January 2016 Moms

I'm too sore for all this nesting

Yeah, it's a little "dear diary" in here.

I've caught the nesting bug.  I think it's scaring SO a little bit.  He's been my slave all day.  We rearranged the bedroom and living room so that the crib (bdrm) and packnplay (living room) would have a place.  Made space for the tree that we don't even have yet.  I sent him with three huge boxes and 2 giant trash bags of stuff to drop off at the thrift store.  Cleaned out the fridge, washed the dog bedding, cleaned the bathroom, table, swept/mopped the kitchen.  Blegh.  I can barely move, and I know I'll pay for it in the morning.

BUT! I still didn't wash the dishes. 

SPNG Tags: Sam / Dean / Happy Dancing and Flailing / because cleaning products kill Leviathans/ apparently
Looking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif? This blog organizes them so you don’t have to spend hours hunting them down.

Who else?  Or, you know, just post gifs of food or something.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

Re: I'm too sore for all this nesting

• LOL! I've also caught the nesting bug, but I'm so tired and PREGNANT all of the time that I basically only got our bedroom organized and I worked all day yesterday on it. That has slightly discouraged me, but I will continue on.
  • Loading the player...
    That reminds me, I still need new Christmas pjs for SO and me.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

• I can't nest yet and I hate it. 3 weeks until we move into our new house and it's making me nutso.
  • I can't nest yet and I hate it. 3 weeks until we move into our new house and it's making me nutso.
    Yeah, I've done that before and I drove everyone around me nuts.

• That pretty much sums it up for me too "too sore for nesting"! I want everything done NOW and I feel unsettled and anxious until it's done, but I can only do so much until my back and pelvis is just ruined with pain. I wish I could make DH more of a slave! He tries to be helpful, but then gets grumbly if it's something he doesn't *really* want to help with, and since I'm done working I feel like I should just do it myself then. The only thing that makes me feel slightly better is making many many to do lists and dividing the tasks up day by day so I can accomplish enough without overdoing it. Blahhh!!!
  • I feel like cleaning is pointless with an 11 month old. I love my son, I really do... but he needs to keep his grabby little hands off of everything! He's into my cabinets, tall enough to reach (and clear) everything off of my tables, and is obsessed with his new talent of emptying and throwing EVERYTHING. I absolutely cannot get anything done when it's just him and I at home...
  • @krisdee123 I feel you. We don't move in to our condo for two weeks. I've got the itch and all I can do is reorganize our packed boxes to "feel more organized"...and drive my H crazy.
  • I feel like cleaning is pointless with an 11 month old. I love my son, I really do... but he needs to keep his grabby little hands off of everything! He's into my cabinets, tall enough to reach (and clear) everything off of my tables, and is obsessed with his new talent of emptying and throwing EVERYTHING. I absolutely cannot get anything done when it's just him and I at home...
    Ugh! I know.  I have a 13 month old.  He's grabbing all the things, but at least they are clean things?

• @krisdee123 @amberjinnett
    We close on our house on Tuesday- I thought we were pushing it with how late our move-in date is! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

I feel you! I have a 19 month old that is into everything. We can't do anything productive together because one of us has to be corralling him. We really need someone to take him out of the house all day one day and I could finish everything with hubby's help
  • katymae08katymae08 member
    edited November 2015
    Master bath wiped down and swept, all laundry done and put away, master bedroom reorganized, kitchen scrubbed and dishes done, dining room table decorated, living room wiped down and furniture swept like every day, girls' bedroom cleaned and closet organized, tiny bathroom wiped down, and playroom nice and neat. That was all yesterday! I couldn't sleep at all last night because I was uncomfortable. My hips and back hurt like hell this morning at work. My stomach is so tight (not contractions) and Miss Piper is letting me know that I overdone it majorly yet again. I've been doing this since the beginning of fall! This kid needs out now because Momma needs her body back and normal cleaning days instead of spring cleaning every single day.
  • Am I the only one who had cleaned the whole house just for it to get dirty hours later? I swear my husband doesn't get it. I cleaned out the bedroom, closets, bathroom, kitchen, living room, dining room.. and I have to re clean everything everyday.. it seems like nesting is so pointless..
  • This morning SO dropped a glass bowl from the counter and it shattered. Everywhere. This happened while I was in the shower. I come out to SO sweeping and vacuuming, the dogs locked up and having a meltdown and DS screaming (terrified) because of the vacuum. He looks at me and complains about how messy the counters are! I can't decide if I want to leave them, just to be a bitch, or gut them just to prove that there actually are counters under that disaster... I asked him where to put everything, his response was, "it just needs to be put away!" Right hunny, right. Where might "away" be for all the crap YOU'VE piled there?!
    Pregnancy debates... be a bitch and see how long it takes before he cleans them, or just do it myself and get it over with before everything breakable is destroyed?
  • This morning SO dropped a glass bowl from the counter and it shattered. Everywhere. This happened while I was in the shower. I come out to SO sweeping and vacuuming, the dogs locked up and having a meltdown and DS screaming (terrified) because of the vacuum. He looks at me and complains about how messy the counters are! I can't decide if I want to leave them, just to be a bitch, or gut them just to prove that there actually are counters under that disaster... I asked him where to put everything, his response was, "it just needs to be put away!" Right hunny, right. Where might "away" be for all the crap YOU'VE piled there?! Pregnancy debates... be a bitch and see how long it takes before he cleans them, or just do it myself and get it over with before everything breakable is destroyed?
    Does he have another area that's just "his" like a desk or something?  Take all his crap and pile it there.  Or have a stand off over the counters like I just did over the dishes.  I'm obviously in favors of stand offs.  Or throw things at his head.  That last one sounds the most fun.

