April 2016 Moms

Ticker Change Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving Day (to a lot of us!)

Week/Fruit

Symptoms

Rants/Raves/Stories

Recent/Upcoming appointments

Questions

GTKY - if you're in the US, what is your favorite Thanksgiving food, and if not, what's your favorite food to eat at family gatherings?

Re: Ticker Change Thursday

• Week: 20/banana

Symptoms: Leg cramps and lower back pain (ugh!).

Rants/Raves/Stories: Poor DH. Last night I was up about two hours later than I usually am, and I was just exhausted. (Of course) I was suddenly hungry when I was finally ready for bed, and made some toast with apple butter. I tried to get DH to try some, and he didn't want to. So I bawled. Yeah.

Recent/Upcoming appointments: Just a regular visit on December 11th.

Questions: None this week!

Favorite Thanksgiving food: Either homemade cranberry sauce or pickled watermelon rind. Mmmm! I'm the only one who likes it, so all for me!
  • Week: 20/Banana

Symptoms: Heartburn and itchy legs

Rants/Raves/Stories: one of my students with high behaviors is starting to make some positive gains in the classroom! I'm feeling less stressed and better about my job.

Recent/Upcoming appointments: December 8th....anatomy scan.

Questions: is it still okay to sleep on your stomach and what to all expect at an Anantomy scan?

Thanksgiving food: Broccoli Casserole
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/Fruit: 18/Sweet potato

Symptoms: none

Rants/Raves/Stories: we already know the gender and waiting till Christmas to announce is killing me!

Recent/Upcoming appointments: A/S on the 10th.

Questions: none

GTKY - if you're in the US, what is your favorite Thanksgiving food, and if not, what's your favorite food to eat at family gatherings?
    ~Sweet potato pie with marshmallows on top!
  • Happy Thanksgiving Day (to a lot of us!)

Week/Fruit: 20/ banana

Symptoms: still throwing up, get exhausted fast

Rants/Raves/Stories: I'm boring :)

Recent/Upcoming appointments: Monday! Anatomy scan!

GTKY - if you're in the US, what is your favorite Thanksgiving food, and if not, what's your favorite food to eat at family gatherings? CHEESY POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!
  • @BreannaaaMarieee I may have said this already but we are due date buddies! April 28th?!

Happy Thanksgiving Day To everyone celebrating today! What a great day of eating for pregnant women :)

Week/Fruit: 18/sweet potato

Symptoms: mostly GI related... So much gas and cramping I guess because baby is reorganizing my insides.. Bleh. Starting to have some trouble sleeping and feel hungry 24/7.

Rants/Raves/Stories: I love thanksgiving and I'm not afraid to say I'm really going to miss drinking wine today!!!

Recent/Upcoming appointments: Dec 1, anatomy scan!

Questions: none I don't think.

GTKY - if you're in the US, what is your favorite Thanksgiving food, and if not, what's your favorite food to eat at family gatherings?: I'm actually not a huge fan of thanksgiving dinner food, but my MIL makes an array of amazing appetizers that we start eating around 1pm and they are delish!! She also makes grasshopper pie (one of the many dessert pies we have) and its going to take a lot of restraint for me to actually share it with others today! :)

• Happy Thanksgiving!

Week/Fruit - 20/banana

Symptoms - hungry and tired (but getting better)

Rants/Raves/Stories - I'm having twins and one of the babies has a two vessel cord (normal is 3) which means they will monitor him extra closely to make sure he's getting enough nutrients. He's measuring 1oz smaller than his brother and I'm already worrying. I'm anxious to see how their weights compare to each other next time. If the gap continues to grow I know it's going to weigh on me (no pun intended!).

Recent/Upcoming appointments - a little less than 2 weeks. I go every two weeks to monitor their growth because they are twins in the same placenta.

Questions - I've got nothing.

GTKY - STUFFING!!
  • @BreannaaaMarieee apparently I'm obsessed with you today lol but also meant to say in my earlier post that we have known the gender for 6 weeks and are FINALLY telling family today through gender reveal cupcakes. It's been so hard not letting it slip and I can't wait for everyone to kn
    @tmoe0627 I still sleep on my stomach kind of - I do like a half side half stomach sleep. It's actually starting to get uncomfortable to be on my stomach so that kind of forced me to finally switch it up. From what I've heard from others (there's a thread on this btw) you can sleep on your stomach as long as it's comfortable.

For the anatomy scan, My understanding is it's a more in depth ultrasound where the look at all the major organs and measure them to make sure everything is developing properly. They can also usually identify the sex and long as the baby cooperates! STMs and people who have already had their scan can probably give a more accurate description!

• Poppy16Poppy16 member
    edited November 2015
    Week/Fruit: 21/Pomegranate (How is that bigger than a banana??)

Symptoms: Same as the last few weeks, just tired all the time and hungry.

Rants/Raves/Stories: Nothing exciting happened this week!

Recent/Upcoming appointments: I had an uneventful appointment last Friday. Good blood pressure, good heartbeat. 

Questions:  I got freaked out the past 2 days because I hadn't felt the baby move very much, after feeling her be very active throughout the day for the past few weeks. I kept laying down and poking my belly, but would just get a faint kick in response. Then last night I got a huge kick that alarmed me, and since then she's been normally active (even had the hiccups this morning, which she usually does in the morning). Maybe she was just having a growth spurt and sleeping a lot the past few days?

GTKY - if you're in the US, what is your favorite Thanksgiving food, and if not, what's your favorite food to eat at family gatherings?: It's a toss up between pumpkin pie and stuffing. I could eat a whole plate of stuffing, but I love my pie. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Week/Fruit: 20

Symptoms: Hunger, back pain

Rants/Raves/Stories: Still not sure if I have baby kicks yet....

Recent/Upcoming appointments: December 1 anatomy scan

Questions: NA

GTKY - if you're in the US, what is your favorite Thanksgiving food, and if not, what's your favorite food to eat at family gatherings? Stuffing and bread rolls. I love bread.

I do the half-stomach sleep too! Very comfortable.
  • edited November 2015
    @spatter1 yes! I'm due the 28th! It'll be interesting to see if we give birth that day, before, or after! We will definitely have to keep each other updated since we're due date buddies! Haha, it's okay! My MIL is taking our gender reveal pictures for us; we will be sitting in front of the fireplace and Christmas tree that will be decorated blue for boy! I haven't decided if I want a bow or ribbon or what for my belly yet!?

Edited to add congrats on telling your family today! How exciting! I can't wait to announce. It's driving me crazy.
  • Week/Fruit: 20/banana

Symptoms: it's been a rough week with the carpal tunnel syndrome

Rants/Raves/Stories: I'm being really lame about revealing the sex of our baby (boy #3). I was going to do it today but wasn't feeling it. I feel like my whole family (who have been praying for a girl) are going to take it as a huge bummer. I'm still visiting family so maybe tomorrow...

Recent/Upcoming appointments: Next OB appt in 2 weeks.

GTKY - if you're in the US, what is your favorite Thanksgiving food, and if not, what's your favorite food to eat at family gatherings: sweet potato pie

@tmoe0627 The anatomy scan is just a longer u/s (30-45 mins). The tech measures all the bones and organs and checks the function of the heart, brain, and umbilical cord. They get a good estimate of size from all the measurements. You can count fingers and possibly toes. If all is well from this point things will be about growth.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BreannaaaMarieee such a cute reveal idea!! We did cupcakes that were pink on the inside :) everyone seemed excited!! Then the name game started and it was all downhill from there!

I know, for some reason I feel like she'll end up being a May baby but I don't know why!! Can't wait to see what actually happens for us!

• @spatter1 thank you! I can only imagine how exciting that was!! I'm hoping he comes just in time lol!
  • Week/Fruit: 18 / mango

Symptoms: I can't eat much without feeling full very quickly, loss of appetite/aversions, finally burst of energy

Rants/Raves/Stories: Hosting Thanksgiving was a success! It's not too messy in here either after the party and only thing that really got dirty from the party were the serving spoons. Other than that everyone brought their own containers, or they were disposable so not much dishes for me! I'm surprised not much turkey is left over either. I made the turkey good. It wasn't overdone or anything :D

Recent/Upcoming appointments: Another ultrasound in 4 weeks. Hopefully this time baby will not be face down so we can see more than just the back of the head and spine.

Questions: None

GTKY - if you're in the US, what is your favorite Thanksgiving food, and if not, what's your favorite food to eat at family gatherings? Sweet potatoes, and my aunt makes a broccoli / cauliflower bake
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers