May 2016 Moms

Moron/Maniac Monday

I know there isn't a typical Monday post with this.  I'm just making it up just b/c of how this day is starting.  

So who is the moron today in your life?  Or who is going to turn you into a maniac by the end of the day if they keep doing what they are doing?

My DH is going to drive me bonkers.  He pulled a muscle in his back and has been out of commission for three days counting today.  He called in sick to work today.  I work from home so he is completely disrupting my routine.  That and he is upset that he has not been able to do anything the past three days.  So he is in a bad mood.  And already driving me crazy!

First Pregnancy
  • BFP: 01/25/2015
  • EDD: 09/28/2015
  • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
  • EDD: 05/25/2016
Baby Born
04/15/2016

PGAL

Re: Moron/Maniac Monday

• My brother's girlfriend is still pissing me off from yesterday. I don't like her to begin with and when she saw me she had to squeal "hiiii mommy" and then "there's the baby bump." Uh, please step away. I don't want my baby to go deaf. 

Clearly I'm hormonal.
  • I feel like everyone at work is irritating me to death today. I only have today then I'm off for the rest of the week for the holiday so I'm sure that has something to do with it. And now someone keeps tapping on their keyboard. My eye is twitching.

DH's mom is also on that list. We were going to tell her about the pregnancy yesterday as we have been trying to do for the past month. She said she would come over... We had everything planned. Then right at the time she was supposed to be there she texts and says she never left and doesn't want to come over now bc it was drizzly and cold. We live in Florida. It was a high of 76 yesterday. :| Also come to find out now we have to drive her Orlando where we are going for thanksgiving now bc she needs new tires on her car. How long has she needed them? Awhile. They're bald. It's ridiculous. Does she have money for them? Of course not. She wants tires for her car for Christmas now. Why doesn't she have money? Bc she spent practically all her paycheck on the bajillion cats she fosters. DH flat out told her if it's causing her financial issues she needs to cut back on the cat fostering. She got all upset, started crying, and said DH can't just expect her to not care about the kittens. So now we're insensitive bc she thinks we don't care about the cats. I do care, I just don't think anyone should go into financial ruin and sacrifice their own safety for kittens. :|

Rant over... I feel a little better now, maybe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ohhh. I'm also going to add in my MIL. I love her dearly and she's amazing. However, she just got back from visiting her sister and got a cold or something and was coughing all over me last night. I just got done being sick and with my asthma, I really don't want to get sick again. I was so frustrated. I told her she should probably go to the doctor before Thanksgiving since she's having it at her house. She looked at me like I was dumb and asked "what is the doctor going to do?" I responded with "give you medicine." DH and his twin brother were in the kitchen and they both started cracking up. She, on the other hand, did not find my response amusing. Oh well, go to the dang doctor and don't get your pregnant daughter in law sick. Ok? Thanks.
  • In the grand scheme of things, this isn't so bad, but DH's procrastination with his grad school work is driving me nuts lately. He waits until between 6 and 9 pm the day an assignment is due to complete it. Legitimately, there are some days that it's the only time he has to complete it; however, that's not the case most days. It wouldn't be so bad, except that he frequently wants to enlist my help to look things up or proofread since he's under a time crunch. Over the weekend, I was a cleaning/nesting/toddler-playing crazy woman, so by last night at 9, I just wanted to exercise a bit and go to bed. DH wanted my help with Harvard style citations. I told him that I'd happily help except that I was planning to exercise and go to bed since DS was asleep (for then...he still wakes around 3-4am nightly), and told him that if he hadn't procrastinated, I would have not done something around the house so that I could have helped him out. He replied that he wasn't procrastinating because he had planned to start his assignment then and that he'd still get it finished on time. He played video games for part of yesterday afternoon...and planned to start an assignment late? Yep, still considered procrastinating in my book. 
  • I second the MIL

We are going to their place for Thanksgiving,and being the wonderful and kind DIL I am (!) I asked if we can bring anything. I was already planning on taking some cookies (the dry mix stuff you just add egg to, so nothing too complicated). She said sure, how about dessert because she is still on "vacation time". UM, she is retired. Isn't every day vacation time?? So sure, the pregnant girl with a full time job and a 2 hour round trip commute will bake a freaking pie too. Little does she know I have frozen Marie Calendar pies in the freezer. She once pooh-poohed them, so to trick her, I am going to throw it in a ceramic pie plate. She will never know the difference

So she gets my "moron of the week award". 

Although my frozen pie will be better than the whole meal she will cook. Its always cold and somewhat generic.

cat fail animated GIF

• The morons in my life today are the all the people we have told about our pregnancy buy can't keep their mouth shut and think they have the right to tell whoever the hell they want. This is our secret and we will tell who we want when we want.
    MIL-I slipped up
    Mom-has known for two weeks and has bugged me everyday since to asked when she can tell who she wants to.
    Sisters MIL-found out at work from someone (she works at a bank)????

Considering keeping gender a secret just because.

Rant over.
  • My co-workers. I work in a library and I'm in charge of the displays in my department (Youth Services). We have a website for staff use that lists ALL the displays and how they should be organized and what should go on those displays. Yet people can't seem to figure it out and keep rearranging my displays. 

Also one co-worker is complaining about her daughter... again.. because she bailed her daughter out of financial trouble.. again. Because her daughter & son in law refuse to live in a house they can afford so of course my co worker keeps taking out loans on her house to help them out. WHAT? 
  • A coworker (who I told early as well as my boss) walked up to me today and told me she saw my 13 week bump and starting asking when I will be telling everyone else at work since it isn't well hidden. Do I really have to be reminder to do that. I really don't want to listen to weeks worth of stories about everyone else's pregnancies with no practical input. Especially one annoying department member that has "perfect" twins that are 22. Your information is not relevant nor do I want to discuss business let alone personal matters with you. And I swear I will go postal if someone touches my early bump or tells me that I'm big. I was considering telling people today but based on my anger level it sounds better to wait until next week.
  • My coworker. He's a 55 year old male who is the biggest drama queen of them all. It's Monday which is always hectic and it's a short week. yes we have fires to put out. This is how it is. He gets so frazzled like his world is crashing in around him. Put on your big boy pants and deal with it. 
  • My FIL's girlfriend is the biggest moron ever. Don't get me wrong, I really really like her, but I have NO CLUE what the heck she sees in my a$$hole leach of a FIL. He has been unemployed for well over 2 years now and simply uses her for her house and money. He finally got a part-time job a few months ago but then quit because he didn't like something they said to him.

I don't know how many times he has said to my husband that he was going to leave her after he got his workmans comp settlement, that it probably wasn't going to workout, etc. Well, over the weekend he told my husband that they're buying a house together, but because he has such bad credit he couldn't actually be in on the buying process. He was freaking out because he's agreed to pay $20,000 (that he got from the settlement) as a down payment, and was talking about needing to go to a lawyer to make sure he'd get that money back if things "went south". Now, she's agreed to put him on the deed after the fact so that he also technically owns the house.

She. Is. STUPID! I can't believe she can't see what is right in front of her. I have the urge to ask her what the hell she sees in him all the time. Drives me nuts that he just blatantly uses her. Her family sees it, as they all hate him and I don't blame them one bit. /end rant.
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • LemmyRNLemmyRN member
    edited November 2015
    I am the maniac. I had serious Rhoid Rage yesterday! It started with my usually entertaining sassy-ness and evolved into major moodiness and irritability. And my food aversion decided to come back, adding to the frustration. I felt so bad for my husband I bought him a 3 pack of tallboys and said "your gonna need this." I was so upset about the lack of control, it seriously bummed me out at the end of the day. I apologized to DH a couple of times about the foul mood, and he was so sweet and understanding about it. Pretty much downplayed it like I wasn't bad (BUT I WAS!!!) I'm feeling better today, BUT I have to do a grocery run and things can go south! Hopefully fellow shoppers are not obnoxious or it'll turn into one of those "I wish a bitch would!" Kinda days.

I never had a prediction about the baby's sex, but after yesterday's Hulk attack I think the baby is a boy and he probably shared a surge of testosterone with his host.

On a side note, it looks like our dog Riley is in heat, so now husband gets to deal with two sassy bitches. Yaaaay :/
  • My best friend is currently not on my good side. I was in bed rest and H was gone all weekend so she decided she needed to stay with me. She snores really flipping loud so I didn't sleep at all! Also she went between "I'm so bored" and "How are you feeling" all weekend so I practically had to entertain her all weekend; so no me time. I love her and all but I can definitely use a long break from her right now.
  • yogahh - brilliant idea to use the MC pies - how could you poopoo them they are so good?! 

My moron is a friend having a b-day party for a 1 year old and expecting people to drive from out of town to attend? I figured it's cute to have a party for grandparents and close family. But why would you invite a bunch of 20 somethings to a kids party? If I lived in town I would go, but I don't want to spend my weekend driving! 