• @GAgirlinSDakota Lol, right about now, I'm totally feeling the last one. Unfortunately, there is practically nowhere to move things around. New house come spring time! I'm thinking of just throwing stuff out... it's gonna have to go eventually, especially when we move. I'm done looking at the crap and taking the blame for the mess...
  • @GAgirlinSDakota Lol, right about now, I'm totally feeling the last one. Unfortunately, there is practically nowhere to move things around. New house come spring time! I'm thinking of just throwing stuff out... it's gonna have to go eventually, especially when we move. I'm done looking at the crap and taking the blame for the mess...

"either you can pick x, y, and z up and put them away, or *I* can do it and put them in the trash.  Pick one"

But I'm a bitch w/ very low tolerance.

• @GAgirlinSDakota I want to be like you when I grow up... lmao
    Now that LO is down for the count, I'm going to try and make some sense of what I can, but I'm not doing it all. He WILL be doing his fair share of this...
  • @BarrettJ89 I'm a big fan of putting all of his stuff in a big laundry basket and putting said basket on his side of the bed. Then I'd clean the rest of it. I wish I had the fortitude for a stand off but I just can't do it. I think it's because our standards of cleanliness and time line for cleaning g things is so different. For example I clean up from making my sandwich before eating it and dh maybe puts the cold things away when he's done eating and his plate may or may not make it to the kitchen. Mondays are the hardest cleaning days for me because he's home all weekend and I try not to clean up after him but I end up doing it all Monday morning anyway.

I too feel like I clean and clean and then have to turn around and do it all over again. I'll get the kitchen spotless then come back five minutes later to a dirty teaspoon and drops of coffee on the kitchen counter after my husband made himself coffee... it makes me want to scream!
  • Eff yes. I am too damn sore to do anything. And once I feel good I get crazy and clean until I hurt.
    Nesting is a vicious cycle.
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • Moving into a new house at the end of December/beginning of Jan. I want to nest so bad. I obsessively pin things, make budget and remake budget, arrange furniture on online apps, make lists and lists and harass all my contractors.
    I'll have 2-3 weeks in the house hopefully before LO comes. It could get ugly
  • Am I the only one who had cleaned the whole house just for it to get dirty hours later? I swear my husband doesn't get it. I cleaned out the bedroom, closets, bathroom, kitchen, living room, dining room.. and I have to re clean everything everyday.. it seems like nesting is so pointless..

Story of my life.
  • Well, now that my absolutely, incredibly amazing parents informed us that they will be helping us to buy a bigger house this spring I'm stuck in nesting purgatory. I have so many things I need to sort, clean, trash, pack whatever... but I have like no energy. No enthusiasm to set up baby's room if I'm just going to have to tear it down in a couple months.
  • I am feeling so huge, sore, and utterly exhausted, I'm not sure much nesting can be done... Plus since my last came at 34+1, (now 34+2) after a 3day weekend cleaning spree, I am trying to avoid tackling more than 1-3 hours of light organizing and daily maintenance for the next 3 weeks, when my already approx 6.5 lb baby will have cooked a bit longer. Taking it easy these 3 weeks is much better than 3 1/2 between when I went in, and baby came home!
  • @Blueyedsky my DH is into nesting too! He's been really great about tackling some of the organizing, decluttering and deep cleaning that's been on my list, I feel so lucky.
    Last week he took apart and reorganized our pantry and moved appliances to deep clean our kitchen.
    However it takes some nudging (read: bothering, nagging, threatening) to get him to organize his own stuff (who needs 6 cigar humidors?)
    I'm in the same boat as the other sore ladies. The motivation is there- I'm making list after list and spreadsheets and furniture layouts, but I lose energy so quickly that, even on days when I think I have time to get it all done, I'm exhausted or my hips hurt and I have to move much slower
  • I need someone to nest for me. I have no energy and my house is a disaster. We are trying to move DS into a big boy bedroom but my husband still hasn't cleaned his crap out and I can't do it for him. His crap includes a huge drum set which he doesn't use and won't get rid of. He wants to leave it in DS' room because there's "too much moisture" to store it in the basement, but I am afraid if I hear my 2 year old playing the drums at 2 in the morning I just might murder my husband. Rant over.
  • Someone recently told me that nesting was a figment of my imagination.  I wanted to sock them in the jaw!  It is VERY REAL and VERY ANNOYING!  I find myself having genuine anxiety over the placement of everything in the house - and since we had a gigantic baby shower last weekend, the entire office is piled to the ceiling with baby stuff galore.  I can hardly walk in the room without feeling an intense urge to tear it all down and organize/clean/stack, etc.  Thank God my Mother just got into town so we can get it knocked out.  I can't take it much longer!
  • Someone recently told me that nesting was a figment of my imagination.  I wanted to sock them in the jaw!  It is VERY REAL and VERY ANNOYING!  I find myself having genuine anxiety over the placement of everything in the house - and since we had a gigantic baby shower last weekend, the entire office is piled to the ceiling with baby stuff galore.  I can hardly walk in the room without feeling an intense urge to tear it all down and organize/clean/stack, etc.  Thank God my Mother just got into town so we can get it knocked out.  I can't take it much longer!
    I used to think nesting wasn't real, but this time around I've actually had small panic attacks over the living room getting messy, and I broke out in hives yesterday when I had to be in DS2's room putting away his laundry.  It's a huge pile of stuff either waiting to be wrapped, shipped, or taken o the thrift store.  And the new baby's crib parts.  Luckily everything will be alright with that stuff by the 5th.

