May 2016 Moms
Options

GTKY: Favorite Thanksgiving Food

2»

Re: GTKY: Favorite Thanksgiving Food

• Options

@Charla1224 Well now I am going to go get some mac and cheese for lunch. image

• Options
    DanandVan said:
    My MIL (from the south) makes a pineapple casserole that is cubed bread, pineapple, eggs, milk, butter, sugar - it is kind of like a pineapple french toast bake. Its delicious, but we've never it for Thanksgiving!
    This is how my mom makes it too. I don't like pineapple but will tolerate a couple bites of this.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure I have favorites. I have least favorite or least favorite ways of things being prepared. We do Thanksgiving with only DH's family now and....well...they aren't the best cooks ever. I hate boxed stuffing, not a fan of canned cranberry, refuse to eat green bean casserole, and despise sweet potato casserole. Marshmallows and pecans do not belong with my sweet potatoes, thanks.

This year I am actually bringing the turkey and gravy (real gravy, not the fake stuff my MIL makes..plus I know the turkey won't be dry this year), homemade stuffing (DH won't touch Stove Top anymore), and rolls. I'm making cranberry sauce for us for at home but won't bring it as no one else will eat it. I actually usually host Christmas so that I can be sure to get food that is actually tasty. lol

Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    All the carbs - Stuffing, potatoes, stuffed mushrooms, biscuits...did I say stuffing?? ;)

Happy Thanksgiving ladies!!
    photo 3b43f478-6280-4d47-9376-66fc916418a0_zpslewcrjtbjpg

• Options
    Pumpkin pie! I always make it for Thanksgiving but never any other time of the year and I always look forward to it! Ditto for stuffing! DH and I are hosting for the first time ever.
  • Options
    Definitely cranberry sauce... Ocean Spray is where it's at.  I like to eat it with my stuffing and gravy YU-UH-UUUMMMMMM.  And turkey fur sure, fried, smoked, and/or roasted.

Then the day after, turkey sandwiches on super soft bread until I can't keep my eyes open from all the tryptophan LOL.

The baby and I are SO excited about all the eating we get to do tomorrow.