• Any other teachers with maniac kiddos this week? We did in depth analysis on The Kite Runner today. To try to soften the blow, they worked in discussion groups and I bounced between groups, but that was still too much for some of my students who were straight up offended that I expected them to learn things and do work this week, as if in past years they had the week off and as if I wasn't serious about having assigned them a chapter to read over the weekend....When has an assignment ever been fake? For the past 5 years at this school I haven't had a problem with being cussed out/defiance in my room, but today was an exception. (The school I was at before, it was an everyday occurrence.) All the nonsense gave me a big headache today.
  • kbrands7 said:

Any other teachers with maniac kiddos this week? We did in depth analysis on The Kite Runner today. To try to soften the blow, they worked in discussion groups and I bounced between groups, but that was still too much for some of my students who were straight up offended that I expected them to learn things and do work this week, as if in past years they had the week off and as if I wasn't serious about having assigned them a chapter to read over the weekend....When has an assignment ever been fake? For the past 5 years at this school I haven't had a problem with being cussed out/defiance in my room, but today was an exception. (The school I was at before, it was an everyday occurrence.) All the nonsense gave me a big headache today.

Hopefully this isn't too invasive...but where so you work? I know you are from Pittsburgh...so am I. My husband works at Propel Hazelwood so he has younger ones...but still rough. Luckily, he only has 2 days of conferences then off.

I also have my teacher cert, but sadly, I don't think I'll ever be using it.
  • kbrands7 said:
    Any other teachers with maniac kiddos this week? We did in depth analysis on The Kite Runner today. To try to soften the blow, they worked in discussion groups and I bounced between groups, but that was still too much for some of my students who were straight up offended that I expected them to learn things and do work this week, as if in past years they had the week off and as if I wasn't serious about having assigned them a chapter to read over the weekend....When has an assignment ever been fake? For the past 5 years at this school I haven't had a problem with being cussed out/defiance in my room, but today was an exception. (The school I was at before, it was an everyday occurrence.) All the nonsense gave me a big headache today.
    The Kite Runner is one of my favorites! I would love to be in your class this week. And to go along with @kami09 question- where do you work? I went to Perry! Love my Pittsburgh girls ;)

cat fail animated GIF

• kami09kami09 member
    edited November 2015
    yogahh said:

kbrands7 said:

The Kite Runner is one of my favorites! I would love to be in your class this week. And to go along with @kami09 question- where do you work? I went to Perry! Love my Pittsburgh girls ;)

------------------------
    What?! My husband went to Perry! Lol
  • kami09 said:
    kbrands7 said:
    ------------------------ What?! My husband went to Perry! Lol
    When did he graduate? I was class of 99 (sex is good, weed is fine, were the class of 99!)

cat fail animated GIF

• kami09kami09 member
    edited November 2015
    yogahh said:

kami09 said:

yogahh said:

kbrands7 said:

------------------------
    What?! My husband went to Perry! Lol

When did he graduate? I was class of 99 (sex is good, weed is fine, were the class of 99!)

------------------------------------------------------------
    .....99! Lol
  • kami09 , NO WAY. You know I need a name. Wow, such a small world huh?

cat fail animated GIF

• Today's moron is the county jail that made me wait an HOUR AND A HALF to pick up my client this morning.  He was supposed to be released to me at 10am, by 11:15am he still wasn't out so I had to go back and check on if he was being processed out and then about 15 minutes later he came out finally.  I asked him how long it took him to get processed out and he told me 15 minutes....so they didn't even call him for release until 11:15!  On the positive side, I was SUPER productive during that hour and a half because I expected to wait a little bit (like 20 minutes tops) and had a mental list of things I needed to take care of.

Also, my husband is going to turn me into a maniac because he is driving me NUTS with his loud chewing.  He just made a frozen pizza and apparently can't wait three extra minutes for it to cool because he is slurping on the hot cheese and gulping whatever he is drinking.  I'm going to lose my mind. 

• kami09 said:

kbrands7 said:

Hopefully this isn't too invasive...but where so you work? I know you are from Pittsburgh...so am I. My husband works at Propel Hazelwood so he has younger ones...but still rough. Luckily, he only has 2 days of conferences then off.

I also have my teacher cert, but sadly, I don't think I'll ever be using it.
    I'm within Pittsburgh Public-- not Perry though @yogahh! I teach at their STEM school; usually the students are fairly responsible and respectful, but today was crazy for some reason! I taught at Peabody before it closed.
  • My dh told his mother that we're not going to her Thanksgiving dinner because I'm "anti-family." The woman hates me enough as it is, this is just fuel to the fire. We're not going to my family's dinner because my sister brings her sick kids to dinner every damn year and I'm tried of my kids getting sick. So I told him and my mom that we're having dinner at home, alone, this year. I'm not sure how that translates into being anti-family. I told him he better be telling his mom the real reason we'll be home.