January 2016 Moms

Carpel tunnel syndrome anyone?

Hi all, I tried searching this and nothing came up so apologies if its been said. I keep waking up with my right hand numb. Just my right. I sleep on my left side so its not like im laying on my arm. Once I stand up or move to my back it goes away. I googled it and it came up as carpel tunnel syndrome that you can get just during pregnancy. It only happens at night. Anyone else experiencing this? I wirk at a desk and my right hand is the only hand I use to input numbers so it makes sense I guess. If I dont wake up and my hand is super numb I get pain up to my elbow with it.

Re: Carpel tunnel syndrome anyone?

• I have it! Sounds like it *could* be it. Just check with your doctor and get a brace to wear while you're doing computer work. I have it temporarily in both my hands. It started off with numbness in both my hands at night time with severe swelling and my joints in my fingers hurt horribly. Ever since I started wearing the braces at night time the swelling has significantly reduced and the pain is hardly noticeable
  • HelBellesHelBelles member
    edited November 2015
    I have it very mildly as my symptoms are pretty much just the numb arm at night which keeps me awake! I also work at a computer and I just make sure I take breaks from typing and give my hand a rub and shake and it seems to have improved things :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I have it as well.  I wake up with numbness in both hands throughout the night and have like 90% function/mobility throughout the day.  It seems it's a common pregnancy symptom, but still no fun

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers