Baby Names

Girl/Boy Twins Need Help

I am 30 weeks with girl/boy twins. We just found out the sex a couple of days ago. We've been talking names for a long time and are not getting far. So far we're pretty sure we have our girl name, but we need help with the boy.   
So, help us name Miss Aria's twin brother. My current list is (in no real order)

Evander
Dax
Corwin
Emery
Paxton
James
Knox
Cooper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Girl/Boy Twins Need Help

• edited November 2015
    Emery James is my choice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you up for other suggestions?

• James or Cooper
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • g8trkim said:
    Are you up for other suggestions?
    yup

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • James.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • James
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • From that list? James beyond a shadow of a doubt.
  • Conky3000Conky3000 member
    edited November 2015
    I would go for something non-traditional with Aria, so I vote for Dax or Knox or maybe Evander. James and Cooper are nice, but they're too standard for a non-standard name like Aria.

I'm big on sibling names going together. James is one of my favourite boy names, but I think it needs a more traditional/classic sibling name with it, so if Aria is the name you're set on, I wouldn't pick anything traditional/classic for her brother.
  • I take no credit, as I just typed all your kids names in Nymbler and shared my favorites. LOL

Levi
    Luca
    Dillon
    Jasper
    Theo
    Miles
    Roman
    Declan
    Julian
    Elias
    Jonah
    Gideon

Of your choices, I only care for James which doesn't seem to fit well with your sibset. However, I think it would be a great MN.

• Aria & James. 

• I vote James. While I love Aria it's one of the most trendy names out there right now so I think the simple James pairs nicely. Most of the others are very very trendy as well and as a set will be dated in a few years.

• bbiutmcph said:
    I vote James. While I love Aria it's one of the most trendy names out there right now so I think the simple James pairs nicely. Most of the others are very very trendy as well and as a set will be dated in a few years.
               I agree
  • James Cooper

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I like Knox but I would not personally choose t. I'd go with James is I was you!
  • I like the name Cooper, as well. I know I meta little boy with the name "Cooper Dax" awhile back. Knox sort of reminds me of Knoxville, actually. :smile: But hey. If you like it, that's all that matters! But Aria seems to go well with the names James, and Cooper.

Narrowing it all down, I would go for James!
  • Keep: Evander, Corwin, Emery, James
    Toss: Dax, Paxton, Knox, Cooper
    Add: Alec, Bryan, Calvin (nn Cal), Colton, Conan, Frank, Hudson, Jack, Kane, Marc, Oliver, Parker, Preston, Raleigh, Rollin, Ross, Terrell

• I like cooper but maybe I'm biased because it reminds me of agent cooper from twin peaks :-) my second would be James
  • Cooper had to leave our list. I mentioned it to DH and he seriously thought I was saying Pooper for 5 minutes. Now I can't get the association out of my mind. Poor kid would have too easy of a name to be picked on and I just can't do that to him. Keep the suggestions coming. 

**I did just find out that James (Jim) has a bit of family history and special meaning for DH, so that might influence things a bit. 
  • Definitely James. :)
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • aprilbaby2014aprilbaby2014 member
    edited December 2015
    Evander - no
    Dax - I like for MN since I love Dax Shepard
    Corwin - Replace with Corbin
    Emery - I know too many little girls to like this
    Paxton - Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt all the way, so no
    James - yes
    Knox - refer to Paxton
    Cooper - yes
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Since you'll be saying their names together for...probably their whole lives....I like the flow of "Dax and Aria" or "Aria and Emery" best. Emery James sounds nice too (or maybe Emerson nn Emery). Did you have a middle name for aria?
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • James is my favorite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Jyoung327 said:
    Since you'll be saying their names together for...probably their whole lives....I like the flow of "Dax and Aria" or "Aria and Emery" best. Emery James sounds nice too (or maybe Emerson nn Emery). Did you have a middle name for aria?
    We do not currently have her middle name, though we did decide on Blake for her brother's name. Not even on the list,but it's really grown on us. So Aria and Blake.

• Evander -- not terrible, but I don't think it particularly goes with your other kids' names.
    Dax -- sounds like a NN, also the name of the German stock exchange.
    Corwin -- Really like -- my top choice from your list.
    Emery -- want to love it, but makes me think of nail files every time.
    Paxton -- pretentious
    James -- good and solid
    Knox -- a last name, also one of Brangelina's kids has this name, making it celebritrendy.
    Cooper -- a last name, but not terrible.  Not as good as Evander.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade