April 2016 Moms

Discomfort

This is my second baby, and I do not remember being this uncomfortable this early with DS. I had tons of BH at about 13 weeks with him, but it was not a general discomfort until the third trimester. Anyone else already constantly feeling uncomfortable? The next time I see my doctor is in two weeks, so I'll talk to her about it then, but I'm just hoping I'm not the only one.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Discomfort

• kalanieileenkalanieileen member
    edited November 2015
    You're definitely not alone. I haven't felt BH yet but I am definitely uncomfortable. There is a thread on this first page labeled "Braxton hicks already?" And there are women posting about the earliest times they've felt BH. You will find some comfort there.

Edit because major grammar fail.
  • @fbanke42 i posted somethings recently about BH. Ill be 19 wks tomorrow and started having them earlier this week. I am a FTM and uncomfortable if i walk too much or stand too long. Like if gravity is pulling the baby down adding more pressure on my hips. I got meds for the BH but this discomfort only goes away with rest. Like the baby moves upwards.
  • Loading the player...
  • The discomfort is not BH. It just feels when I was 8/9 months pregnant with DS. BH are their own separate thing. I just hate feeling like I did at the end when I'm only halfway through.

I'm going to make an appointment with a chiropractor to see if maybe helping my back and hips will relieve some general discomfort.

Anniversary

• kalanieileenkalanieileen member
    edited November 2015
    fbanke42 said:

The discomfort is not BH. It just feels when I was 8/9 months pregnant with DS. BH are their own separate thing. I just hate feeling like I did at the end when I'm only halfway through.

I'm going to make an appointment with a chiropractor to see if maybe helping my back and hips will relieve some general discomfort.

Oh I see what you're saying, I mis read your post the first time.

Yeah, I'm terribly uncomfortable. My back is in constant pain, my leg gives out from sciatica, I feel like I can't breathe half of the time. My OB recommended some stretches for back pain and sciatica, and then said she would give me a recommendation for a chiro to align my hips if needed.
  • fbanke42 said:

The discomfort is not BH. It just feels when I was 8/9 months pregnant with DS. BH are their own separate thing. I just hate feeling like I did at the end when I'm only halfway through.

Oh I see what you're saying, I mis read your post the first time.

Yeah, I'm terribly uncomfortable. My back is in constant pain, my leg gives out from sciatica, I feel like I can't breathe half of the time. My OB recommended some stretches for back pain and sciatica, and then said she would give me a recommendation for a chiro to align my hips if needed.
    I didn't word it properly. Pregnancy brain will be the death of me. I can barely put two things together.

Anniversary

• babywink123babywink123 member
    edited November 2015
    I am 20 weeks and I am super uncomfortable !! I can hardly move sometimes, I feel like im 35 weeks haha !! My hips have been the most painful...the pain wakes me up in the middle of the night and I feel as if my legs are being ripped from me!! I feel ur pain :((
  • I'm right there with you, girl! This is my second pregnancy as well and I feel like my body is falling apart. I'm talking constant back pain, pelvic aching, BH, lightning/heavy crotch! Ugh. I didn't start feeling this way until 36 weeks last time! Glad you asked this. I've been wondering if I'm the only one.

Me: 23 Hubby: 26
    Married: April 2011
    Son: May 2014
    Baby #2 Due: April 4th, 2016
  • Can you get a prenatal massage? Or maybe find a prenatal yoga class that will help with stretching etc?
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Can you get a prenatal massage? Or maybe find a prenatal yoga class that will help with stretching etc?

I would love to do something like that, but right now money is really tight. When I was about 2 months along, I badly broke one of my fingers, which is costing my $3k in medical bills and left me out of work for about 12 weeks with only 75% of my normal pay. Any extra money is going towards that, the hospital bill that we'll have with baby, and a deposit for a house/apartment. We've had terrible luck this last year, and something always comes up to decimate our savings.

I still do not have full use of my hand, so I have not tried to do any yoga at home yet. I did yoga when I was pregnant with DS for most of the second trimester, and I'm hoping I can try to do it from home this time around once I can physically handle it.

Anniversary

• This is my second baby, too, and I'm in the same boat. No Braxton hicks, but my stomach just hurts. DS is carrying way lower than DD, so I'm sure my belly is adjusting to that. I've also had the sciatica and restless legs really badly over the holiday! Kept hoping that the chiropractor's office was open! I'll be there first thing Monday! I also got a belly bra kinda thing to help support it. DS had popped my belly out a whole lot sooner, too, but I hear that's a 2nd baby thing.
  • melandyga said:

This is my second baby, too, and I'm in the same boat. No Braxton hicks, but my stomach just hurts. DS is carrying way lower than DD, so I'm sure my belly is adjusting to that. I've also had the sciatica and restless legs really badly over the holiday! Kept hoping that the chiropractor's office was open! I'll be there first thing Monday! I also got a belly bra kinda thing to help support it. DS had popped my belly out a whole lot sooner, too, but I hear that's a 2nd baby thing.

I noticed that I started showing a lot and early this time around. I keep forgetting that it's a second time pregnancy thing. I kept thinking it was because I lost a lot of weight between kids, and this baby doesn't have the cushion to hide behind that DS did.

Anniversary

• My first pregnancy I felt awesome right up until delivery. The second time around I started feeling terrible right around 20 weeks. My hips/back/pubic area gave me tons of pain in spite of regular chiropractic care, and toward the end I had awful swelling in my feet and just general awfulness :(

This time around I'm trying not to push myself too much physically, in hopes of delaying or avoiding the bad back etc pain. We'll see...
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16