March 2016 Moms

Baby girl name

So dh and I are tying to decide on a name. For the first name we will use either
Ellie or Emma - probably Ellie
Need help with a middle name. He really wants to use Grace, I'm not sure I like it. I would like to stick with a one syllabol name I think...suggestions please!!

Re: Baby girl name

• You might have better luck with this on the baby name board!
  • I agree, baby names board is very helpful.  And I think Grace goes nicely with both Ellie and Emma, she will likely be one of many Ellie/Emma Graces her age.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I LOVE Emma. It's too popular of a name for me personally to want to use it, but it is absolutely beautiful and I completely understand why so many parents are choosing it. Ellie to me is more of a nickname for Eleanor, Ellen, etc. It's cute, but sounds very youthful. I'd definitely choose Emma. :)

I agree with you about Grace. I think I'd like it more if it wasn't such a default middle name... unfortunately it seems like a lot of one syllable names are. Other ideas:

Emma Fern
    Emma Jane
    Emma Blythe
    Emma Fleur
    Emma Jade
    Emma May
    Emma Joy
    Emma Quinn
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • madisonand1madisonand1 member
    edited November 2015
    I love Ellie rae but theres also
    Ellie may
    Ellie lee
    Ellie jayne
  • Unless it's a family name or you're a big fan of the Beverly Hillbillies I'd stay away from Ellie May. It's also a really popular dog name, love the name Ellie though, it's a friend of mine's daughter's name.
  • I like Ella way more than Ellie.IMO
  • I agree with @ClaireBear90 , Id go with Eliza and use Ellie for short. Joy is a sweet middle name.

Eliza Zoe
    Eliza Rose
    Eliza Star