Infertility

Bleeding a few days after saline sonogram

I know that it's normal to have some spotting and discharge immediately after a saline sonogram.

I'm worried that its been a few days (Friday).  I didn't have any spotting on Saturday, but very heavy spotting and cramping yesterday and today.  It's not as heavy as a period, but it's kind of heavy for "spotting."

No fever, no real pain, just mild cramps. 

Yes, I put in a call to my doctor, but it always takes a while to hear back.  I appreciate hearing from you guys, who have had experiences with this.

Normal?
Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

Re: Bleeding a few days after saline sonogram

• I haven't had any experience with this but I sure do hope your doctor gets back to you ASAP (if they haven't already) and I hope everything is okay.  Please keep us posted.
    Me (39) | DH (41)
    Married: 5/31/2014
    TTC #1 since 10/2014
    SA: Count/Motility = Good/Decent; Morphology = 6%
    HSG: All clear
    November 2015: 100mg of Clomid for 5 days, 1 -75mg injection of Follistim 
    4 mature follicles! - RE cancelled cycle (bummed)
    Course of action is medication and TI
    May 2016: 100mg Clomid for 5 days, Estrace for 5 days, Mucinex for DH and I during ovulation week, 100mg progesterone & a baby aspirin until I get BFN (so of course I'm hoping to have to continue taking them). DH is now also taking a multi-vitamin with Zinc.
    Course of action is still medication and TI
  • I hope everything is ok! I didn't have any spotting or discharge after my procedure. I actually think they gave me an antibiotic to take the day before, day of, and day after to help prevent any infections or issues. I hope your doctor calls you back asap! Try and take it easy in the meantime.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had heavy cramping for about 7 days and a little spotting for about 4 days after. My doctor said it's totally normal and only to worry if I had a fever. Did they give you antibiotics ? They have them to me to fight off any possible infection
  • Thanks, y'all.  I'm to be keeping an eye on it, and I'll call the nurse tomorrow morning with an update.  If it's still happening (and it's happening this afternoon), they'll have me come in immediately for evaluation.

I wasn't given any antibiotics.  I appreciate avoiding unnecessary antibiotics, but if there is an infection, I'd like to treat it.

I also had this weird experience... there was a trial transfer, then the saline sonogram.  Then the doctor was going to use another speculum to go in for some sort of endometrium abrasion (scrape up the inside of my uterus a little, to maybe help with getting pregnant).  But after the first two procedures, she couldn't find the cervix.  She kept moving the speculum around, and shifted to a different one, and still couldn't get back to the cervix.  Apparently, it decided to hide.  So the nurse thinks I might just be bleeding due to trauma.  Which sounds lovely, right?

But no fever, and I'll get examined tomorrow if it doesn't go away. 
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)