May 2016 Moms

My re-test for the Panorama was again inconclusive! So frustrated, anyone else have this happen?

I had the blood draw first done at 9.3 though I was measuring a few days behind. Nurse reassured me was ok. Not enough DNA for the sample, after waiting 2 long weeks for results. So I had it retaken at 11.5 weeks and after another (nearly) 2 weeks again, same damn thing. I'm so very frustrated. I'm going to discuss next options at my appointment on Wednesday, I'll be 13.6 weeks. We don't care to know the sex, only some reassurance that were low risk for chromosome problems. I'm 39, so it's a worry. We haven't told our families yet, was really hoping to have healthy results by now.

Re: My re-test for the Panorama was again inconclusive! So frustrated, anyone else have this happen?

• Ugh. That is seriously so frustrating and nerve-wracking. Maybe you could do a different lab, like Verifi by Progenity? Clearly Natera is having an issue...

• Apparently the Materny21 tests only have a 1-5% rate of inconclusive results, while other brands are around 20%. I have no firsthand experience, but this thread may help you: https://community.babycenter.com/post/a46913119/2_inconclusive_prenatal_blood_tests_panorama
  • Loading the player...
  • I got mine done through Progenity for the Verifi test, I was 13w3d when they drew my blood. Got the results in about 8-9 days (not business days).

Maybe you were a little too early to test? Progenity recommends 10 weeks and on.
  • Panorama is 9 weeks( the rest are 10 weeks+)  and on so it's especially shitty that both came back inconclusive. I did Panorama with my first and Verifi with my second, both came back fine but the Verifi came back in 7 days (Monday to Monday) and Panorama took much longer. Sorry you are dealing with this.

• Thank you for the responses! That makes me feel better. I'm going to see what other tests are available on Wednesday. Hoping I can get results and a faster turn around time.
  • I'm sorry, that sounds so frustrating. I did the panorama at 13 weeks and got the results in 7 days. But my doctor specifically said although it's offered earlier, it's better to wait until 12.5-13 weeks because she's seen inconclusive tests being sent back with the same response. Hopefully third time is the charm!