only get worse but we'll see!
  • Well the clinginess didn't get worse thank goodness! But when will he snap out of not listening and just being plain mean! He's great with his sister but isn't a fan of mommy or daddy, his sleep regression isn't helping either. We're all exhausted, definitely makes for interesting days.
  • My 4 year old has been a NIGHTMARE. He is normally the sweetest, most well-behaved kid. He's gotten extremely stubborn and won't listen. He can still be so sweet, and will talk to baby sister in my belly. But everything is a struggle lately. Ugh. Really hoping it doesn't keep up once baby is born or I will seriously lose it!
  • My 3yo has been very clingy for the past month or so. He's excited about the new baby, and based on his reactions to other babies at his daycare and times I've held other babies, I think he'll do just fine. However, he always wants to be held, cries a lot over silly things, and just plain whiny and bratty. I hope it gets better soon. He's not usually like this.