Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Travel anxiety

Hello. I will be taking lo on her first extended car trip in a few weeks by myself. The drive is about 4 1/2 hours. Not too long. I'm trying to figure out if 1. I should leave at night so she sleeps the whole way. 2. Go during her nap time so she's asleep a portion of the car ride. But my real anxiety is that she will stop breathing while we are in transit. I know that's crazy but I'm having these nightmares about it.

She is still in my room at night and I check her constantly. Lo is 3 months.

So question: is there some type of heart rate alarm that I can buy that is portable for the ride? And maybe to use once I move her to her room to quiet my anxiety. I've found a few but they are all over 100$. I think my dh would flip if i spent that. Lol. Tia
SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
 TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
 First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
DH's TESE surgery December 2013
First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
 Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
 Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
 Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
Baby Girl is due August 27th
Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

Re: Travel anxiety

• Wow I'm paranoid like that too...glad I'm not alone. Sometimes if he's too quiet in the car I reach back and rub his head and feel him move a little when im at a red light. He's sleeping better at night and I'm up more checking for his chest rise and fall. I don't really know what to say other than the odds of that happening are so low. I would say get the mirror to see him but my husband is a cop and says that those cause a lot of traffic accidents. Just don't use blankets or have any stuffed toys back there.
    Justone13
  • My dh is an officer too!!! I work in a 911 center so I hear horrible things. Insert paranoia. Lol.

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 

• Loading the player...
  • Justone13 said:

My dh is an officer too!!! I work in a 911 center so I hear horrible things. Insert paranoia. Lol.

God bless all LEO wives, we are blessed and cursed with knowing everything that happens in our cities and we deal with so much more worries than women with husbands with normal jobs. To top it off I'm a nurse in a hospital with a trauma center and have to hear about every toddler that falls down a flight of stairs among other horrible things. I will age terribly over the next 25 years or so.
    Justone13
  • Justone13 said:

My dh is an officer too!!! I work in a 911 center so I hear horrible things. Insert paranoia. Lol.

God bless all LEO wives, we are blessed and cursed with knowing everything that happens in our cities and we deal with so much more worries than women with husbands with normal jobs. To top it off I'm a nurse in a hospital with a trauma center and have to hear about every toddler that falls down a flight of stairs among other horrible things. I will age terribly over the next 25 years or so.
    Yes! Completely. I'm shooting for a groupon on Botox when I hit 40. Just saying.

Long of the Short:
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 

NurseRieger
  • LO slept 6 hours straight last night! Think I slept 6 hours. ..nah I kept waking up every hour or 2 checking on him. He sleeps in a dreamglider next to my bed and when he outgrows that I think I'll sleep on an air mattress next to his crib for a while. Mine is 3 months also. I was looking into the apnea monitors myself but I read about a lot of false alarms and my husband said he has heard of cases in which people had the monitor and by the time alarm goes off its too late so we're not getting one. Nice to hear someone's brain works like mine. I also have nightmares about alligators attacking! I live in south FL so it's not that crazy but still
    Justone13
  • LO slept 6 hours straight last night! Think I slept 6 hours. ..nah I kept waking up every hour or 2 checking on him. He sleeps in a dreamglider next to my bed and when he outgrows that I think I'll sleep on an air mattress next to his crib for a while. Mine is 3 months also. I was looking into the apnea monitors myself but I read about a lot of false alarms and my husband said he has heard of cases in which people had the monitor and by the time alarm goes off its too late so we're not getting one. Nice to hear someone's brain works like mine. I also have nightmares about alligators attacking! I live in south FL so it's not that crazy but still

Ahhhhh I had that happen too!!! I woke up in a panic. She was fine. Sleeping away. Lol. Ugh.

Long of the Short:
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 

NurseRieger
  • We have the snuza hero monitors. I think I found them on Amazon for around$90? They clip on baby's diaper and detect their belly moving as they breathe. If they don't move/breathe in 15 secs it vibrates to stimulate the baby to breathe. If they still don't move for another 5 secs it sets off an alarm to alert you. We bought them specifically bc they could be used anywhere like bassinet, RnP, crib, etc (i.e. Baby doesn't have to be lying on a mat like the Angel monitor) and bc I thought there would be less chance of a false alarm with no mat to move off of. I never thought about using them in the car! I also have mirrors for the backseat and I love them too.
    Justone13NurseRieger
  • @EmJ628 thank you!!

Long of the Short:
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600