February 2016 Moms

Any runners still running?

I am 27 weeks and still going strong!  About 15 miles per week with strength training built in.

Anyone else still going at it?

Re: Any runners still running?

• Yes I am 30 weeks this Thursday and am still running. The 28th week for me was, life changing... I had to break down and buy a belly band. I am now literally all belly and she is way down low... she is a heavy girl. That being said I've slowed down speed wise and milage. I'm running 11 min miles roughly 20 miles a week. It's hard though.
  • I have yet to hit that stage but I know it's coming!  Good for you!  My goal is to keep going at 30 weeks. 

• Loading the player...
  • Me too I an definitely keeping up with it. Helps in so many ways with swelling and veins and labor. I never thought I would reach that stage lol. It was going so well for a while...
  • Yesterday was my last run and I am 29 weeks today! I started having pressure and contractions all day sat and sun. At my appointment yesterday they did a fetal non-stress test, which came back fine. She at first asked me to cut my running from 5.5 miles (9:30 min/mile) to 3 miles each time, but after she did an exam to check for fetal fibronectin and my cervix (her head is right by my cervix and I guess it's a fingertip dilated), plus the pressure/contractions she decided no running, but that I should power-walk and use the incline. She said her patients that are runners end up delivering early at 36-37 weeks, so she wanted to try and not have that happen with me. Power walking definitely isn't the same as running, but can't risk it. We even bought a treadmill a few weeks ago, so I didn't have to push my son in his stroller anymore while running. I was hoping I could run closer to delivery!
  • Still running at 29 weeks, okay jogging is a better description lol. I'm doing body pump a couple times a week too. I was so proud to finish 2 miles in only 21:30 yesterday. Pushing my 26 lb son in a 35 lb stroller too. Not having to wear my belly band yet, but definitely have a soreness in my groin the day after a run. 3 miles is my max right now, tried to push it to four and just couldn't quite make it. I gave up running much earlier last time, around 23 weeks, so I'm proud to still be at it. Hoping to run till 36 weeks at least!
  • Yes running still! I am 28w tomorrow and I am considering a belly band, its almost an uncomfortable weight when running, feeling unbalanced. I have backed off quite a bit since I found out I was pregnant and was so sick for the first tri, but I enjoy 3 miles 3-4x a week. I am also in a Zumba class 2-3x per week.
  • So awesome to hear all of this!!! I feel like it will help so much with delivery and afterwards.  I didn't run with my first pregnancy but went to the gym daily and I had an easy labor.  Hoping it is the same this time!

• Wow. Ya'll are badass! I'm 28 weeks and not running due to back pain. :(
  • 22snc12 said:

Yesterday was my last run and I am 29 weeks today! I started having pressure and contractions all day sat and sun. At my appointment yesterday they did a fetal non-stress test, which came back fine. She at first asked me to cut my running from 5.5 miles (9:30 min/mile) to 3 miles each time, but after she did an exam to check for fetal fibronectin and my cervix (her head is right by my cervix and I guess it's a fingertip dilated), plus the pressure/contractions she decided no running, but that I should power-walk and use the incline. She said her patients that are runners end up delivering early at 36-37 weeks, so she wanted to try and not have that happen with me. Power walking definitely isn't the same as running, but can't risk it. We even bought a treadmill a few weeks ago, so I didn't have to push my son in his stroller anymore while running. I was hoping I could run closer to delivery!

This is my first baby. I've had lots of pressure too l like I explained above but my belly band seems to be working. But sat and sun I had tingling in my pelvic region and at some points it was uncomfortable & at times painful. I told my doc yesterday at my appointment she said it's normal at this stage. My question is since i am a ftm What do contractions feel like?
  • So encouraging to hear all of you ladies continuing your workouts! I'm 27 weeks and still running about 12-15 miles a week, coupled with cross training and yoga a few times a week. I just bought the Gabrialla belly support band to use while running, as well as compression calf sleeves that I can wear under my works pants after runs. Hoping to continue for as long as possible!
  • I'm 26 weeks and I wish I was still running. I can't even walk fast without pain =( Do support bands help with pain in your lower abdomin? 
    I am 27, DH is 26.
    We have been married since September 28, 2013.
    We had our first child, Zoey, February 7, 2016.

images 300168
  • Katty422 said:

22snc12 said:

Yesterday was my last run and I am 29 weeks today! I started having pressure and contractions all day sat and sun. At my appointment yesterday they did a fetal non-stress test, which came back fine. She at first asked me to cut my running from 5.5 miles (9:30 min/mile) to 3 miles each time, but after she did an exam to check for fetal fibronectin and my cervix (her head is right by my cervix and I guess it's a fingertip dilated), plus the pressure/contractions she decided no running, but that I should power-walk and use the incline. She said her patients that are runners end up delivering early at 36-37 weeks, so she wanted to try and not have that happen with me. Power walking definitely isn't the same as running, but can't risk it. We even bought a treadmill a few weeks ago, so I didn't have to push my son in his stroller anymore while running. I was hoping I could run closer to delivery!

This is my first baby. I've had lots of pressure too l like I explained above but my belly band seems to be working. But sat and sun I had tingling in my pelvic region and at some points it was uncomfortable & at times painful. I told my doc yesterday at my appointment she said it's normal at this stage. My question is since i am a ftm What do contractions feel like?
    You're stomach gets really tight, like flexing your abs. It stays contracted for however many seconds it lasts and then releases. The pressure feels like something heavy is pressing down on your vagina, like it's being pushed out! Hope that makes sense!
  • Twindling said:
    I ran to the kitchen last night for a piece of cheesecake...does that count? It was approx 30ft.
    You ran.  It counts :)

• Jilly82 said:

Twindling said:

I ran to the kitchen last night for a piece of cheesecake...does that count? It was approx 30ft.

You ran.  It counts :)

Better than walking to the kitchen :smiley:!
  • Ugh, I wish I was still running. I had a MC at the beginning of the year that just took all the wind out of me and then moved to a new state and then got pregnant again. Then I was incredibly sick all summer. My midwife doesn't advise starting up again now that I'm feeling better since my body is no longer used to it. I dream about running most nights lol. I miss it so much! I started after DD was born and fell in love with it! I was training for my first half before the MC. I was up to an easy 8 miles a day and then this year happened. So I'll start again when this little one gets here.
  • I'm still running also :) about 3 5ks a week at 9 min pace. Getting tougher each time though, especially pushing my 18 month old son.