April 2016 Moms
Options

Post-nasal drip

Hi, I am suffering with post-nasal drip. I have coughed non-stop for the last two days, to the point of being sick several times. Anybody else suffering with this? What can I do to help relieve these symptoms? Thank you!

Re: Post-nasal drip

• Options
    Netti pot
  • Options
    Thank you! I will try this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had this too, except I got a virus with it as well and ran a fever with body aches and chills. My doctor put me on a cough suppressant called Tesslon Perles and Robutussin, and said to take Claritin. So far no relief. However it helps to prop up if sleeping or make sure you're on your side if you find no other remedy to the symptoms.
  • Options
    I had this too and was waking up in coughing fits. Mine was related to my seasonal allergies being exacerbated by pregnancy so my doc recommended Zyrtec to clear my allergies and helps alleviate the post nasal drip. I took only 3 days of Zyrtec and it was enough to clear up my sinuses and help my throat heal. Haven't had to take it since then.

If you have seasonal allergies make sure to check with your doc first so they know you're on an allergy med if you wanna try it. Feel better!
  • Options
    I'm on day ten. Maybe 11. Monday will be 2 weeks and I am too tired to math now.

Mucinex is allowed and so are many allergy meds.
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses! My muscles hurt now from coughing so much! I'll look into those meds!
  • Options
    I've had constant drip since finding out I was preggers. I suffered through the first tri miserably and finally gave in and took Claritin (cleared by my OBGYN) and it has helped soooo much. I usually take it at night before bed so that the drip is not there when I wake up in the morning which was contributing to a lot of vomiting Hope yours gets better! It's a pretty common side effect of pregnancy!
  • Options
    Thank you - this is reassuring! I am constantly worrying about baby and is she's okay! I was worried about the coughing and vomitting, but if it's common that helps!
  • Options
    I've also had this problem for about 2 months now. It ultimately turned into a sinus infection that I had to take antibiotics to clear up. The infection cleared up, but I'm still suffering with a runny nose and congestion. Some days are better than others. The only thing I've found that gives me some relief is benadryl, which I take before going to bed. I don't think its going to go away completely until after birth, unfortunately. Hope you get some relief soon!