• I managed to get DH to help me reorganise the living room, but I'm not sure I'm happy with the end result! My biggest issue is the cat tree in the MIDDLE of the room. Hubby and I are in great disagreement about this... I don't agree that our two kitties need two large cat trees anyway, it's a 1 bedroom small place and I'm already struggling for space for a dresser for baby. But I can't move the tree myself, and he refuses! 

OMG nooooo I would want to smack them as well! I would invite them to live it for a day and then see how imagined it is. I was explaining to someone today how it feels and it is similar to how I feel before a panic attack. The anxiety builds in my mind and body, my chest feels hot and I want to cry and scream unless I can accomplish what I need to in that moment, and it takes ALOT of work to calm down if what I want to do isn't possible in that moment. And it's just a cycle of that over and over until the list is checked off...at which point I add another thing to do. My brain is ALWAYS listing and planning. Add to that the physical pain that follows when I've overdone it. I have to force myself to just breathe and relax. Imagined my fat pregnant ass.

• EzrieeMayEzrieeMay member
    edited November 2015

That pretty much sums it up for me too "too sore for nesting"! I want everything done NOW and I feel unsettled and anxious until it's done, but I can only do so much until my back and pelvis is just ruined with pain. I wish I could make DH more of a slave! He tries to be helpful, but then gets grumbly if it's something he doesn't *really* want to help with, and since I'm done working I feel like I should just do it myself then. The only thing that makes me feel slightly better is making many many to do lists and dividing the tasks up day by day so I can accomplish enough without overdoing it. Blahhh!!!

My SO is the same way. He sighs and gets up mad if I ask more than once but if I only ask once he won't do it. We have a bunch of amps and music equipment we both use but I need it out for our small space and he didn't want to move it. It's so heavy. I can't do it myself and I want to cry cause I want everything done it's driving me crazy and baby's shower is today and he still has not done it. I have no where to put baby stuff. Oh and I'm 33+3 weeks prego. So hopefully still got some time
  • EzrieeMay said:

That pretty much sums it up for me too "too sore for nesting"! I want everything done NOW and I feel unsettled and anxious until it's done, but I can only do so much until my back and pelvis is just ruined with pain. I wish I could make DH more of a slave! He tries to be helpful, but then gets grumbly if it's something he doesn't *really* want to help with, and since I'm done working I feel like I should just do it myself then. The only thing that makes me feel slightly better is making many many to do lists and dividing the tasks up day by day so I can accomplish enough without overdoing it. Blahhh!!!

My SO is the same way. He sighs and gets up mad if I ask more than once but if I only ask once he won't do it. We have a bunch of amps and music equipment we both use but I need it out for our small space and he didn't want to move it. It's so heavy. I can't do it myself and I want to cry cause I want everything done it's driving me crazy and baby's shower is today and he still has not done it. I have no where to put baby stuff. Oh and I'm 33+3 weeks prego. So hopefully still got some time
    It's like they leave us no choice but to nag! So frustrating. MIL let it slip that hubby has mentioned my nesting is driving him crazy and every day I seem to have a new list for him. I teased him about it and he said it shouldn't be a surprise...and I said no not at all, it also shouldn't come as a surprise that your unwillingness to jump at the chance to help drives ME crazy! And a new list every day? Try the same 2-3 things I've had to ask for repeatedly for a week or remind you of daily so that they actually get done. Real simple solution. Every day ask me "what can I do to help?" And you'll have a total of, like, one small task a day! Maybe a larger project on the weekend, but considering what I'm putting in it's really not a lot.