Pregnant after a Loss

Announced to my family yesterday and today

I bit the bullet and told our families during thanksgiving. They were all so happy and excited which was nice. I almost couldn't get the words out of my mouth. They felt like a lump in my throat. And then all I wanted to do was assume the fetal position and cry. What is wrong with me?!?!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Announced to my family yesterday and today

• Aw why did you feel like crying? I'm glad they were all excited for you! That's great news:)
  • Proud of you for telling them!! It's so scary but exciting all at once. Your sense were overwhelmed!
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know why I felt like crying. I think you're right, I'm just overwhelmed with every emotion. Plus the hormones. The crying for no reason hormones kicked in a few days ago. I'm just terrified of losing another baby. I've celebrated too many times only to have to take it back. But woohoo for 10 weeks today!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm proud of you. It's really scary and saying it out loud, the more people who know makes it even more scary. At least you'll have more support now!
  • I totally understand this. We told most family and friends yesterday and did a gender reveal. I found the whole thing COMPLETELY overwhelming. I could barely sleep last night and I cried for about an hour this morning. It was just all so much after holding it in for so long. I was also due with my first baby this week, so it's been emotional for me as it is. Telling people about this new miracle made me feel guilty like we are forgetting our angel. I also had this overwhelming sense of paranoia that now that we've told most people and actually started planning/buying a few things something is bound to go wrong. I know it's not rational, but I think our fears are valid. I keep telling my husband "I'm allowed to feel sad (or scared depending on the day)".

... This was not a very helpful post, sorry! I'm proud of you for saying the words out loud and completely understand how you felt after!

• It's ok to feel whatever you feel--all of us, all of you. It's just totally different for someone who hasn't lost a pregnancy.

At almost 13 weeks, with a donor egg, I am still afraid to let the whole story out. Some people know, others don't. My mom, I think, is also traumatized by my MCs and doesn't want to get excited either. I mean, we are. But these losses ricochet around families, and it's so painful that the effects are lasting. I still analyze what happened with my last loss--was it bc I had a massage? was it the stomach flu I had? did I eat something wrong? was it really egg quality? I'm seeing a special infertility psych on Monday.

I think just keeping your spirits up and accepting where you are is paramount. There will be good moments and bad.

*****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • It is honestly so scary to tell people.  I completely understand this, we did our gender reveal at Thanksgiving dinner and my heart just sank, knowing the gender made it even more real than I was ready for. 
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"