January 2016 Moms
Options

Hair dryer for little bums.

Am I the only one who uses a small hair dryer set to cool to dry little bums after a change. Cool on my dryer is just barley warm and dd loved it. I'd use it after baths too. I've only ever heard of one other mom who did. She was hair dresser lol. I swear to you my dd never had a diaper rash.

Re: Hair dryer for little bums.

• Options
    Luckily, we never had a problem with rash either. I had a grovia Magic bum stick that worked like... Well, magic. We usually let DD sit for a minute while we did post-bath prep work so she was typically bone-dry by the time we put a diaper on, anyway. We ended up with pee on the floor a few times, but oh, well. :)
  • Options
    My MIL always used a dryer for after bath with her babies and I kind of picked up the habit when ds was little and still in diapers. My 20 year old BIL still does it after a shower so I guess some people just like to be dry, haha.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just Bambo diapers and a little preventative natural diaper rash cream keeps the bums happy in my house. But I love the idea. It sounds really pleasant.
  • Options
    This sounds like too much of a hassle haha. Not to mention the changing table isn't big enough to hold anything other than the wipes and changing pad!
  • Options
    My MIL always used a dryer for after bath with her babies and I kind of picked up the habit when ds was little and still in diapers. My 20 year old BIL still does it after a shower so I guess some people just like to be dry, haha.
    That's hilarious! 

My LO room was fairly warm, even in winter, so I liked to let him do some naked tummy time, or just let him sit around naked before I put on his diaper. I felt that this was sufficient to dry him up and we never had dampness related rash issues (we had issues with reactions to diaper creams and laundry detergents). I would let him sit/ lie on the floor on a large cloth diaper or old receiving blanket to catch any accidents. 

Not sure I will have as much free time to let the new baby chill out naked while I chase my 4 year old, but we'll see.
  • Options
    I use a hairdryer on my 2 yr old every morning. After sitting in a wet diaper for who knows how long, it really helps keep the diaper rash away. He is very prone to diaper rash, so anything I can do to help prevent is worth it.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Wow, tmi about the gym lady. I will think twice when I see blow dryers in hotels and what not. My mom just thinks I'm wired for blow drying baby bums. Nice to know its not just me and the hair dresser lady.
  • Options
    babybluubabybluu member
    edited November 2015

I wonder if this luxurious habit may follow you into adulthood. A lady at my gym blowdries her enormous bush and crotch with the public hair blower after her shower every day.

Wow I totally read that as "pubic hair blower" and I was like why does your gym have a hair blower just for pubes?

Still. Gross.