Infertility
Options

Beta/HPT Testing - Thanksgiving edition

bsckgb7bsckgb7 member
edited November 2015 in Infertility
Let's hear it ladies!!  Who it testing the week of Thanksgiving?? and if not stateside, disregard the Thanksgiving part!!

Tell me what you did the cycle and anything new you did this cycle.

GTKY: What's your favorite cold-winter food?

Re: Beta/HPT Testing - Thanksgiving edition

• Options
    bsckgb7bsckgb7 member
    edited November 2015
    We are doing it old-fashioned style this time with no meds, just monitoring.  This is first cycle after lap surgery.  So maybe the surgery helped clean things out.  I am 8DPO and will test on Wed.

I love chicken and dressing at the holidays!!
  • Options
    @bsckgb7 I'm not testing, but I'm excited for you.  By monitoring, you will be doing ultrasounds only to check on progress?

Even though i'm not testing, i'll answer
    GTKY: What's your favorite cold-winter food?  just made pumpkin turkey chili.  It is now being added to my yearly recipes

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pumpkin Turkey Chili?  Do tell?  Yes, all the normal monitoring + trigger shot.  Just no fertility meds.  
  • Options
    I'm testing on the 25th -- Femara CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger on CD 13. GL to all!

That's a tie between lasagna and shepherd's pie. :)
    Me: 33, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 36, No known issues
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

Oct-Dec 2015: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI = BFN x 2
    Feb-May 2016: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN x 3
    August 2016: Clomid 100mg no response, Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN

• Options
    LizzieJ13 said:
    I'm testing on the 25th -- Femara CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger on CD 13. GL to all!

That's a tie between lasagna and shepherd's pie. :)
    We are testing buddies!!  I'm testing on the 25th!!
  • Options
    @bsckgb7 Nice! Have you been testing out your trigger?
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

August 2016: Clomid 100mg no response, Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN

• Options
    Nope.  I have in cycles past, but tried to keep the crazy at a minimum and not keeping cheapie HPTs.  So maybe test on Tues, but not any earlier.  What about you?
  • Options
    I am, using Wondfo sticks in the morning. Still getting a faint line. 
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

• Options
    My Beta is the 25th too. This is my first (and hoping and praying only!) IVF cycle. We transfered two beautiful embabies on the 14th. I do not plan on taking an HPT before the beta.

GTKY: mine would have to be cheese fries or baked ziti. I'm a cheeseaholic!
  • Options
    I am testing the 24th. Had 1 fresh 3 day embaby transferred on 11/13. Definitely going crazy, couldn't help myself from doing a hpt today which was of course a bfn.

GTKY: Favorite cold weather food would be buffalo chicken chili!
  • Options
    I am testing next week! Trying really hard to hold out until Thanksgiving Day. IUI was on 11/14. AF is due the day after Thanksgiving and I am (to the hour) regular - even last month on progesterone suppositiories. 

GTKY: Beef stew over rice with butternut squash on the side. Yum!

Good luck, ladies! x
    Me: 38
    Day 3 FSH: 10.9
    AMH: 0.49
    Hypothyroidism

DH: 35
    Vasectomy Reversal Aug 7, 2015 (successful! - 10/15/2015: 39 million, 60% motility)

IUI #1: 10/15/15 - 100mg Clomid with 3 mature follies - BFN
    IUI #2:  11/14/15 - 100mg Clomid with 1 mature follicle - BFN

12/15 - taking a break to finish grad school
    8/24/16 - Surprise BFP! EDD 5/6/2017
    It's a girl!

• Options

I am testing Friday the 27th. I could test on Thanksgiving, but I'm nervous I'll get a BFN and ruin the day. Upped the Clomid this round and added Dexamethasone. Follies looked good on CD12!.

That's a tough one, I'm loving a butternut squash risotto right now, but am a total sucker for pumpkin pie.

FX for all you lovely ladies! Hoping this is the cycle for all of us!

• Options
    Hello! My beta is on the 24th and today I am 4dp5dt. Super nervous and want to POAS every waking hour! Good luck to all of u ladies!

GTKY: pumpkin pie a la mode ♡
  • Options
    Hi. My beta is Monday the 23. We did an iui this month. Clomid andgonal f injections. I had two mature follies. It's our third iui and at times I'm very hopeful and others I'm not. I may test tomorrow but not sure. I don't have any hpt in the house right now so would have to go buy one.

My favorite holiday food is cranberry cobbler. I can't wait to eat some on Thursday!!!!
  • Options
    Umm... Not in the 2ww, but can I please get links to recipes? Buffalo chicken chili?!?! Drool! Cranberry cobbler? Gimme!
  • Options
    Thinking of all you ladies testing this week. Good luck! Here's to hoping we have something to be extra thankful for this Thanksgiving.

• Options
    Testing today! I'm actually at the doctor now waiting to be called. So nervous!
  • Options
    Good luck!!

