January 2016 Moms
Options

Aahhh All I wanna do is Nest!!

When is a good time to start nesting? Packing the hospital bag? Setting up the nursery? I'm 31w

Re: Aahhh All I wanna do is Nest!!

• Options
    Now? If you're feeling the urge to nest, then hop to it! I wouldn't leave it to the last minute. 
  • Options
    Ya, if you're urged to do it, just do it. I find the closer I get to my due date, the more my nesting comes with a sense of panic on the side!! I started super early too, but there seems to be so much to do and so little time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me too!!!
  • Options
    Go for it! I started weeks ago, I have a long To-Do list that doesn't seem to be getting any shorter. 
  • Options
    I've started packing the baby's diaper bag with what I'll need.  I'll wait to do mine and my husband's for another month, around the 1st of the year.  A few things I put on my list to bring, are things I asked for, for Christmas so I'll hold off.  I am desperately waiting to finish his nursery and am getting almost annoyed at this point, lol.  We just finished trim work and still need to caulk the nail holes and paint the trim white, before I can get in there to start really finishing it up.  I told DH that I am giving it a 2 week deadline.  I so badly want to just be done with it and shut the door to the nursery until the day we bring him home.
  • Options
    Echoing PP - no reason to wait!  We're holding off on buying some things until after our shower (12/6) but as soon as that's done it's going to be nest city over here!  I'm not due til 1/31 but I want to have everything done by the new year, just so I feel calm and relaxed the last few weeks (and can rest a ton, if need be.)
  • Options
    @maureenmce I feel the same about wanting to get everything done so I can feel more relaxed! My original goal was to have everything ready before thanksgiving but that's not happening so my next goal is Christmas! Hahha
  • Options
    Me too. Packing the hospital bag right now, did baby laundry today, and now I wait for Daddy to put the change table together.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @maureenmce good plan! My goal was to have everything done by December 1st (I'm due NYE but hoping I'll be more into January), but now that nesting sent me into full on panic mode about our nasty shower and I insisted on getting that done next week, my last week of getting everything done will be postponed until the week after (as we'll be staying at my parents). I was so close! I'll be happy with December 15th now if it means a new shower :smile:
  • Options
    I had my shower on the weekend which caused today to be my major nesting day. Our little guy is due Jan 4th. I feel so much more relieved now that he has a place to sleep and we have diapers. Phew