March 2016 Moms

So much Hair!!

madisonand1madisonand1 member
edited November 2015 in March 2016 Moms
Over the last 2 -3 months ive noticed so much more hair all over my stomach. I have pcos aswell so i already have a bit of extra hair but its getting to the point i dont want anyone to look at my belly. Im blonde so the hair isnt dark but i was wondering if anyone else dealt with this and did it stay after pregnancy or did it go back to normal. ? Im not interested in shaving or waxing it cause im a little worried about when it grows back. Just more thinking of after babies here ?

Re: So much Hair!!

• Hi! Fellow PCOSer here so I've dealt with similar issues. I have a small amount of sparse but dense and dark hair below my belly button. I was going to integrate it in with my electrolysis for my chin (spare, but dense dark hairs there too!) but I got pregnant.
    Prior to pregnancy I used to shave it (again small patch) but when I started seeing my electrolysist she advised against that because women with PCOS need minimal stimulation to the hair folicle, otherwise your hairs could end up like mine and quite a bit thicker (I say dense) and darker. This takes YEARS to happen so don't worry short-term. But something to keep in mind if you have PCOS.
    I used to shave because I suck at waxing, and waxing was too expensive for me when I was a student and then just got into the routine. So I had been shaving for like 10+ years before I found a good electrolysist.
    If you're self conscious I'd suggest waxing but be thankful it's blonde! I'd wait to see what happens post-partum, hopefully it decrease but if it doesn't get better I'd go the waxing over shaving route. Hopefully it decreases, my tummy ones are about a dozen hairs but they're stubborn so I've been tweezing every 2 weeks (instead of shaving every other day) so I can zap those post partum!
  • I don't have PCOS and I still find myself getting hairy! I have 2 dumb little thick black hairs that are growing on my chin that I have to pluck out every few weeks. Also kind of got those "happy trail" hairs coming in too. They're very sparse, but yeah, they make me self conscious. I think my belly is getting more blonde hairs too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I do not have PCOS and my whole belly is super hairy! My mom couldn't get over it this week while I was there for thanksgiving. I read it's just all the extra hormones and what not and that old wives tales said that it was a boy. Lol. (Which is what I'm having) I was kind of hairy before but I'm REALLY hairy now. Don't know. Just chalking it up to hormones and letting it keep me warm! I have extra hair everywhere!
  • Okay, I totally didn't know this was a pregnancy symptom. I just thought I was crazy or weird.
    I've noticed that when I pull my shirt up, I have wiry white hair sticking out all over my belly. Most of them right below the belly button.
    I never noticed them before the belly grew, but I couldn't be sure they weren't already there before. 
    Now, I'm thinking it's a new thing the baby bestowed upon me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SavannahMariex really consider getting those few hairs zapped with electrolysis. If they're new you probably need to only do it a few times. You wouldn't need a long session (10-15 minutes), it might cost you $15-$20 max and they'd be gone forever. I started that way and wish I would have did it sooner.
  • hahah, I'm glad to hear some other ladies are getting harrier bellies too (: i know it's a normal pregnancy symptom (thanks hormones..), but holy does it suck! my SO tells me i have a "treasure trail" all the time. i just wanna punch him. I'm hoping after baby is born & my hormones settle down, it will go back to normal.
    but honestly, if it doesn't go away, I'll take a harrier belly over stretch marks any day!
  • Omg 'treasure trail' im sorry thats halarious! But yes id want to punch my partner too. Im dreading stretch marks i lather myself in creams constantly and my SO picks at me saying hes found stretch marks on me. So if i get hairy and not marks id be cheering . I guess they all just come with the gift though ☺
  • I don't have PCOS but I have notice a lot of hair on my stomach as well.
  • I have been lazy to shave down there and DH commented it's definitely not just a "not-shaving" thing. I also notice some fine hair on my tummy.  I'm quite hair-less to begin with so anything extra is quite noticeable.  Yes and I have stretch marks from first pregnancy already, so I don't doubt I will get more this time around. 
  • All of the hair in my body, including my head, has significantly slowed down growing. This seems weird to me, but whatever. I have always had a happy trail, and my hair is black and coarse. I didn't even know it was a symptom of pcos until a NP mentioned it when I went for an appointment about irregular cycles last year. Oh, hair.