So, this is my first cycle where I will be testing on/around a holiday. If I don't have AF by Thanksgiving I won't be drinking... but I'll be honest, it will be really strange for my family to see me without a glass of wine on a holiday and they'll know something's up! How do you all deal with that?
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

• Options
    Had my beta this morning so now waiting to hear from the nurse however I took a hpt this morning and got a bfn so I'm pretty bummed. I really thought this cycle worked
  • Options
    @LizzieJ13 - I have the same problem! I won't even be halfway done with my 2ww on Thursday, so no wine for me, which is really unusual. I will probably pour myself a glass just to hold so I look like I'm nursing it and if anyone asks, I'll tell them I'm saving my calories for dessert. Hopefully they'll buy it!
    Me: 43, DH: 41
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015
    8/2015 - "unexplained IF", started Levothyroxine
    9/27/15 - IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
    10/26/15 - IUI #2 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    11/21/15 - IUI #3 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    12/18/15 - IUI #4 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN

• Options
    ErikaMG - Alot of ladies believe in the "drink til its pink" mentality.  Since you just had the IUI 2 days ago, I don't see any harm in having a drink or 2 at Thanksgiving.  If I were closer to testing, I might not drink, but you will only be 5DPO.  Also, the baby doesn't share a bloodstream until several weeks into a pregnancy.  
  • Options
    Official test day is Friday, but I'm planning on testing on Thanksgiving. However, I'm second guessing when to test as I don't want a negative to ruin the holiday for me. I really don't want to test Wed but I may. ..

@LizzieJ13 Ginger Beer is the best thing to have happened to me since TTC. I have a tall sweater coozy I put on the bottle, and it looks just like a Heineken or any other beer in a green bottle. Plus, it's delicious and tastes just like a cocktail, but no alcohol. I've also poured it in a cocktail glass and sipped on it through a straw and people just think I'm drinking a cocktail. It's the mixer part of a Moscow mule. It can be found either in the "specialty drinks" or organic sections of most grocery stores. Reed's Premium Ginger Brew Ginger Ale is the one I see the most at the stores and I usually get Gosling's when I order it from bars. Gosling's is my favorite, and it comes in a can. Highly recommend it!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    @bsckgb7 - OMG THAT'S THE BEST NEWS I'VE HAD IN WEEKS!!! Thank you! All excellent points - I didn't think of the bloodstream thing. "Drink till it's pink" - I kinda love that! ;) (For the record, this doesn't mean I'll go overboard. But I'll be very happy to have one glass of wine on Thursday.) :)
    Me: 43, DH: 41
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015
    8/2015 - "unexplained IF", started Levothyroxine
    9/27/15 - IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
    10/26/15 - IUI #2 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    11/21/15 - IUI #3 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    12/18/15 - IUI #4 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN

• Options

ErikaMG - Exactly!!  I wouldn't get drunk or anything, but most ladies on TTGP go for all the drinks until they get a positive.  They say "don't act pregnant until you are".  I'm a bit more conservative and would probably stop drinking at 10DPO or thereabouts, but I think you are plenty early.  You potential ball of cells is still floating about now.  =)  

• Options
    good luck to all of y'all testing this week.  Happy Thanksgiving :)
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I am 4dpfet (is that right? 4 days past frozen transfer). I'm new to this forum and still figuring out all the lingo, lol. My beta is the Sunday after Thanksgiving (11/29). I have loved hearing everyone's stories on this forum. This is my 1st transfer. My RE is a fan of FET, saying his research shows the same or better results. That part is especially interesting to me because I see that most people do a fresh transfer. It's crazy how different everyone's protocols are.
  • Options
    Hi all!! I am 6dp5dt and i tested today and got my BFP!!!!! i have blood test on wednesday but couldnt wait!!! good luck to all of you!!! 
  • Options
    Congrats @kristinmiller09 I think you're the first BFP of the week! Here's hoping many more are to follow!
  • Options
    @kristinmiller09 congrats!!!!!!!!

Good luck this week ladies, I think after last weeks BFNs we are due for lots of BFPs this week. My FX for all of you!!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    misspuppychowmisspuppychow member
    edited November 2015
    Had my first beta drawn today. Results tomorrow!! I'm high risk so I'm very nervous. I'm 13 DPO, 14 DPT. My HPT is positive but my RE's nurse says it's just the leftover trigger shot.
    Married 09/2014
    BFP #1 11/19/15 | DS 07/16/2016
    BFP #2 09/03/17 | EDD 05/17/2018
  • Options
    My beta is tomorrow. Don't know if I should wait to avoid holding back tears on thanksgiving if it's negative or not. 2 weeks seems so long already! Good luck and FX ladies!!!
    Congrats @kristinmiller09 !! Love the positive news!
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• Options
    riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited November 2015
    Good luck @alqizwik!! It's definitely a tough decision on testing/getting results on a holiday. I really hope this is your time!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options

BFN today and AF is here... GL to everyone!
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

• Options

@LizzieJ13, so sorry to hear that. I hope you still find many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and enjoy time with friends and family. Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

@bsckgb7, thinking of you today. GL and FX for a BFP!

• Options
    @cwirth89 Thank you so much. This was our first medicated cycle, so we were hopeful but still understand it could be a longer road... very much looking forward to a nice holiday weeked. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

• Options
    Thank you @riveridgional I was also hoping as such. The nurse called back and isn't very happy with my numbers or very optimistic that it won't end in a chemical pregnancy. My beta was at 10.1. We will see if they double, but isn't looking good. I'm going to hold out hope though to stay positive through the holiday.
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016